R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 09-19-2010, 05:01 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Hobbytown, Gilbert, Az

If you didn't know Hobbytown in Gilbert Az holds parking lot racing every Saturday night until it cools off and then they move it the afternoon.

The track is nothing more than an area of the parking lot blocked off, an outer barrier some plow discs as corner markers and some more barriers for a road course. As for classes if you have 4 or more they will run a class for you (no nitro) usually they have novice, stadium truck, tc oval, tc road course, mini's and i think vta, they also have had legends and others.

They do not have lap counters (as far as i know it has been more than a year for me being there ) as they hand count on a computer. There is power you have to bring an extension cord to hook up to the one that runs thru the pit area, you also have to bring a table,chair and popup.

This is a low key racing environment, little drama ( there will always be some ) but lotsa fun

I am not affiliated with them, but i like what they are trying to do grassroots racing.

I realize this is not a "real track" and they don't have transponders or teching after each race, it is fun and that is what it should be all about. So if you want an on road fix or less drama and more racing check it out.
AzRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:52 AM   #2
Tech Rookie

hey

i really dnt know about this place but i really want to visit here atleast for once so kindly give me full details of this place , it will be helpful for me.