Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Bumps and Jumps 2010 - 2011 season >

Bumps and Jumps 2010 - 2011 season

Bumps and Jumps 2010 - 2011 season

Old 09-30-2010, 06:48 AM
SPN
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 201 (100%+)

According to how they're going to be running you can run an aftermarket servo in the pro class.

As far as the tread depth question that has me puzzled too. There is no way a crime fighter would hook up in there on an 1/8 buggy.

Carey
Old 09-30-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I thought it was posted here 1/16 instead of 3/32 for 1/8th scale. I guess its not a huge difference but I think the rule ought to at least include Holeshots and Grid Irons and I dont know if they would at 3/32.

Getting ready to order the rest of what I need to run Pro class so I was checking the rules and it gets a little confusing. I understand the spec class rules but the Pro class rules dont seem to accurately represent what we've discussed in this thread.

Im thinking about ordering V2 shocks, a ball diff, and perhaps a rpm bumper are all these legal for pro class? I assume they would be since I think its been stated SC10 FT are legal in the Pro class presuming they have legal electronics.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:54 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
I thought it was posted here 1/16 instead of 3/32 for 1/8th scale. I guess its not a huge difference but I think the rule ought to at least include Holeshots and Grid Irons and I dont know if they would at 3/32.

Getting ready to order the rest of what I need to run Pro class so I was checking the rules and it gets a little confusing. I understand the spec class rules but the Pro class rules dont seem to accurately represent what we've discussed in this thread.

Im thinking about ordering V2 shocks, a ball diff, and perhaps a rpm bumper are all these legal for pro class? I assume they would be since I think its been stated SC10 FT are legal in the Pro class presuming they have legal electronics.
In the Pro class where they are running 17.5 with any SCT tire it would be legal to put a diff in and V2 shocks. In spec its not to put a diff in if the kit doesn't come with one which I don't think any of the spec trucks come with a diff, just a gear diff.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Im not running spec. Is a ball diff legal in pro class?
Old 09-30-2010, 06:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sorry - been busy working.
The ball diff is not legal in pro spec 17.5
So if your kit comes with it - you have to run mod or change to a gear diff.
I don't want everyone to have to go out and buy a ball diff to be competitive.
My whole objective here is to make a stock slash competitive - even in the 17.5 class, my thought is that the ball diff will be a bit faster due to the bite level being greater.
But like I said before - these rules are not in stone - we can tweak them on the first race day, but after we all discuss them I won't change them throughout the year.
Sorry I meant to say .050 tip - my bad.
My head is just a busy this time of year, adding misting system, working on track - tilling in soil-moist, so the track will stay wetter, etc.
just a busy few weeks ahead of me.
Jason was building new jumps today - they will be killer this year - I am excited to see the lay out in a few weeks.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

not trying to be an a-hole but these rules are so overly complicated that no one is ever going to know if they are legal or not....
Old 09-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Tech Initiate

well,

i thought pro/17.5 would be a little more lenient on the rules...no ball diff? well that kinda puts me out of both spec and 17.5...

maybe i read it wrong, but wasn't pro/17.5 class supposed to be more like roar rules? does roar not allow ball diffs? doesn't the factory team sc10, kyosho sc-r, and the blitz ese have a ball diff? i thought you decided to keep 17.5 as opposed to 13.5 was so the rtr trucks could run in either spec or 17.5... in post #167 you state the factory kits are 17.5 legal... i'd have to agree with shtluck, this is getting a little complicated. you're calling it "pro," let's race these things like it then.

at this point i have to rework both my short course trucks to run both classes...or take a transmission out of my spec truck and put it in my 17.5 truck to run 17.5.

sonnyd
Old 10-01-2010, 06:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

A gear diff to run the "pro" class????
Old 10-01-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

That's why I said they could be tweaked
I haven't run all summer, so I am not sure what you guys are doing.
If you want ball diff's - no problem.
I just want to do what is best for everyone.

So basically just roar rules but no chassis conversions.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

updated the web site
hopefully it's all good now
Old 10-01-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by chris mckinney
That's why I said they could be tweaked
I haven't run all summer, so I am not sure what you guys are doing.
If you want ball diff's - no problem.
I just want to do what is best for everyone.

So basically just roar rules but no chassis conversions.
thanks for clearing that up...this is what i assumed your rules were, was a little confused when you said no ball diffs

sonnyd
Old 10-01-2010, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

The only reason i was opposed to only running a gear diff is when the cvd's bind the rear end, they seem to take out the diff housing pretty quick. The housings don't have steel bushings molded in like 1/8th scale for the out drives. I was faster with a gear diff but self destructed in 2 qualifiers.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Ok cool. Chris I think your doing a good job keeping up so far

Faster with a gear diff? Then why do the FT kits come with them. I thought it would be an advantage. I gotta admit I dont really understand what you meant about the cvds binding taking out the trans housing though. Im a newb when it comes to this electric stuff.

Still havent figured out what tires to get. I guess nobody wants to give up their speed secrets.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Still havent figured out what tires to get. I guess nobody wants to give up their speed secrets.
nobody is racing there yet so its tough to say what tire works...

the only thing i am not a fan of is the no conversions rule in pro class....
also what constitutes a conversion? is the xfactory considered a kit or conversion
Old 10-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Addict

Ok cool. Chris I think your doing a good job keeping up so far

Faster with a gear diff? Then why do the FT kits come with them. I thought it would be an advantage. I gotta admit I dont really understand what you meant about the cvds binding taking out the trans housing though. Im a newb when it comes to this electric stuff.

I was faster with it anyway. They are easy to tune and once it's where you like it, it stays there unlike a ball diff. If i knew it wouldnt take a crap i'd run it. I broke one in my ftsc10 and now i broke one in my kyosho sc-r. I have no problems with them in rtr trucks with bones but they keep breaking in the team trucks with cvd's.

CVD's increase rear traction by binding the rear end. When it binds they put pressure on the outdrives which is why the gear diff housings take a beating with cvd's. If the track is rough I will switch to dogbones. Dogbones let the suspension move freely while under power. It's hard to explain but it does.

If you switch to a ball diff, you will notice a huge differance in the way it drives. Some guys won't but you should be able to Jason. It takes away the 1/8th scale feel of letting the back end hang out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.