Wiki Posts
Search

Bumps and Jumps 2010 - 2011 season

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

really?
cause i have two different cases for my gear diff...
did you get the b4.1 gear diff because i think they might be able to run in the ball diff case. i have the original rtr gear diff and it takes a different case.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShtLuck
really?
cause i have two different cases for my gear diff...
did you get the b4.1 gear diff because i think they might be able to run in the ball diff case. i have the original rtr gear diff and it takes a different case.
Yep. Cases that came in the kit are the same part number as the RTR. I didn't even bother building the ball diff at first. I pulled the diff out of one of the RTR trucks i had and it was an early one. You can tell by the rear tow block/hinge pin brace. The newer RTR's came with the newer factory team style brace with 4 degrees of tow and a 2 deg. anti squat shim. The earlier trucks came with a 3 deg. tow/2 deg. antisquat brace.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

now i have to go look at my truck again...
all you ever do is confuse me mike...
Old 09-21-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Im so confused.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

The 3300 Fuze system is a tic faster and has a little more torque over a 17.5 with no timming running all gear. My boy and I practice on our backyard track and he will pull me about six ft. or so on a 105' back stretch. I ran the Fuze system against Bob Moore when he started to run 17.5 at Pitstop and it was no advantage to me against great driving and set up.. IMHO I would let the 3300 systems run with 17.5. Chris If you would like to get a few guys and their trucks out with different systems I have no problem making the trip out there to help hammer this out?

For the RTR box stock class (beginners) that what it should be a RTR out of the box. Burnning up motors and ESC is part of being a beginner and it is up to you to let other electronics from other RTR trucks to be mixed.

If you have a Mod SC truck let them run in the 4wd. SC class or call it the open class. If they are not happy about that go get your self a buggy and run with the big dawgs...

I will be running 17.5 SC class and mod. buggy, my boy is just running 17.5 he said he feels the need to move up with better drivers.

Pat and Pat jr.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

uhhhh headaches.. Glad i am running open pro class so i dont have to deal with all that shiz.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I know Im starting to sound like record but no one has really answered what the big advantage of the factory team options are. For example I think the gear diffs are easy to use because you can change the oil or grease in them to accomadate a track. Also the threaded shocks? And how it can be infoced?
Old 09-21-2010, 04:40 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Ward
I know Im starting to sound like record but no one has really answered what the big advantage of the factory team options are. For example I think the gear diffs are easy to use because you can change the oil or grease in them to accomadate a track. Also the threaded shocks? And how it can be infoced?
Its simple if the Factory Team wasn zero advantage the pros would run RTR kits with different electronics.

No pro that I know of runs a gear diff in offroad. The Factory Team is all graphite with titanium so it is stronger and lighter from the start. The parts are graphite so they fit better and handle better since they don't flex which means more consistant. ALso come with better tires and the hardened shocks are also more consistant as they don't wear on the inside like stock RTR alum shocks.

Your average guy might not see a difference but a good driver can use these little differences to go a few seconds faster in a 6 minute run so thats all it takes.

The reason in the spec class that everyone wants to run different electronics from other RTR kits is because out of the bax stock the Slash is a superiaor truck. It has the best electronics, best servo and most traction. Non of the other RTR trucks using all stock equipment match up. HPI Blitz is nice but has a crappy speedo with no reverse lockout so every HPI driver wants to makes rules to switch speedos. The SC10 out of the box is the fastest RTR but has the worst tires. Every driver wants to change tires and other RTR guys want to use the Associated motor. You see this at PS in spec. Every fast guy in spec uses the Associated motor for the most part. Just some examples for those that have not seen alot of Spec SCT racing.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Its simple if the Factory Team wasn zero advantage the pros would run RTR kits with different electronics.

No pro that I know of runs a gear diff in offroad. The Factory Team is all graphite with titanium so it is stronger and lighter from the start. The parts are graphite so they fit better and handle better since they don't flex which means more consistant. ALso come with better tires and the hardened shocks are also more consistant as they don't wear on the inside like stock RTR alum shocks.

Your average guy might not see a difference but a good driver can use these little differences to go a few seconds faster in a 6 minute run so thats all it takes.

The reason in the spec class that everyone wants to run different electronics from other RTR kits is because out of the bax stock the Slash is a superiaor truck. It has the best electronics, best servo and most traction. Non of the other RTR trucks using all stock equipment match up. HPI Blitz is nice but has a crappy speedo with no reverse lockout so every HPI driver wants to makes rules to switch speedos. The SC10 out of the box is the fastest RTR but has the worst tires. Every driver wants to change tires and other RTR guys want to use the Associated motor. You see this at PS in spec. Every fast guy in spec uses the Associated motor for the most part. Just some examples for those that have not seen alot of Spec SCT racing.

Ok if your worried about that kind of stuff then you need to have a limit on batteries. And also pull out the dogbone and check for the screw for the ball diff. Which is the only fair thing for all the spec drivers. Also from what your saying the slash should be in its on class because of its weight. I understand what you mean how all the small things add up, so then when that person does that well you just have them bump up. AM I OVAL RACING AGAIN?
Old 09-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Matt Ward

It is no problem to pop off a rear link and check for the diff screw if suspected of running one.

If you let one team truck run then you have to let them all. Like Brian said a good driver can use a team truck to his advantage. You know you will get some sandbaggers to jump into the beginners class.

Brian I have your scrub brush from last week, I will get it back to you.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think novice spec, pro spec (both out of the box brushed rtr's) and an open mod class for pro drivers only would be the most simple way to do it.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Matt, relax - the problem is roar basically allowed so many upgrades it's no longer is a spec class. There are a lot of people out there that the love the simplicity of buying a truck off the wall (RTR) and being competitive with it. Your shocks are not a big deal. Like last year we allowed any any upgrade that was not a performance advantage - examples include rpm arm &, caster blocks, threaded shocks would also fall into this category. However double D's are going to be faster, etc.

Keith - the problem with the way pit stop has done it in spec is just as Reigle alluded too, people had to go buy additional equipment to be competitive. All short course trucks have advantages and disadvantages out of the box. Why make the guy with the blitz go and buy slash tires and an sc-10 motor to make his truck superior. In my opinion the spec class around here is anything but spec. I firmly believe that if these rules were in place when the trucks first came into the market we would not have seen the kind of growth we have had. I agree with pat if you want to spend money run the 17.5 class or go play with the big boys and get a 2wd.

Pat, I like your idea about open mod - guys that have a 4.5 in there blitz can run in 4wd short course - or maybe we just change the name to modified short course. I think it may just be good to get these rules up on the web and then the first race - tweak them to make sure the majority of everyone is happy.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Addict

If anyone wants a losi xxxcr buggy you can get one through chris for $175out the door this week! You just have to email him, pm him or call him befor this friday (9/24/10)
Old 09-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Just now catching up with the threrad. I do think Chris is right, make a stock spec class and a mod ( 17.5 motor limit ) or open class. But keep it simple. If you wanna go faster sign up for a different class. 1 to run and 1 for fun. Chris I do have an off the subject question. Will you be running 8th electric classes the season? Looking to get ready for motorama. Thanks
Old 09-21-2010, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

i personally dont really care what you do with spec cause i dont run it...
i am just trying to get the point across that there are 30 guys who want to race that cant under your tracks rules.

i personally wont run a mod motor short course class because these trucks dont need the power. plus i run 4wd also so i wouldnt be able to run my 17.5 and 4wd under these proposed rules as that would be one class.

after last year i can attest that running a 2wd with the 4wd at bumps is a bad idea, why do think we stopped showing up with our 17.5 trucks once you put us in the 4x4 class.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.