R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 09-22-2010, 01:07 PM   #91
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Had a blast last year the few times I came down and looking forward to more trips this year. Im in for box stock however it pans out. my .02

stock spec sct

pro/mod open sct

open mod 4wd sct

Ill be heading down after deer season for some action and a bump burger!!!!!
PADIRTLMJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:12 PM   #92
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9graffix View Post
Wow, what a discussion on these sct trucks. I went and bought a ultima sc specifically to run at bumps this year. No matter what Chris comes up with I will run it box stock. I can see many people desire to be able to mix and match rtr parts from one brand to another because of certain drawbacks from each manufacturer. If a certain brand tends to blow engines and escs , then yes I would want to swap out for something that doesn't make me replace them every couple of races.
Basically, like Chris says...every brand has it's good points n bad. I for one, race on an extreme budget. And I wouldn't care one bit at all if you allowed people to swap out rtr gear because I am coming to race for fun. Everything breaks....and if one brands motor and esc, tires, etc..are better and mine break or wear out, then it would be cool to replace with better quality stuff, but if you can't...whoop di doo.
So I think a lot of people might agree with swapping rtr gear.
But when it comes down to it, I don't really care. I am gonna race to have fun, and that is what should matter most. Cause c'mon....really....are you racing these things to get rich...heck no...ur doing it to have fun......that or you can't afford to do it 1:1. lmao.

Enough already...lin'em up...let's race.
We had a guy run the Ultima RTR SCT in the spec class and he did pretty well with it. The stock tires are fairly decent after a few runs and the electronics are pretty nice. The steering servo was a little slow and he at first had a breakage issue with the stock axles breaking but that was almost a year ago so I'm sure the axle problem has been fixed. They are nice RTR trucks and the Pro kit is awesome.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:17 PM   #93
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTP Racing View Post
I just got my SC10 and its not very fast. I saw somewhere someone posted a 3300kv motor was like a 8.5 Novak (not this thread) and they were sorely mistaken. I would compare it to a 19t brushed motor and not a very quick one at that. Its more like a good racing brushed stock motor. Im hoping that with lipo it will be faster. Right now I just ran one of my 2400mah NIMH packs I had for my starter box.
A 3300kv motor is more equal to a 17.5 or at best a 13.5 with no timing. A 17.5 with timing from a high end speedo should be faster than a 3300kv as it is sensorless and high timing is not available to sensorless systems. I know Castle and Tekins sensorless setups don't give huge timing and turbos like you can with sensored systems.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:38 PM   #94
Tech Regular

I just want to race...And that is def. what I plan to do on the 17th. The SC class has resurrected r/c and now it's a heated debate b/c 15 guys want 15 different sets of rules. Chris wants my opinion and I feel that since many tracks allow spec/stock to interchange the rtr gear, this would be a good starting point. I like the idea of Open Mod which would consist of 2wd and 4wd sc trucks with ANY running gear. Next, since this is such a big deal for soo many guys, 17.5 ROAR SC. Lastly, keep spec as spec for the novice guys. If we have a pro spec class then we need to combine that with the 17.5 class and allow spec electronics or 17.5 and any tire and wheel, but none of this 1/8th shit that looks retarded. I guess there should be no more than 3 sc classes which is still too many but I would like to see Spec stay for novice, 17.5 and Pro Spec be combined, and the Mod SC class with 2wd and 4wd.

Those are my opinions now you guys can start bashing!!!haha

Chris,

Please let me know what to bring as I have 3 SC trucks and I want to make sure that I have 2 setup correctly to run.

Cash,

You talk more shit than I produce from eating those ohh soo fine Bumps burgers. I could understand you talking smack if you had actually posted a WIN on me but you havent and the future doesnt look promising for you. I heard you have been cutting your body out so that it doesnt even look like a SC truck just so you can win @ G's Dude, and I thought you might be better than that. Come on over, up, or down to Bumps and get your crash on. If you need a pace car to show you around let me know. I'm sure that if you run with me, Brian, Bob, Pat, and the rest of the bumps crew, you might, and I did just type might, be battling for a spot mid pack...AT BEST.

I know this is wore out like your racing career is, but...JUST BRING IT!!!

Bryan
Bryan@SMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:20 PM   #95
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Causing way to many problems sorry for the post.

These are the rules taht the track near Philly has settled on. Just thought I would let you know.

Hey Bryan I think it is going to be very close racing this winter at bumps. Can hardly waite to throw it down.

Last edited by Bob Moore; 09-22-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Bob Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:22 PM   #96
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I am also waiting on the electronics rules so I can get my truck ready.
Ryan Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #97
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

so no 17.5 class???

that is about the most assanine thing i have ever heard as that is the one national standard....
Old 09-22-2010, 05:57 PM   #98
Tech Addict

If I ever did SC, it would be open mod, takes all the hassle out of it.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #99
SPN
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 201 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to SPN Send a message via MSN to SPN Send a message via Skype™ to SPN

I just got into 17.5 and dragged 3-4 new guys with me. They're going to be bummed if they don't have a place to run. Figures I just bought a new 17.5 last week

premierehobbies.com

THR Member
The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride.
SPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #100
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am thinking about running a SC truck this winter. Loking for recommendations on which truck might be good for a off road newbie.
Thanks.
microracer25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:16 PM   #101
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
I know some guys run Slash truck and some other RTRs out of the box or almost 100% stock out of the box and do very well. I like to do it and a few others do but I also know that I'm at a disadvantage but driving makes up most of it.

I know its hard and is a pain but Chris has always wanted to keep SCT a more of a Spec class but all the summer tracks more or less let guys run just about anything so it messes up the rules we had in place before other tracks ever ran these trucks. Now its like Chris is suppose to change his rules to conform and it makes for a total mess. Would be nice if every place ran the same but don't happen.

Yes the SCT class is at this point like oval racing and I agree with that. Problem is everyone is cashing in on Traxxas making a CORR truck so again is screws everything up.

I still think we should have a Spec class just like we did last year and just run Pros and Normal together for just one Spec class and then one open SCT with 2S lipo and SCT tires and be done. This will keep down the amount of classes.
Lost Creek does SPEC and anything else is mod. SPEC at LCRC means out of box RTR spec and not kit out of the box spec. Mod includes 2 and 4wd and no battery or motor limits and we all seem to run together without problems. The beginning of the year at G's I also ran a 4wd SCT with Bryan from SMC in mod sct and we did not seem to have any problems either. Most of us are just out for the fun of it and are more into racing side by side for 4th or 5th rather than worrying about who is upfront. Kash and myself ran mod sct together last weekend at G's with another guy and it was all fine and fun. Names of the classes really does not matter to me, I think you only really need two.
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:16 PM   #102
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Guys, where does it say anywhere on here that you cannot run 17.5? the rules havent been established yet....

sooooo, whos ready for some mod buggy,truck, and 4 wheel?
Old 09-22-2010, 06:21 PM   #103
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by function>form View Post
Guys, where does it say anywhere on here that you cannot run 17.5? the rules havent been established yet.....
why would someone run a 17.5 motor against 13.5 and lower turn motors...
you wouldnt have a chance at being competitive...

its not fun to show up knowing you are at huge disadvantage to start with.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #104
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

i should clarify, i meant at bumps, i think you were replying to bobs post about the philly track...
Old 09-22-2010, 06:31 PM   #105
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtLuck View Post
why would someone run a 17.5 motor against 13.5 and lower turn motors...
you wouldnt have a chance at being competitive...

its not fun to show up knowing you are at huge disadvantage to start with.
I show up with a 10.5 no boost in my buggy and race agaist people with 8.5 and 7.5 and 7.0 and my little 10.5 can still win. It doesnt matter what you have in your car you just have to drive it and not mess up to be fast.