Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 11-29-2010, 07:29 AM   #601
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
not really. we got worked marshallin em. thankfully they had reverse

R
yeah funny thing is every class used reverse but it seamed only the 1/8th scale guys got yelled at for it. I guess you guys dont like new people coming to your track
nastystroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:36 AM   #602
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sensitive much??
Jammin SCR10, XXX-T, XXX-SCT Stock Spec
pitstophobbies.net
pswag115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:13 AM   #603
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
not really. we got worked marshallin em. thankfully they had reverse

R
A little harsh! While I didn't marshal it I did watch and it looked like you guys were havin fun, And that's what this is supposed to be about isn't it? Hopefully we will see you again, and the cars looked fun but sketchy a bit twitchy!

I try hard to not be a hack, but I'm not a class a driver. That said I'm always out to smile, run, and finish. In that order! Not my place to say but I wouldnt mind not having the opportunity to read something like that again!
rregl0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:58 AM   #604
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastystroker View Post
yeah funny thing is every class used reverse but it seamed only the 1/8th scale guys got yelled at for it. I guess you guys dont like new people coming to your track
Honestly no one should be using reverse during racing period. Only the novice should or can use it. Every other class should never use reverse!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't matter if your new or weekly racer at Bumps. That is what turn marshalls are for.

Has nothing to do with with new or old in any way. I find reverse being used normally takes out other drivers by accident but should never happen and the racer who did nothing wrong gets taken out. Maybe it didn't happen this week but I watched it numerous times. I find it even worse when seasoned veterans that no better or sponsored racers due this during a race. For practice this is fine but during racing it is unsportsmen like to say the least. You wrecked so let the marshalls due their job. I should not be penalized because someone takes me out using reverse. Simple rules that are in place at any track I have ever raced at in 20 plus years...........<NO REVERSE>. We try to run relaxed races at Bumps but I guess I will have to have a drivers meeting next time we run and go over the no reverse thing.

As for not liking new guys I would say not true and has zero to due with anything. The staff at Bumps and pretty much every regular likes when we get alot of the out of town guys we only see a few times a year. I enjoy seeing and talking with them. This week I talked with some very nice guys while waiting for my race from I think they said West Virginia. Very nice to talk with and more than happy then made the trip. Actually one of the guys was in my heat and A main SCT race with is Kyosho.

One persons post does not speak for everyone on this thread and especially not the staff at Bumps.

Brian
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #605
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rregl0612 View Post
A little harsh! While I didn't marshal it I did watch and it looked like you guys were havin fun, And that's what this is supposed to be about isn't it? Hopefully we will see you again, and the cars looked fun but sketchy a bit twitchy!

I try hard to not be a hack, but I'm not a class a driver. That said I'm always out to smile, run, and finish. In that order! Not my place to say but I wouldnt mind not having the opportunity to read something like that again!
Its tight at Bumps and 1/8th guys have lots......mostly too much power for any indoor track but they enjoy trying to wind them up.

Brother from another mother I hear that part about not trying to be a hack and I try to drive as clean as I can but the last two weeks I seem to be a magnet on Jasons SCT. Not sure why but for whatever reason I just get tangled with him or bump him at the wrong time. Not on purpose but just seems that my truck likes his.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:57 AM   #606
Tech Fanatic

yes our 1/8th scales were too much for that track.lol we usually run on a very loose track but we tried to get them tuned as best we could. I even made the comment "these guys here already relized 1/8th is too much" because we were the only ones. As far as reverse goes we all had them tured off but after seeing the first 4 races and everyone else using it we turned it back on, but i heard more than one smart remark made about us using reverse. As far as having fun? we had a blast and are already talking about getting different cars for the next trip cause. Thanks again for having us and maybe next time youll come over and say hi.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:45 AM   #607
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
yes our 1/8th scales were too much for that track.lol we usually run on a very loose track but we tried to get them tuned as best we could. I even made the comment "these guys here already relized 1/8th is too much" because we were the only ones. As far as reverse goes we all had them tured off but after seeing the first 4 races and everyone else using it we turned it back on, but i heard more than one smart remark made about us using reverse. As far as having fun? we had a blast and are already talking about getting different cars for the next trip cause. Thanks again for having us and maybe next time youll come over and say hi.
Id love to see you guys again, and for sure will say hi, I've been eyeballing the hyper tt, but no one else there, Also settin up a 4 wheel buggy as we speak,

Wyd, It happens, Alot of times I move off my line to let someone go and they were expecting to hold the line so it happens like that, Oh well, I guess well see if I make the classic, But more than likely wont. Saturdays are hit or miss at work
rregl0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:02 PM   #608

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

check with the track about rules before you run or assume you can do something. we had to marshal you and more than once we came close to if not hit in the ankle by a 1/8 reversing and us 'veteran racers' are used to no reverse period. we'll run after you every time when ur turtle but more than once we all had to wonder should be go out there before they blast reverse and smack us or another racer. after 1st rd we all knew u were reversing so we just let ya do your thing and prayed for your driveline.

they welcome new and novice racers but please do us all a favor and ask for rules or help, dont just assume. i honestly thought reverse was banned even in SCT (except for the sportsman kids) and you wont see mod buggy guys using reverse during races as most of us dont have it.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:01 PM   #609
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure I missed some of the new guys. My pit space is the one in are tech area before you go out to the track. Next time you come up stop by. If you ever have a problem come see me and I will get it taken care of or I will get you to the owner and he will take care of any problem.

I will make sure no reverse is used anymore at the next race. I only watched a few races all day and missed all the happenings. Sorry about that.

Brian
Old 11-29-2010, 03:31 PM   #610
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
check with the track about rules before you run or assume you can do something. we had to marshal you and more than once we came close to if not hit in the ankle by a 1/8 reversing and us 'veteran racers' are used to no reverse period. we'll run after you every time when ur turtle but more than once we all had to wonder should be go out there before they blast reverse and smack us or another racer. after 1st rd we all knew u were reversing so we just let ya do your thing and prayed for your driveline.

they welcome new and novice racers but please do us all a favor and ask for rules or help, dont just assume. i honestly thought reverse was banned even in SCT (except for the sportsman kids) and you wont see mod buggy guys using reverse during races as most of us dont have it.

R
Ive been racing for 23 years and most tracks (unless back yard) dont allow reverse so i didnt need to check the rules BUT every class including sct and buggy there were a few that used reverse and nothing was said so as i said we all turned reverse back on.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:35 PM   #611
Tech Fanatic

As i had said we had fun and hopefully will be back soon.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:36 PM   #612
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I cant make the xmas classic race but I would like to come up on the Friday practice night.

Would nitro be allowed to run on Friday practice that weekend?
Old 11-29-2010, 03:53 PM   #613

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

well next time lets have a track rule on what classes can use reverse to make things crystal and not confuse racers, marshals or track officials.

lets be clear-he was not told he couldnt marshal anymore, he was told that they didnt need any more marshals for a particular heat as they already had 8 from previous round. If you heard the instruction over the PA it would be clear, no harm intended. The race director may be 13yrs old but he is the race director as he is every wk and if he gives an instruction, we follow. If anything you should thank the young man b/c he was concerned for your son's safety after a few close calls in rd1.

your son stood in marshal spots where great attention and quick judgement is needed (danger lurks every lap as well), the situation was clear b/c in qual 1 you son did not marshal his spot many a time as he wanted to watch the races. thats fine but not from a marshal spot where other marshals are having to guess if he is goin to get the car or not. Your son in rd2 also ran out onto and off the track twice at random drinking a soda to watch the races runnin in front of cars (the same car in fact) twice. fortunately that driver is an expert and was able to dodge w/o incident u'd never know it happened. People can and do get hurt. There is no room for liability and i personally couldnt handle hurting a child in any way shape or form.

The other kids who marshalled are regulars who have proven themselves to be able to handle themselves accordingly. they often get practice marshalling during practice time. if your son wants to do that and/or marshal with you during races thats ideal. i will say your son was well behaved and very interested in the races, just needs a lil direction and seasoning to have even more fun at the races with dad. there were some other kids who were not behaving in terms of horseplay, runnin up and back behind drivers during races, playing with the air compressor and bathroom sinks. that cant stand and i'm sure chris will address it.

simply put, come out and race, have fun like ur doin. let your son marshal with you or pair him up with an expert to show him the ropes.

R

PS-mod buggy do not use reverse while racing. practice some who have it do, not during race. if they are-well we'll all have a chat bout that.
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:13 PM   #614
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Brian- I was just thinking, since you said about maybe having a drivers meeting discussing the "no reverse" issue, perhaps it would be a good idea to maybe throw out the quick basics of the race day and marshalling. One thing im noticing every week is more and more "new" faces, whether there seasoned racers or beginners and might not be sure on how things roll at bumps and jumps. Such as parents letting there kids run all over the track unattended, its great the kids out there marshalling, but most are out there just playing and that becomes a risk to them,our cars and a liablility to Chris. Theres not as much room out there as an outdoor track for the kids to be playing. The only time I saw that being a problem was durring practice, which was crazy enough w/ 15+ cars out there. Just my opinion, Chris and all you guys do a GREAT job on race days, keep up the good work!!!

-Ken-
KG74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:34 PM   #615
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG74 View Post
Brian- I was just thinking, since you said about maybe having a drivers meeting discussing the "no reverse" issue, perhaps it would be a good idea to maybe throw out the quick basics of the race day and marshalling. One thing im noticing every week is more and more "new" faces, whether there seasoned racers or beginners and might not be sure on how things roll at bumps and jumps. Such as parents letting there kids run all over the track unattended, its great the kids out there marshalling, but most are out there just playing and that becomes a risk to them,our cars and a liablility to Chris. Theres not as much room out there as an outdoor track for the kids to be playing. The only time I saw that being a problem was durring practice, which was crazy enough w/ 15+ cars out there. Just my opinion, Chris and all you guys do a GREAT job on race days, keep up the good work!!!

-Ken-
well its funny you bring that up. im sure your refuring to my son. at no time did i see him playing and if it wasnt for him being out there you wouldnt of had anyone doing it. I stayed out there alot myself because i noticed that everyone would go out and practice but only a handfull would marshall and trust me after awhile i counter racers and then marshalls at the next race. My son and i enjoyed marshalling for you guys and as far as a liability coming into play,there are signs that say enter at your own risk. I am his father and i let him out there so i take the risk.