R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2010, 12:14 PM   #46
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,121
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash$ View Post
Uhh well just sign me up for the open pro sct class I am not bothering with stock it has to many variables and I just wanna go fast and let both Brians buy my cheesburgers this indoor season .
After racing with you I will be huge because you will oh me so many burgers I will have to take a rain check.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:19 PM   #47
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,121
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtLuck View Post
i agree on keeping it simple...
however where do we draw the line... if a kid shows up with a velenion system in a slash and wants to race where does he get put, or a guy that shows up with a 10.5 in a truck.
its a fine line you have to walk on this stuff when you dont have a cut and dry set of rules.
for example: pit stop spec trucks cant run at bumps because of the electronics mix and match that is allowed at pit stop.
Its not the easiest thing to do thats for sure. Chris will have his work cutout for him thats for sure. Glad I'm not him in this matter.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:24 PM   #48
Tech Addict
 
Matt Ward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Bloomfield, PA
Posts: 597
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

First offet me say l think it's a good idea to open up a discussion on the class. Next my question is could a factory team sc10 run in the stock class with stock electronics and tires? If not why? All the stuff that people will say about why they can't(besides threaded shocks) are hard to reconize. Like a ball diff or adjustable toe in.
Matt Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:53 PM   #49
SPN
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Red Lion, PA
Posts: 1,435
Trader Rating: 201 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to SPN Send a message via MSN to SPN Send a message via Skype™ to SPN
Default

yeah atleast i know my 4wd is legal....
__________________

premierehobbies.com

THR Member
The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride.
SPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:02 PM   #50
Tech Elite
 
PTP Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,699
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

The SC10 brushless rtr comes with a 3300kv motor not a 3600kv. I dont know what it compares to but my assumption is that its comparible to the current crop of rtr stuff....hopefully just a hair quicker

Im already leaning towards the open class though as I want to get race tires and FT options for it.

I like the way you have it figured Chris. Spec should be a class for out of the box trucks without modification. If you want to run options then you should run in the pro or mod class (whatever you call it). Setting a motor limit for that class makes sense just to stop the urge for people to drastically over power vehicles which is not only pointless but can be dangerous to the marshalls. I think that would keep things simple and easy to control.
__________________
Paycheck to Paycheck Racing
Jason Miller
PTP Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #51
Tech Elite
 
Kash$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sykesville, MD
Posts: 2,687
Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
After racing with you I will be huge because you will oh me so many burgers I will have to take a rain check.
So who all is gonna be in pro class ? Try and keep pro class pro, meaning "you can actually wheel" not just a class to put overly modified trucks into .
__________________
Kash "Money" Krickler .
Mugen Seiki / J Concepts / Airtronics/Sanwa USA / LC Racing , Baton Inc. / VIPER / REDS Racing USA / VP Racing Fuels / Tekno RC / Boca Bearings / G's Raceway & Hobbies / Waldorf RC / Upgrade RC / Kal Gaurd Lubricants /
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:17 PM   #52
Tech Master
 
lappdawg27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Marietta, PA
Posts: 1,110
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Seems like most people like my rules idea (SPEC and Pro SPEC/17.5) but I just thought of something. Should the SPEC class be for beginners only (i.e. if you are within 20% of the Pro class TQ you should move to Pro)?

Of course, that would force a fast guy in SPEC to then move to Pro, where they may feel the need to buy a bunch of stuff to be competitive.
__________________
Pitstop Hobbies Web Admin - http://www.pitstophobbies.net

STADIUM TRUCK ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
HP PRST-1
AE FT RC10GT2 (for when nitro ST rises from the dead!!)
lappdawg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:37 AM   #53
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 417
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Chris, I see your point in having a spec/stock class to bring in new people to RC and keep costs down. The problem is the reliability of some brands stock electronics, especially Associated. I think if someone new to the hobby bought a RTR sc10 and popped a motor 3 weeks in a row i would get discouraged. You already spent $40 on two new ones which is more than half way to the cost of a traxxas motor and speed control that will last all season. Also, have a spec tire (hpi or traxxas) that all the tracks in the area can agree on. A set will last far beyond a whole season.

I will most likely go with the cross branding rules for my track next year.
Mike C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:11 AM   #54
Tech Fanatic
 
chris mckinney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 779
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I think I like the way this is taking shape
the only test it to make sure the fuze system and the rtr sc10 system is not faster than a 17.5 I would prefer to make the speedo's in blinky mode. If no one is running them with boost anyway it sounds better for everyone involved to be spec.
Matt - the factory team I would think would be ok in stock - less the ball diff, and other stuff you mentioned.
Plus if you get too fast you get booted to the pro spec class.
What should the 17.5 class be called?
__________________
www.bumpsandjumpsrc.com
chris mckinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:29 AM   #55
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: pa
Posts: 2,430
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

its really simple.
it should be 17.5 and run roar 17.5 rules...
problem solved.

oh and your factory team idea is great except that would require someone to buy a new trans to accomodate the gear diff because the cases are different. also now i need to upgrade my 17.5 truck to an esc that has a spec mode?
also i know a 3300kv or 3600kv will be way faster down the straight than a no timing 17.5 motor its been proven.
__________________
bumpsandjumpsrc.com
Scale Speed - High Performance Dirt Oval
ShtLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:32 AM   #56
Tech Addict
 
Matt Ward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Bloomfield, PA
Posts: 597
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

I understand what you are saying Chris but how will you inforce that? Like tearing it down? And do the threaded shock give anyone that much more of an advantage? By the time your race is up you should already have your truck set up, so what are threaded shocks really going to do for you? Just my two cents but this is sounding alot like oval racing again.
Matt Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:37 AM   #57
Tech Addict
 
Matt Ward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Bloomfield, PA
Posts: 597
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

oh and your factory team idea is great except that would require someone to buy a new trans to accomodate the gear diff because the cases are different.

But when in a the truck they look identical, so how will it be inforced? I will run in what ever class Chris says he wants me to but I'm just saying people bend and break rules.
Matt Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:38 AM   #58
Tech Addict
 
Matt Ward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Bloomfield, PA
Posts: 597
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ward View Post
oh and your factory team idea is great except that would require someone to buy a new trans to accomodate the gear diff because the cases are different.
But when in a the truck they look identical, so how will it be inforced? I will run in what ever class Chris says he wants me to but I'm just saying people bend and break rules.
Matt Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:56 AM   #59
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: pa
Posts: 2,430
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

i look at like this guys:
pitstop gets roughly 12-20 racers in 17.5 class and around 30 spec trucks every week.
why wouldnt you run the same rules package they do?

No offense chris but off-road isnt your main show at bumps so why wouldnt you just use the same rules as the main sct track in your area?
all changing the rules does is keep people who race all summer from showing up at bumps.
__________________
bumpsandjumpsrc.com
Scale Speed - High Performance Dirt Oval
ShtLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:04 AM   #60
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 417
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtLuck View Post
its really simple.
it should be 17.5 and run roar 17.5 rules...
problem solved.

oh and your factory team idea is great except that would require someone to buy a new trans to accomodate the gear diff because the cases are different. also now i need to upgrade my 17.5 truck to an esc that has a spec mode?
also i know a 3300kv or 3600kv will be way faster down the straight than a no timing 17.5 motor its been proven.
Cases are the same part number. I ran a gear diff in my factory team at pitstop.
Mike C is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:41 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net