R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2010, 07:39 AM   #571
Tech Apprentice
 
dragginbody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Camp Hill, PA
Posts: 71
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to dragginbody
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Another big practice turnout last night for the offroad. Guys are working hard to get faster.
Been there a little over a month total and still getting whipped. Sad part is Chris has been gracious enough to let me in SPEC. I wanted to be there dialing in my SC10, but work had other ideas. So now Im in the Steel City, getting ready to fight the Thanksgiving traffic to come home.
dragginbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:03 AM   #572
Registered User
 
UltegraSTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,171
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Any1 else wanna do LIR on the 5th?

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:05 AM   #573
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,122
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginbody View Post
Been there a little over a month total and still getting whipped. Sad part is Chris has been gracious enough to let me in SPEC. I wanted to be there dialing in my SC10, but work had other ideas. So now Im in the Steel City, getting ready to fight the Thanksgiving traffic to come home.
Be careful with that holiday traffic. Once you get back and can make a practice day or on a race day hit me up and I will see if I can help you out at all or maybe a few suggestions might help you out. I'm normally in the tech area pitting or in the shop helping out.

Brian
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:23 AM   #574
Tech Addict
 
Jason Haas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mechanicsburg
Posts: 671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
Any1 else wanna do LIR on the 5th?

R
Im getting some hotel info.
__________________
Bumps & Jumps/ LCRC/ and Big thanks to Joe
Jason Haas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:30 AM   #575
Tech Adept
 
KG74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Etters, PA
Posts: 225
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
Any1 else wanna do LIR on the 5th?

R
Yeah, i do
KG74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:59 AM   #576
Tech Champion
 
tony montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Leonardtown Md.
Posts: 6,133
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

ok I picked up a ft sc10. Gonna run the 17.5 class. How is the out of the box setup for the ft sc10 at bumps in this class. Im know for sure im gonna run aka wishbone tires. I also bought the havok pro with the newer novak ballistic or what ever its called orange label 17.5. Any idea on the gearing? I seen the kit came with two different spur gears. Which one should I use and pinion? Thanks for all the help. Im totally new to the electric side
__________________
K.C. Guy. Team Xray - rc america
tony montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:53 AM   #577
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,122
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony montana View Post
ok I picked up a ft sc10. Gonna run the 17.5 class. How is the out of the box setup for the ft sc10 at bumps in this class. Im know for sure im gonna run aka wishbone tires. I also bought the havok pro with the newer novak ballistic or what ever its called orange label 17.5. Any idea on the gearing? I seen the kit came with two different spur gears. Which one should I use and pinion? Thanks for all the help. Im totally new to the electric side
It should be ok for setup since your putting on different tires. Gearing with a Havoc and a 17.5 will be something like 78 or 81 spur gear and a 25 tooth pinion to start with. Run and check temperature frequently til you get 6 minutes in. If its under 130 degrees like in the 120's or less I would add another tooth or two to the gearing. Once you get around 130 for 6 minutes you will be good for the 10 minute A mains on temperature.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:52 PM   #578
Tech Addict
 
Beeen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Carlisle PA
Posts: 621
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

What are the track conditions like this year? The last time I was there everyone was still running slicks in the mod buggy class. There is still a mod buggy class isn't there?
__________________
Ben Coleman

G's R/C: offroad in southcentral PA
BS Racing -- I'm full of it!
Beeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:38 AM   #579
Tech Master
 
function>form's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: hanover pa
Posts: 1,003
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeen View Post
What are the track conditions like this year? The last time I was there everyone was still running slicks in the mod buggy class. There is still a mod buggy class isn't there?
Yea there is usually 15 or so mod buggys, can't run slicks anymore most people run bk bars or barcodes
__________________
Josh Medina
Bumps and Jumps rc
function>form is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:23 AM   #580
Tech Fanatic
 
rregl0612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: harrisburg, Pa
Posts: 992
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Slicks should make a come back!
__________________
Thanks to my sponsors, My Wallet, endorsed by Some crazy pharmaceutical corporation!!!
Member of "The White Wheel Mafia!"
Bumps and Jumps, Pitstop Hobbies, LCRC!
rregl0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 10:13 AM   #581
Tech Apprentice
 
dragginbody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Camp Hill, PA
Posts: 71
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to dragginbody
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Be careful with that holiday traffic. Once you get back and can make a practice day or on a race day hit me up and I will see if I can help you out at all or maybe a few suggestions might help you out. I'm normally in the tech area pitting or in the shop helping out.

Brian
Thanks man. I appreciate it. I did make it home safe afterall.

I've talked to you a few times. I'm the big guy with the blue and orange sc10.
dragginbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:45 PM   #582
Tech Regular
 
NUZUM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 442
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Anybody running mod Sc up there? there is a few of us wanting to come up but we have no 17.5...also any 4wd SC?
__________________
EA MOTORSPORTS /TRINITY/ EPIC/ REVTECH/B-FAST R/C PERFORMANCE/RADIOPOST
NUZUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #583
Tech Fanatic
 
pswag115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Parkesburg, Pa
Posts: 841
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Couple of mod sc and 4-5 4x4 sc trucks each week.
__________________
I hid some guys keys at Motorama.
Durango DESC410R, FF03 Pro 17.5, Mugen MBX6 E
Brushless Revo, SC10 FT 17.5
Jammin SCR10, XXX-T, XXX-SCT Stock Spec
pitstophobbies.net
pswag115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:29 PM   #584
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,122
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginbody View Post
Thanks man. I appreciate it. I did make it home safe afterall.

I've talked to you a few times. I'm the big guy with the blue and orange sc10.
Ok cool. Hope to see you SUnday.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #585
Tech Regular
 
NUZUM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 442
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

ok sounds good thanks
__________________
EA MOTORSPORTS /TRINITY/ EPIC/ REVTECH/B-FAST R/C PERFORMANCE/RADIOPOST
NUZUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:26 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net