Wiki Posts
Search

Bumps and Jumps 2010 - 2011 season

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris mckinney
With the Christmas Classic coming up, I need a little info.
How many 1/8 scale nitro's will show up - a little informal roll call.

With today being the first time any nitro's have show up, I really thought it made little financial sense to run 4 and pump the heat out of the building.
I certainly don't want to do the same thing again for the classic, so if you guys can give me a little idea so I know weather to eliminate the class or keep it added to the lineup.
Thanks
Chris
Hey Chris the Christmas Classic is going to be the first time I run at Bumps and Jumps if you can give me a class line-up and what kind of race it is(ex: Points race, Charity race) I really look forward to running up there everyone that I talked to says its a race you can't miss.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:08 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Wow what a great day of racing. My Slash went from a pile to the best its been in the main. I did the best O could and finished 3rd. Brian and Mike just had a little more than me but I hung in and drove well so I'm very happy with my finish with a high rider chassis Slash.

What a turn out for the 17.5 Pro SCT class and the mod buggy class. Both classes make you work you a$$ off if you want to do well. If your not working on your stuff someone else is and ready to move up at your expense.

The turnout today was outstanding. 75 I think was the total. Great to see everyone coming out to race at Bumps.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Wow what a great day of racing. My Slash went from a pile to the best its been in the main. I did the best O could and finished 3rd. Brian and Mike just had a little more than me but I hung in and drove well so I'm very happy with my finish with a high rider chassis Slash.

What a turn out for the 17.5 Pro SCT class and the mod buggy class. Both classes make you work you a$$ off if you want to do well. If your not working on your stuff someone else is and ready to move up at your expense.

The turnout today was outstanding. 75 I think was the total. Great to see everyone coming out to race at Bumps.
Good job with that high rider slash against all those race trucks Brian !! Got my new chassis for my slash cutting and grinding on it now will try to have it ready for next weekend.. Real quick do i need to take out the mod motor and install a 17.5 for pro mod ? Not real sure what motor you guys are running ohh and how are those proline shocks with the dual spring thingy working ? I am still running the stock plastic shocks and not sure if i want to drop a 100 on shocks that might not be worth it .. What do you think about there performance ? Ohh and are you still running the suburbs on the slash and what inserts ?
Nice to see a good turnout for 1/8E buggy.. Jason will see you soon gonna try for tuesday night depending on work.. Ohh was that a LOSI buggy that won the buggy Amain ? I thought it was all about the B4.1 up at the B&J's..
Old 11-21-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RcRacerBeast
Hey Chris the Christmas Classic is going to be the first time I run at Bumps and Jumps if you can give me a class line-up and what kind of race it is(ex: Points race, Charity race) I really look forward to running up there everyone that I talked to says its a race you can't miss.
It is a plaque race.
As of now the classes are
Slash Spec
Pro 17.5 Short Course
Mod Buggy
1/10 Scale 4wd Buggy
Mod Truck
1/8 Scale Buggy Electric
with 1/8 scale nitro buggy on the fence - depending on feedback
It's a fun race for sure as I think back about the great racing we have had at this event and it's really been awesome
Old 11-21-2010, 08:18 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Kash$
Good job with that high rider slash against all those race trucks Brian !! Got my new chassis for my slash cutting and grinding on it now will try to have it ready for next weekend.. Real quick do i need to take out the mod motor and install a 17.5 for pro mod ? Not real sure what motor you guys are running ohh and how are those proline shocks with the dual spring thingy working ? I am still running the stock plastic shocks and not sure if i want to drop a 100 on shocks that might not be worth it .. What do you think about there performance ? Ohh and are you still running the suburbs on the slash and what inserts ?
Nice to see a good turnout for 1/8E buggy.. Jason will see you soon gonna try for tuesday night depending on work.. Ohh was that a LOSI buggy that won the buggy Amain ? I thought it was all about the B4.1 up at the B&J's..
Everyone runs a 17.5. My Slash was great in the main. I actually didn't run the Roline shocks in the main as I ran my Integy hard anodized shocks and they worked great. I tink with my lcg setup I will be able to run either and do pretty good. I have ran Suburbs and Wishbones. Depends on the track for me. Both brands come with nice inserts. Some guys run the HPI I Beams but so far I didn't car for the ones I have but with my new lcg I will try all my stuff out again to see what works.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Just wanted to say thanks to the the Bumps and Jumps racers for making it up to the race and making it a great race!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:37 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by RCHR
Just wanted to say thanks to the the Bumps and Jumps racers for making it up to the race and making it a great race!
I know I talked to the group that went up and they had a great time. I hope to make it up with them next time they race up their.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Yo broke joke, how about you lay of the the keyboard racing and do some actual track racing. Build your lcg slash and get 2 racing. wyd doesnt have the lcg yet and he is competitive but then again, it is his home track so he should be. The racing was very close yesterday and it was a blast to drive was a great group of racers that kept the racing clean.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:20 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Bryan@SMC
Yo broke joke, how about you lay of the the keyboard racing and do some actual track racing. Build your lcg slash and get 2 racing. wyd doesnt have the lcg yet and he is competitive but then again, it is his home track so he should be. The racing was very close yesterday and it was a blast to drive was a great group of racers that kept the racing clean.
Thanks. I actually think my Slash would be better at any track but ares. The super stupid bite we normally have hampers my Slash but anything other than running slicks my Slash is better and no tipping over problems.

I still have to drive on fire to try to keep it close with you and Mike. Working on that problem as I type. See I keyboard race and actually race my sct as well.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kash$
Jason will see you soon gonna try for tuesday night depending on work.. Ohh was that a LOSI buggy that won the buggy Amain ? I thought it was all about the B4.1 up at the B&J's..
Losi finished 2nd too.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

man I really up in the air about what to order. Its between a b4.1 and brushless, or a Short course with the 17.5. Help me out fellas. I dont have experience with either. Im just a 1/8 nitro racer just trying to pass the winter by
Old 11-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Get both.

Whatever you choose will be fine as both have a good sized turnout.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris mckinney
It is a plaque race.
As of now the classes are
Slash Spec
Pro 17.5 Short Course
Mod Buggy
1/10 Scale 4wd Buggy
Mod Truck
1/8 Scale Buggy Electric
with 1/8 scale nitro buggy on the fence - depending on feedback
It's a fun race for sure as I think back about the great racing we have had at this event and it's really been awesome
Ok Thank you. You will definitely see me there
Old 11-22-2010, 07:04 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

perhaps setup two special 1/8 races in the new year leading up to motorama, otherwise electric only.

R
Old 11-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Cool place Chris and crew. I havent been to Bump and Jumps in about 5 years. Me and the guys who made the road trip had a great time. We are hooked and will be back as much as possible.

I really liked how fast you guys ran through the program and still gave us 3 heats with 75 racers! Track was fun and technical. I never got the hang of it but I hope to. Of course my bad driving is most of my problem, but I am now ordering the right tires and looking at set ups.

Hats off to the cooks. The food was great and priced right.

Even with a tight track the 1/8 scales got around just fine. There was plenty of room with all 9 on the track at once.

Thanks for the fun day guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.