Wiki Posts
Search

Bumps and Jumps 2010 - 2011 season

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Oh don't worry you will get a taste of us when you finally run 17.5 Pro SCT.
Lol, yeah prolly right.. Gonna have to work a program out havent run 17.5 all season, gonna need to hit up the rode course fellas for some maximum current numbers for todays 17.5's.. I'll be there soon enough for you guys to beat up on me..
Old 11-11-2010, 08:39 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kash$
Lol, yeah prolly right.. Gonna have to work a program out havent run 17.5 all season, gonna need to hit up the rode course fellas for some maximum current numbers for todays 17.5's.. I'll be there soon enough for you guys to beat up on me..
If you have a Castle MMP and you run your Slash I will dial you right in with the right gearing. Just have Bill setup your motor like he did for me and I will have you geared right.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Hey guys,
I'm looking forward to another indoor season at Bumps this winter. I'm thinking of trying 1/10 scale buggy. My question is what would be a good class to get into? I know that 4wd would be easier but I would also like to improve my driving. I already have a mmp and lipo's, I just need a motor and a buggy. I'd prefer to get a used roller plus spares if possible, just in case I might not like it which I doubt I will So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW is there normal racing this sunday and what is the turnout for ebuggy?

Thanks!
Tom
Old 11-11-2010, 08:47 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by tom2tone
Hey guys,
I'm looking forward to another indoor season at Bumps this winter. I'm thinking of trying 1/10 scale buggy. My question is what would be a good class to get into? I know that 4wd would be easier but I would also like to improve my driving. I already have a mmp and lipo's, I just need a motor and a buggy. I'd prefer to get a used roller plus spares if possible, just in case I might not like it which I doubt I will So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW is there normal racing this sunday and what is the turnout for ebuggy?

Thanks!
Tom
If you run 2wd mod buggy the turnout is normally 15 plus and growing. The next biggest class is 17.5 SCT. These are and will be the two largest classes all year. Electric buggy as in 1/8th scale is dead at the moment and would suggest that only as a 2nd class since we are not getting a turnout in that class.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Just have Bill setup your motor like he did for me and I will have you geared right.
I thought your motor felt a little stiff when i tried to roll your truck on the bench. Aren't bigger diameter rotors illegal?
Old 11-12-2010, 05:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Thanks!
Tom

Tom, I would stick with 2wd, most guys are running the B4 or new B4.1. If you have a 13.5 or 10.5 motor that would be perfect. You may need to take the fan of the MMP but they unplug so your goood to go. As far as I know it a normal race this sunday but I think it will be a good turnout.

Jeff
Old 11-12-2010, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If i bring a mod truck & not enough show up for a class ... will i be able to race in another class? I don't care which one.
I know i know, i'm in a class of my own.

JohnG
Old 11-12-2010, 05:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jg727211
If i bring a mod truck & not enough show up for a class ... will i be able to race in another class? I don't care which one.
I know i know, i'm in a class of my own.

JohnG
yes there has been 2 mod trucks running with the sct mod class so bring it out.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:28 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Mike C
I thought your motor felt a little stiff when i tried to roll your truck on the bench. Aren't bigger diameter rotors illegal?
I'm not 100% on that. Not even sure what the actually come with. I know Bill at Full Throttle zapped the magnets heavily and the magnetic field when up a ton from when he got the OEM cans from Trinity. The LRP X-12 motor I ran in my touring car was alot harder to turn over than my Trinity DUO2 is.
I can't even tell you how much timing is setup in the motor because I don't know if the motor has numbers on it like the Tekins have on the can. I know whats in my speedo but the actual motor. You can look at if you like. I just run whats sent to me when I order a new motor.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kash$
You outta get on the track and get some wheel time. I'm running brushed and RTR electronics and can guarantee that a tuned 17.5 won't make or break you. Actually, it's one more thing I can blame! Haha..

Also if you're going for the points series .. a points race has already been run but you do get one throwout (someone correct me if wrong?). If you miss another pts race you'll start putting yourself behind.

I plan to get schooled again this Sunday. Goal is to only get lapped once in the A this time.. Baby steps..

Last edited by goehm; 11-12-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
I'm not 100% on that. Not even sure what the actually come with. I know Bill at Full Throttle zapped the magnets heavily and the magnetic field when up a ton from when he got the OEM cans from Trinity. The LRP X-12 motor I ran in my touring car was alot harder to turn over than my Trinity DUO2 is.
I can't even tell you how much timing is setup in the motor because I don't know if the motor has numbers on it like the Tekins have on the can. I know whats in my speedo but the actual motor. You can look at if you like. I just run whats sent to me when I order a new motor.
The lines on the can are in 4 deg increments. I was looking at roar rules and there isn't anything really stating rotor diameter...hmmm. I guess you would probably lose some rpm and gain some torque and efficiency with a larger rotor. I don't need any more bottom end so i guess i will stick with what i got.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
If you run 2wd mod buggy the turnout is normally 15 plus and growing. The next biggest class is 17.5 SCT. These are and will be the two largest classes all year. Electric buggy as in 1/8th scale is dead at the moment and would suggest that only as a 2nd class since we are not getting a turnout in that class.
Wyd, what is considered mod for that class? As far as equipment? I was going to run my ebuggy this sunday and bring my slash. Is there really no one else show up with those? I'm surprised there isn't a decent showing. Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by jac9
Tom, I would stick with 2wd, most guys are running the B4 or new B4.1. If you have a 13.5 or 10.5 motor that would be perfect. You may need to take the fan of the MMP but they unplug so your goood to go. As far as I know it a normal race this sunday but I think it will be a good turnout.

Jeff

Jeff,
Thanks! I knew that bumps had a good selection of losi and AE. So should I look into a AE then. I want to have a good selection of parts and help available. I don't have a motor, so look into either a 13 or 10.5? Is there a popular motor of choice?
Old 11-12-2010, 03:57 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Mike C
The lines on the can are in 4 deg increments. I was looking at roar rules and there isn't anything really stating rotor diameter...hmmm. I guess you would probably lose some rpm and gain some torque and efficiency with a larger rotor. I don't need any more bottom end so i guess i will stick with what i got.
If you want you can try mine out to see what you think of it.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:59 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Wyd, what is considered mod for that class? As far as equipment? I was going to run my ebuggy this sunday and bring my slash. Is there really no one else show up with those? I'm surprised there isn't a decent showing. Thanks for the help.

Jeff,
Thanks! I knew that bumps had a good selection of losi and AE. So should I look into a AE then. I want to have a good selection of parts and help available. I don't have a motor, so look into either a 13 or 10.5? Is there a popular motor of choice?
Mod 2wd buggy is 2s lipo, any motor and speedo. E 1/8th is I think 4s lipo and any motor, esc and tire.

Last edited by wyd; 11-12-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey, thinking of coming and racing some offroad with you guys tomorrow. I have the RTR SC10 Brushless. Is this legal for the spec class? Didn't seem like the rules page was clear on that (or I can't read).

Thanks.

EDIT: Read through this thread. Looks like I'm in 17.5 class (and I need some tires...)

Last edited by Flagler; 11-13-2010 at 08:44 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.