R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 10-26-2010, 08:44 AM   #376
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Well then in the words of ultegrasti!, Wheres my damn foams, indoor Is here someone slap and wake up proline and jc!
rregl0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #377
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by rregl0612 View Post
Well then in the words of ultegrasti!, Wheres my damn foams, indoor Is here someone slap and wake up proline and jc!
Well for now you can buy the Proline closed cell foam and cut them down to fit 1/10th buggy tires. They are closed cell foam and will last more than likely all season. They make 3 or 4 different ones. I know they have SCT, 1/8th and at least one more but not sure what it said on the package.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #378
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash$ View Post
Saturday is the LCRC race and last outdoor 1/8 race for me.. Sunday i will bring my 1/8 up to try your track out.. I will hopefully be getting buggys soon enough but till then slash and 1/8 will do.. Bob Moore what are the SCT Mod tires of choice for front and rear and inserts ???
I was running Proline suburbs M3 compound. Hope that helps.
Bob Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:13 PM   #379
Tech Rookie

So is the spec class dead? Looks like a lot more people are in the Pro class.

I was excited last year when I heard about the spec class, but it seems to me the spec class is pretty much dead. I was going to buy a Blitz to run in the spec class, but now everybody is in the Pro class. What's the point if I have to buy a whole bunch of extra stuff (like a BL unit, or new tires every week, a FT kit, or a super fancy steering servo) for that class? I'd rather just race my B4.
Krebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:30 PM   #380

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

uh, isnt the pro corr class at bumps the same as spec but for more advanced drivers? it was last yr. wouldnt know, run 2wheel buggy!!!

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #381
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No I think its 17.5's and real tires now
Old 10-26-2010, 07:16 PM   #382
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHoff7 View Post
No I think its 17.5's and real tires now
I believe it was decided in a meeting in the beginning of the year.. this taken straight from the source (pasted off the site)

its spec +

Pro Short Course Rules: Same as above with the following allowed upgrades

Body
Any Body, but tires must be covered -ie no beetles

Chassis
Team kits allowed, and conversions allowed.

Suspension
Mixing of parts allowed between manufacturers

Legal Tuning Parts
Mixing of parts allowed between manufacturers, ball diffs are allowed

Steering
Mixing of parts allowed between manufacturers, any servo

Motor
Any RTR brushed or 17.5 or slower brushless motor may be used. You may run any RTR brushless system or the Dynamite Fuse short course system

Tires
Must be 3.0” inside bead diameter x 2.2″ outside bead diameter. All tires must be Short Course Truck tires - no 1/8 scale tires.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #383
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebs View Post
So is the spec class dead? Looks like a lot more people are in the Pro class.

I was excited last year when I heard about the spec class, but it seems to me the spec class is pretty much dead. I was going to buy a Blitz to run in the spec class, but now everybody is in the Pro class. What's the point if I have to buy a whole bunch of extra stuff (like a BL unit, or new tires every week, a FT kit, or a super fancy steering servo) for that class? I'd rather just race my B4.
Im running a stock blitz, with the traxxas slash motor, and AKS GRIDIRONS soft compound in the rear, w/ stock blitz tires in the front in the 17.5 class or procorr class and its as fast as anything out there on pitstop and at bumps. I won 17.5 w/ that set up friday at pitstop(altho bob moore and mike carrea wernt there). And a 2nd w/ the same set up sunday at bumps..Sooo blitz truck 200, traxxas motor 25, and tires 30...so for 255$ your competitive for the win in the 17.5/procorr class... hope this helps, everyones starting to think you need big $$$ for pro corr class
KG74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #384

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

wow, so thats what has the whole SCT thing in a precarious position right now.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:14 PM   #385
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG74 View Post
Im running a stock blitz, with the traxxas slash motor, and AKS GRIDIRONS soft compound in the rear, w/ stock blitz tires in the front in the 17.5 class or procorr class and its as fast as anything out there on pitstop and at bumps. I won 17.5 w/ that set up friday at pitstop(altho bob moore and mike carrea wernt there). And a 2nd w/ the same set up sunday at bumps..Sooo blitz truck 200, traxxas motor 25, and tires 30...so for 255$ your competitive for the win in the 17.5/procorr class... hope this helps, everyones starting to think you need big $$$ for pro corr class
I know Frymeyers truck ran the HPI Blitz motor and Traxxas speedo in the 17.5 class and was plenty fast enough to keep up.

Problem is guys see the fast guys at the top and think its because of all this money they spent to trick out a truck. Well those same guys running spec trucks last year are still the fast guys in the 17.5 class so nothing is really changing except we now run good tires and have more reliable motors and speedos. Thats really all that has changed.

I'm sure Bob Moore, Mike C, Brian Frymeyer, Myself, Pat D'Antpnio and a few I missed would be up front whether they run 17.5 tricked out trucks or Spec trucks in ran in the 17.5 class. Results won't change.

No different in mod buggy if everyone all of a sudden had to run 13.5 motors. The same guys will be up front every week so I'm not sure why SCT has to be any different but somehow it is. The Spec class is still here just like last year. Most decided they like running the 17.5 PRo class instead and like running some more updated equipment so I don't see why its such a huge deal. Most tracks in the country don't run a spec class anymore to begin with.

When guys get beat over and over (by good drivers 99% of the time and not equipment they use) then they start to look at rules as to why they can't compete. Its the same in all forms of racing. Its ashame its like this but it is.

When I raced years ago it was stock or mod and anything goes. You either learned to drive better or bitched about the rules because you where getting smoked, or you quit racing. Fast forward 20 plus years and now we have 18 classes but the same complaining. Some things never change.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:00 PM   #386
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Had a great time practicing tonight, will be there for 1/8 for sure on sunday.
Mugen Seiki / J Concepts / Airtronics/Sanwa USA / LC Racing , Baton Inc. / VIPER / REDS Racing USA / VP Racing Fuels / Tekno RC / Boca Bearings / G's Raceway & Hobbies / Waldorf RC / Upgrade RC / Kal Gaurd Lubricants /
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:36 PM   #387
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=wyd;8127290]I know Frymeyers truck ran the HPI Blitz motor and Traxxas speedo in the 17.5 class and was plenty fast enough to keep up.

Problem is guys see the fast guys at the top and think its because of all this money they spent to trick out a truck. Well those same guys running spec trucks last year are still the fast guys in the 17.5 class so nothing is really changing except we now run good tires and have more reliable motors and speedos. Thats really all that has changed.

QUOTE]

+1

Bryan had TQ with a brushed motor. You getting that slash ready?
DialedIn-67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:38 PM   #388
Tech Fanatic

< takes his beatings like a man and smiles!
Old 10-27-2010, 06:35 AM   #389
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
When guys get beat over and over (by good drivers 99% of the time and not equipment they use) then they start to look at rules as to why they can't compete. Its the same in all forms of racing. Its ashame its like this but it is.
I'm used to losing. When I raced at PS, I was just happy if I could run faster than the previous week. That was my main goal. How I finished was almost irrelevant.

The thing about the SPEC class is that it took care of the aspect I hate the most, tires. I hated buying new tires every week and hated guessing if I made the "right choice" of tire for the day. Not only that, if you want to practice, that's another set of tires to burn through. I liked the idea of everyone running the same crappy tires, and having that one set last the entire season.

Whatever, I know it's not Chris's fault, nor is it Jim's fault. Freakin ROAR... shoulda designated a spec tire for 17.5.
Krebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:13 AM   #390
wyd
Tech Legend

[QUOTE=DialedIn-67;8127590]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
I know Frymeyers truck ran the HPI Blitz motor and Traxxas speedo in the 17.5 class and was plenty fast enough to keep up.

QUOTE]

+1

Bryan had TQ with a brushed motor. You getting that slash ready?
Yes I dyed the chassis last night and started to put the Proline suspension kit on. Tonight I will work on trying the get it all at least a rolling chassis tonight. The last few days will be installing electronics and deciding on if I want a new lid with the one color wonder paint job or just use my fancy painted old stock Traxxas lid but it will look alot cooler. I think I would like to try the J Concepts SVT Raptor body and then when the Proline version comes out in a few more weeks have that one painted up alot nicer and use that. That part is really up in the air.