Old 10-19-2010, 10:02 AM   #317
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtLuck View Post
conversions are allowed...
They must of changed it. Thats cool as it might change what I build to race with now.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:46 AM   #318
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I just wanted to put this in here to show any new guys what a great guy Chris is and always has been! I went to bumps sunday, after fighting for 2 weeks with usps over a esc lost in the mail.. Chris found out after I was asking him for a brushed motor so I could race, (after being out for close to 2yrs most of what I had was sold) He offered me to use an old novak gtb? he had sitting around.. then when he heard I was waiting on a speed passions He pulled out an old 1.1 and sold it to me for a price I couldnt pass up.. especially given I would have done just about whatever to run....

After many years.. He has never changed and is one of the single most reasons I always end up back to this hobby..

I just wanted to say thanks Chriis, as usual on racedays your pretty busy and I dont think I had the chance sunday!!

I'm in for some mod truck tomorrow if anyone was thinkin about comin out!
rregl0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:32 PM   #319
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

I dont have any cool sct trucks yet or buggies so is anyone running 1/8 electric so i can come at least check this venue out, working on getting buggy and new super sct truck ..
Mugen Seiki / J Concepts / Airtronics/Sanwa USA / LC Racing , Baton Inc. / VIPER / REDS Racing USA / VP Racing Fuels / Tekno RC / Boca Bearings / G's Raceway & Hobbies / Waldorf RC / Upgrade RC / Kal Gaurd Lubricants /
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:28 PM   #320
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash$ View Post
I dont have any cool sct trucks yet or buggies so is anyone running 1/8 electric so i can come at least check this venue out, working on getting buggy and new super sct truck ..
There were 2 there last sunday, and I expect to see more as the weather gets more extreme!
rregl0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:49 PM   #321
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash$ View Post
whats wrong with the sct u ran at g's? Minus the body...lol...ya know, paint jobs done cheap right here....lmao

and besides, Mandy runs stock sct...least bring mama up so she can run.
cloud9graffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #322
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the good times tonight. Didn't really get anyones names tonight. Probably my fault as I didn't make it a point to introduce myself, but thanks to Kyle for figuring out who I was and introducing himself.

I hope we weren't too much of a nuisance. My 10 year old seems to only know 2 speeds. Full on or full off. Its amazing his truck isn't broke yet. I credit the sc10 body and fat bumpers for saving him. He jumped 5 ft straight into the wall on that narly jump in the far back corner and cart wheeled so many times I was sure he broke something. But aside from his front bumper, he is in good shape.

My 15 year old stripped his servo within the first 15 minutes and I sheared my whole right front off right at the end. Oh well, thats how it goes. If anyone finds a steering link, its probably mine. LOL.

Anyhow, we decided no racing for us for awhile. We totally suck and will just come to practice nights for awhile. Gotta get our stuff rebuilt for next week though.

Kyle mentioned a different front tire. I think he said taper pins? Is that correct? In a pink compound? Is that a Losi tire? Should have bought them tonight when we were there. My son and I both had extreme pushing on the B4's.

Thanks-Paul
Nor10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:01 PM   #323
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor10 View Post
Thanks for the good times tonight. Didn't really get anyones names tonight. Probably my fault as I didn't make it a point to introduce myself, but thanks to Kyle for figuring out who I was and introducing himself.

I hope we weren't too much of a nuisance. My 10 year old seems to only know 2 speeds. Full on or full off. Its amazing his truck isn't broke yet. I credit the sc10 body and fat bumpers for saving him. He jumped 5 ft straight into the wall on that narly jump in the far back corner and cart wheeled so many times I was sure he broke something. But aside from his front bumper, he is in good shape.

My 15 year old stripped his servo within the first 15 minutes and I sheared my whole right front off right at the end. Oh well, thats how it goes. If anyone finds a steering link, its probably mine. LOL.

Anyhow, we decided no racing for us for awhile. We totally suck and will just come to practice nights for awhile. Gotta get our stuff rebuilt for next week though.

Kyle mentioned a different front tire. I think he said taper pins? Is that correct? In a pink compound? Is that a Losi tire? Should have bought them tonight when we were there. My son and I both had extreme pushing on the B4's.

Thanks-Paul
Does it really matter if u "suck". I "suck" and had a absolute blast running sunday in stock sct for the first time. You can never get better if you don't run with the "big dogs" cause you will always pussy foot around the track.

Coming from truggy in the summer I learned a lot real quick on sunday about throttle control...I have none...lmao. But seriously, it's not always balls to the wall at bumps, it's all bout taking it easy and getting round without wrecking. Be surprised what a little patientice (sp) can get ya here.

Bring them out, and ask around, there a lot of great guys( J. Hass, J. Medina, and Bryan Frankenstein...lmao) to name a few willing to help you figure out what you can't.

Besides where else can u go on sunday's to get a testoterone filled fun day then bumps and a great bumps burger...lol
cloud9graffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:16 PM   #324
Tech Rookie

No doubt. I had a problem tonight where it seemed everything in the rear all of the sudden was extremely tight. I didnt know what the heck happened.

One gentleman came over and said I probably pushed the motor into the spur gear on a hard landing. Well, wouldnt you know it. He was 100% right. I loosened the pinion to spur mesh and I was golden.

Sooooooo...You are right. Lots of knowledge at the track!
Nor10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:09 AM   #325

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

if you were goin so fast as to feel u had issues with understeer (or oversteer or really any handlin extreme), u were prolly goin way too fast then what you needed to start with. shouldnt bother with the jumps for the time being either. again its doesnt look the part, but u'll learn and being broke or off the track you cant learn. hit the practice nites (i thought last nite was practice and 2nite was wk-race, hmm), and u'll get better.

you dont need tapers right now, pink 06s will be just fine. (i think i read your last post right in that you have those too-if ur on stock front ribs, then yes chunk them). many of us ran rib fronts sunday to calm frontends down.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 07:45 AM   #326
Tech Regular

SO A LCG SLASH CHASSIS IS LEGAL IN THE PRO CORR CLASS. I KNOW IT IS LEGAL IN THE ROAR RULES.
LM22D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:25 AM   #327
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i was wondering what tires the pro corr guys found to work best on sunday??
KG74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:30 PM   #328
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor10 View Post
No doubt. I had a problem tonight where it seemed everything in the rear all of the sudden was extremely tight. I didnt know what the heck happened.

One gentleman came over and said I probably pushed the motor into the spur gear on a hard landing. Well, wouldnt you know it. He was 100% right. I loosened the pinion to spur mesh and I was golden.

Sooooooo...You are right. Lots of knowledge at the track!
I might had a lucky guess but that happens to all of us sometime or another. Glad it was an easy fix. Looked like you guys where having fun so if you just practice and not race but have great. If you decide to race and still have fun that is great as well. Fun is the main thing.

Brian
Old 10-20-2010, 12:32 PM   #329
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG74 View Post
i was wondering what tires the pro corr guys found to work best on sunday??
Anything low profile seemed to work. The Suburbs worked, and I saw some Holeshots that worked as did a few other ones. I know someone ran the new HPI SCT tires but don't know the name of their tread design. Maybe BrianFrymeyer will see this and post on it more. I swore he had the HPI tires on his truck when I looked at it.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:09 PM   #330
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

They are Hot Bodies I-Beams.
Bob Moore is offline   Reply With Quote