Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bumps and Jumps 2010 - 2011 season

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ShtLuck there were plenty of guys who raced there last winter who should know something but I understand that lots of new treads have come out since then. Ive got some ideas but I dont really wanna throw a bunch of money away trying stuff. In the last couple years Ive really gotten away from the tire game. I ran soft City Blocks everywhere for over a year before I branched out a little and tried Grid Irons

I really like AKA stuff so I was thinking Wishbones or Grid Irons in super soft. The biggest question is do I run the same tread and compound front and rear. I looked at some sc10 setups on the AE site and they were running different treads and compounds but they get their tires free and have time to do all kinds of testing neither of which do I. The thought of buying stuff that wont work just bugs me. I guess I am going to have to buy something and make it work.

Mike what car do you have and how are you tuning your gear diff? I really dont like the feeling of the car sliding around in the back. I guess its from all the years I spent racing onroad but I have never gotten a feel for that drifting style of driving.

Sorry for all the questions guys but I am a short course newb and we have been slow at work lately so Ive had lots of time to think up all kinds of questions. I finally got some money to buy what I need but I am trying to be patient and get the right stuff the first time. Once the season gets rolling instead of asking so many questions it'll be time for some trash talking
Old 10-01-2010, 10:41 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
Ok cool. Chris I think your doing a good job keeping up so far

Faster with a gear diff? Then why do the FT kits come with them. I thought it would be an advantage. I gotta admit I dont really understand what you meant about the cvds binding taking out the trans housing though. Im a newb when it comes to this electric stuff.

Still havent figured out what tires to get. I guess nobody wants to give up their speed secrets.
For tires I would say anything similiar to a BK Bar or Suburbs, or Bar Codes type tread pattern. The same things that work for the 2wd mod buggies and 2wd mod trucks will work on the SCT trucks if the companies make them in SCT type setup.

The track should have more traction than last year if the new setup Chris is working on works out. So far in the small test areas it is working nicely and the track has alot more moisture than normal.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
Mike what car do you have and how are you tuning your gear diff? I really dont like the feeling of the car sliding around in the back. I guess its from all the years I spent racing onroad but I have never gotten a feel for that drifting style of driving.

Sorry for all the questions guys but I am a short course newb and we have been slow at work lately so Ive had lots of time to think up all kinds of questions. I finally got some money to buy what I need but I am trying to be patient and get the right stuff the first time. Once the season gets rolling instead of asking so many questions it'll be time for some trash talking
Right now i'm running kyosho. With my SC10 i was at 7K for a med. traction track. Fill it with as much as you can get in it. It doesn't feel very consistant when it's filled half way. You might be able to go heavier and not worry about having the back end loose with the amount of traction at chris's. Don't go too heavy or it won't turn in...you know the drill.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Ok cool. Getting some good info now. Thanks guys.

How will the misting system work? Is the plan to mist the track during racing or just between race days to keep moisture in the track.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The misting system didn't quite work like I thought it would.
I will probably just use it to run the track in - the spread of each head is not wide enough - or if I use the wider spray patterns - they flow too much water.
I have some stuff coming called soil moist.
http://www.soilmoist.com
This stuff would be amazing on an outdoor track - it retains moisture like crazy.
I have an area that I put it in under the clay and it is still wet - 10 days later without adding any more water.
Mike - you might want to look into it. Really amazing.

Anyway I have some really cool stuff planned for this year.
The point series should be really cool - with only 8 dates (I think) and two throw outs you only have to race 6 times to have a shot at the money.
Speaking of which make sure you grab a business card as the back has a calendar with all the points dates highlighted.
I am working on a factory sponsored race late in the year that will be awesome.
Have some cool money races planned - even thinking about a lap race with caution laps some time this winter.
Not sure on the Christmas Classic
I might push it back untill after Christmas.
With the open wheel taking that slot in December it makes the classic really close to Christmas.
Just getting excited for the year - Jason's first jumps look awesome.
He has some imagination so it should be cool.

Does anyone know of a trailer for sale cheap? Looking for an old travel trailer that has been leveled or something that is not inspect-able - title not needed.
The longer the better.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Sounds good chris. Any pics of the tracks progress?
Old 10-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Butch Mann
Anyone running 1/10 Mod Truck (T4, XXXT)?

Is there normally enough to run this class?
+1 mod truck, shoulder injury has just taken me out of mx back to rc!
Old 10-02-2010, 06:10 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by rregl0612
+1 mod truck, shoulder injury has just taken me out of mx back to rc!
Getting older so healing takes longer. RC is alot safer for you.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

so right you are "my brother from another mother" but so stubborn I am that I was Ridin today, but don't tell my doctor.. lookin forward to the season for sure been away for a bit...

I'm definately readin all this spec corr stuff.. personally spec to me should be if your running all manufacturers than you should be able to mix any spec equip from any allowed vehicle.. this way no vehicle has one specific advantage.. But I realize the cons of how this affects expense so I am just sitting back quietly and will adhere to whatever rules may come. It's mildly important as I may get my gf a truck just so she isn't incrediously bored when we are there.. But I will let the opinions of the more concerned hash it out...

Have at it guys see yah in a few weeks.. I am assuming as for tire choices, (1/10 mod) that I should be looking for compounds that work well in wet clay.. as always?
Old 10-02-2010, 10:03 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by rregl0612
so right you are "my brother from another mother" but so stubborn I am that I was Ridin today, but don't tell my doctor.. lookin forward to the season for sure been away for a bit...

I'm definately readin all this spec corr stuff.. personally spec to me should be if your running all manufacturers than you should be able to mix any spec equip from any allowed vehicle.. this way no vehicle has one specific advantage.. But I realize the cons of how this affects expense so I am just sitting back quietly and will adhere to whatever rules may come. It's mildly important as I may get my gf a truck just so she isn't incrediously bored when we are there.. But I will let the opinions of the more concerned hash it out...

Have at it guys see yah in a few weeks.. I am assuming as for tire choices, (1/10 mod) that I should be looking for compounds that work well in wet clay.. as always?
IF you get your GF a Slash you never have to worry about the rules plus the parts are cheap, available, and the truck works great in spec and conforms easily to rules. WIth a little work would work in 17.5 as well. For 17.5 any of the SCT's will work but most run the Blitz or SC10 and then Kyosho or two and a few Slashes. Just depends what your looking for but I think in t end any of them can be made to work well and run consistant lap times.

Yeah the clay compound tires will always work and with the track hopefully being alot more tacky this year a few other compounds probably will work as well.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Thanks for the link Chris.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

I had some bad financial luck come my way this past weekend. Now I need to sell the SC10 brushless rtr I have. Its only been run 3 times in the parking lot. It has a little tire wear but otherwise its nearly perfect. Looking to get $225 shipped or can meet somewhere and save some money on shipping.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

sorry to here ptp, and I hope things look up soon. : (

anyone know the first practice day for offroad?

answered my own question it was listed on his calender.. opening day is the 17. first tues practice is the 19.. for any one else that was wondering..
See you all soon

Last edited by rregl0612; 10-04-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey Jason, got those loop-d-loops, 6ft wall ride,and massive 10 ft table top jump done yet...lol. Good racing last Sunday. Look forward to seeing what you come up with track wise.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cloud9graffix
Hey Jason, got those loop-d-loops, 6ft wall ride,and massive 10 ft table top jump done yet...lol. Good racing last Sunday. Look forward to seeing what you come up with track wise.
Hey Thanks. They jumps are coming along pretty good. The loop-d-loop would be fun!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.