R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2011, 06:21 PM   #1666
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 5,781
Trader Rating: 244 (99%+)
Default

How bout a roll call for Nitro this Sunday?

1) Fred Perkins
__________________
***Team driver for Team Associated, Reedy, A-Main Hobbies, ProTek RC, AKA and Integy***
Fred Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #1667
Tech Elite
 
tom2tone's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,837
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

hey guys, I have a stupid question... I am having some gearing problems with my slash. I put a MMP and a novak ballistic 17.5 in it. My spur is a 86T and I bumped my pinion up to a 24T last sunday. I was still sluggish down the straight and could only make certain jumps only on full throttle. What mph should I shoot for?

I see that traxxas has up to at least a 31T pinion, would that fit? Not that I want to cook my motor but I would at least like to know my limit.

Thanks in advance!!
__________________
TEKNO EB48.3 / ET48
AE T5M / B6
Tekin / AKA / Hitec / SMC / Futaba
Trains and Lanes Racing http://tandlracing.com/
Dunn Raceway Park http://drprc.com
tom2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:53 PM   #1668
Tech Regular
 
DialedIn-67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2tone View Post
hey guys, I have a stupid question... I am having some gearing problems with my slash. I put a MMP and a novak ballistic 17.5 in it. My spur is a 86T and I bumped my pinion up to a 24T last sunday. I was still sluggish down the straight and could only make certain jumps only on full throttle. What mph should I shoot for?

I see that traxxas has up to at least a 31T pinion, would that fit? Not that I want to cook my motor but I would at least like to know my limit.

Thanks in advance!!
You need to talk to Brian, tonight at practice we both were nailing the triple triple with sc trucks MMP and 17.5 motors until we both dialed out bottom end grunt to make it... He was running a Slash too.

That was fun running with all you guy's tonight, It was like racing with cuations flags.
DialedIn-67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:11 AM   #1669
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,122
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2tone View Post
hey guys, I have a stupid question... I am having some gearing problems with my slash. I put a MMP and a novak ballistic 17.5 in it. My spur is a 86T and I bumped my pinion up to a 24T last sunday. I was still sluggish down the straight and could only make certain jumps only on full throttle. What mph should I shoot for?

I see that traxxas has up to at least a 31T pinion, would that fit? Not that I want to cook my motor but I would at least like to know my limit.

Thanks in advance!!
Come see me Sunday in the Tech area and I will dial your MP and Novak in with your Slash. Just put a 22/83 for Sunday. I will get you taken care of for everything else. You won't be sluggish this weekend. Only take me about 2 minutes on my Castle link to fix you up.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:15 AM   #1670
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,122
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DialedIn-67 View Post
You need to talk to Brian, tonight at practice we both were nailing the triple triple with sc trucks MMP and 17.5 motors until we both dialed out bottom end grunt to make it... He was running a Slash too.

That was fun running with all you guy's tonight, It was like racing with cuations flags.
Pat what great fun practicing last night at Bumps. It was a blast with you, jr, Curtis, and Tim all running together. I can't remember when I had so much fun practicing. I couldn't stop laughing last night. That was a great night. And those damn Panthers actually worked way better than expected. A need to make a few little changes on the truck and should hopefully make it a little better. Will see Sunday if I get it right.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:07 AM   #1671
Tech Elite
 
tom2tone's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,837
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Come see me Sunday in the Tech area and I will dial your MP and Novak in with your Slash. Just put a 22/83 for Sunday. I will get you taken care of for everything else. You won't be sluggish this weekend. Only take me about 2 minutes on my Castle link to fix you up.
Ok thanks! I think you helped me last sunday as well. I do also have castle link if it makes it any easier.
__________________
TEKNO EB48.3 / ET48
AE T5M / B6
Tekin / AKA / Hitec / SMC / Futaba
Trains and Lanes Racing http://tandlracing.com/
Dunn Raceway Park http://drprc.com
tom2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:00 AM   #1672
Tech Fanatic
 
pswag115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Parkesburg, Pa
Posts: 841
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I'm in for tonight, Hope to see a decent turn out!
__________________
I hid some guys keys at Motorama.
Durango DESC410R, FF03 Pro 17.5, Mugen MBX6 E
Brushless Revo, SC10 FT 17.5
Jammin SCR10, XXX-T, XXX-SCT Stock Spec
pitstophobbies.net
pswag115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:47 AM   #1673
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,122
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2tone View Post
Ok thanks! I think you helped me last sunday as well. I do also have castle link if it makes it any easier.
I will have my laptop with all that stuff so no worries. Just need your truck few a minute or two to get it tuned in. Like I said gearing for you will be 22/83 for the setup I will put on your MMP. You should have a good combo of low end and high when I'm done. Just sit back and hold on.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:17 PM   #1674
Tech Elite
 
tom2tone's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,837
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
I will have my laptop with all that stuff so no worries. Just need your truck few a minute or two to get it tuned in. Like I said gearing for you will be 22/83 for the setup I will put on your MMP. You should have a good combo of low end and high when I'm done. Just sit back and hold on.
I just did that gearing on scriptasylum.com and 22/83 was just under 19 mph. With my 86/24 is says just under 20 mph. I guess I'm just confused
Would adjusting the boost help in this matter as well?

since the spur is 48 pitch..do I need the pinion to be 48 pitch as well? Sorry I've only ran the slash with the stock gearing and motor, so this is new territory for me.
__________________
TEKNO EB48.3 / ET48
AE T5M / B6
Tekin / AKA / Hitec / SMC / Futaba
Trains and Lanes Racing http://tandlracing.com/
Dunn Raceway Park http://drprc.com
tom2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #1675
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,122
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2tone View Post
I just did that gearing on scriptasylum.com and 22/83 was just under 19 mph. With my 86/24 is says just under 20 mph. I guess I'm just confused
Would adjusting the boost help in this matter as well?

since the spur is 48 pitch..do I need the pinion to be 48 pitch as well? Sorry I've only ran the slash with the stock gearing and motor, so this is new territory for me.
Don't go by that gearing. That is approx and it don't take into consideration boost and the rpm range I will use on your truck. Gearing is different from brand to brand and also from speedo to speedo depending on how much timing you add. I have run 4 different brands all in 17.5 at Bumps and all with the MMP only. I actually know the Tekin some to but what I setup 99% of the time is the MMP. Just put that gearing on and I will take care of the rest for you. I have 4 to 5 guys running slashes other than me that are all fast with my speedo setups and gearing. Everyone of them is faster than they ever been before.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:30 PM   #1676
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: pa
Posts: 2,430
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

i still have some mamba max pros forsale if anyone is looking...
i love em but they are too big for my buggies.
__________________
bumpsandjumpsrc.com
Scale Speed - High Performance Dirt Oval
ShtLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #1677
Tech Champion
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: jersey shore pa
Posts: 5,564
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

I also have some stuff for sale myself.I have two hpi blitz.will sell both for cheap.also have a jammin x2 buggy.will also sell that for cheap.
A losi xxx4 graphite plus.
A losi xxx cr truck
A losi xxx bk1 buggy

All these cars are the ones I'm running currently.and would like to not go home with them this Sunday.I have a decent amount of parts for all the cars.and will give somebody good deals on them.
P.m. me for any info on them.

Thx,
Matt
__________________
AE/VIPER/XPERT/DIRTCHEAPRC.COM/JCONCEPTS
A big thx to all the tracks that I race at:cause if it wasnt for these guys..we wouldnt have a place to race our r/c cars!!!
morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:09 PM   #1678
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 5,781
Trader Rating: 244 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Perkins View Post
How bout a roll call for Nitro this Sunday?

1) Fred Perkins
Any one?
__________________
***Team driver for Team Associated, Reedy, A-Main Hobbies, ProTek RC, AKA and Integy***
Fred Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:21 PM   #1679
Tech Adept
 
KG74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Etters, PA
Posts: 225
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

i think alot of the 8th scale guys are going to LCRC saturday ....
__________________
-Ken Garner-

Team Associated/Reedy/Fat Head Designs/KJ Designs
KG74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:23 PM   #1680
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 5,781
Trader Rating: 244 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG74 View Post
i think alot of the 8th scale guys are going to LCRC saturday ....
Yeah I kinda figured that. Unfortunately I have to work on sat.
__________________
***Team driver for Team Associated, Reedy, A-Main Hobbies, ProTek RC, AKA and Integy***
Fred Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:40 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net