R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   Two InDoor Tracks: Steel City - Pittsburgh PA (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/43528-two-indoor-tracks-steel-city-pittsburgh-pa.html)

Mike@StlCity 06-23-2004 07:55 PM

Two InDoor Tracks: Steel City - Pittsburgh PA

Steel City Hobbies is building two indoor R/C tracks in the Pittsburgh Metro area. (Conveniently located off of I-70 and I-79 in Washington PA, in the Washington Mall.)

On-Road - Carpet: Hosting Oval and Road-Course. 9,000SF++ surface area and an additional 3500SF pit area.

Off-Road - Sifted topsoil. 4,000+++ SF surface area and 4,000+++ pit area. Individual private pit rooms may be available - TBD.

Both tracks are electric only. Schedule not set. Shooting for end of July open date if not Aug. Dedicated R/C Store located on site.

www.steelcityhobbies.com - for more information. You can also submit your own track design, and view others.

Comments, suggestions are welcome.

Mike@StlCity 06-24-2004 06:04 AM

Slot Car racing

A Ninco Slot-Car track is in the works as well. Should be a fun alternate for those who want a break from R/C.

Have fun!

Mike :tire:

notch 06-25-2004 12:15 AM

Mini Ts

Go with a Mini T track instead of the slots. Buy a a few to sell and a few to rent- that will be more profitable. Go through Horizon for the car and parts. Another advantage to these cars is that you can begin to create new racers because its cheaper but its still r/c.
Then those people move on to bigger and better things. Also make sure to get some video game machines.

Notch Johnson
Shorter R/c, Race Director, Lake Perris CA

Good luck!

Mike@StlCity 06-27-2004 07:51 PM

Re: Mini Ts

Originally posted by notch
Go with a Mini T track instead of the slots. Buy a a few to sell and a few to rent- that will be more profitable. Go through Horizon for the car and parts. Another advantage to these cars is that you can begin to create new racers because its cheaper but its still r/c.
Then those people move on to bigger and better things. Also make sure to get some video game machines.

Notch Johnson
Shorter R/c, Race Director, Lake Perris CA

Good luck!

Thanks Notch... we are a full line Hobby Shop with Horizon and others. Mini T's are a great idea and that is already in the works actually. Right now we have a line of six rentals you can take for a spin... we have a lot of fun with them. Our first priority is the On-Road carpet track, then Off-Road dirt, and finally the slots and other stuff. We already have a Mini-Z track, but not assembled. We have been open for 2 weeks now and will be starting on the carpet track in about a week. Good idea about the video game machines too...

Have fun!

notch 06-29-2004 01:32 AM

Glad to help.

Mike@StlCity 07-05-2004 02:40 PM

R/C Track Construction starts NOW!

Construction on the Carpet track will begin at the end of this week, and next week should be the dirt off-road! Any suggestions, comments, and even help are greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

howard hudson 07-05-2004 03:46 PM

Re: R/C Track Construction starts NOW!

Originally posted by Mike@StlCity
Construction on the Carpet track will begin at the end of this week, and next week should be the dirt off-road! Any suggestions, comments, and even help are greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

not that I am any where close to you. but I think it would be wiser to get the off road track done first. Reason is putting dirt in is a very dusty job. I would hate to see your new carpet track filled with it. Just a thought

Mike@StlCity 07-13-2004 10:11 PM

Thanks for the advice... but if you read a little deeper, you will find that the 2 indoor tracks we are building are actually not in the same room! So dust will not be a problem. :) The off-road track will be in a concrete block room totally sealed from anywhere else. Construction will be at the same time, but the on-road will be finished 1st only because it is more or less a showcase as it is located directly next to the store. The off road track is in the same building, but down the way about 300'.
Have fun!

Mike@StlCity 07-13-2004 10:12 PM

Sidewalk Sale

HUGE LOSI, TRAXXAS and "others" sale this week at the SCH-Washington store.... you will NOT find anything priced lower on R/C kits so check it out asap!
In-store sale only as it is a "sidewalk" sale for the mall.
:wave:

Mike@StlCity 10-07-2004 01:41 PM

UpDate

1 Attachment(s)
This is just an update on the track(s) in Washington PA. The indoor Off-Road track has been approved, but only for a few months as the mall we are located in is slated for renovations and they are not sure which end they are starting with. They want us to build the track, but the shop and racers do not want to put resources into the track only to race on it for a month or two. We could use those resources at a permanent facility in the near future.
On-Road Tri-Oval and Road-Course is up and running strong! Racing every weekend @ noon on Saturdays. The track is open every day to test & tune your car. We race everything from on-road to off-road cars on the carpet track. Check out www.steelcityhobbies.com for more details.
Mike

Racer4Life 11-04-2004 06:40 AM

I will be up this weekend. I am bringing a few guys with me. See ya then.

Tom

Mike@StlCity 11-04-2004 07:01 AM

Carpet Only

Racer,
Great, hope to see you on Satruday.
We ended up NOT building an off-road track due to the inconsistant information on the building renovation project. But the Carpet track has been in use for about 2 months now. This is the largest carpet track in the Pittsburgh PA Metro area.
Have fun!

Racer4Life 11-07-2004 06:34 PM

Great time at SteelCity. Great group of guys to race with. We will be seeing you again before carpet season goes away.

Tom

Mike@StlCity 01-28-2005 08:53 PM

Bridgeville / Pittsburgh PA - Largest Carpet track

1 Attachment(s)
Just an update, we have moved to a new location closer to Pittsburgh PA. We just completed the largest carpet track in Pittsburgh Metro history. Check out www.steelcityhobbies.com for pictures and information. We hope to see you there!
Snowbird practice starts tomorrow as the new Ozite is from the exact same cut as the Snowbirds 2005! Our track is 90x36.
Mike

2k2wranglerx 10-26-2016 01:49 PM

this is gone right?