Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
SRS Speedway Scottsdale Az now SUCKS... >

SRS Speedway Scottsdale Az now SUCKS...

SRS Speedway Scottsdale Az now SUCKS...

Old 08-23-2010, 03:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Default SRS Speedway Scottsdale Az now SUCKS...

to make this short. used to race back in 07. starting to get back into it.. SRS is the closet track to me, went to a couple of races. and things have changed..
the price went way up. its now $15 bux a race. for each car.. up from $10.
and to practice its $10..
they now have a fence around the area so you can't practice on nice sunday afternoon..
the new owner is a tool. he is very friendly while you are buying something, but the second you make your purchase, he leave you high and dry. Cuts off communication with you, and weasels his way into the back... this has happened on many occasions not only with me, but with others i observed. its like hes doing you a favor..
the wrist bands are a decend idea, which probably refects the cost increase of the races.. someones got to pay for the wrist bands...
just my rant...
Old 08-26-2010, 02:24 PM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by azrcracer01
to make this short. used to race back in 07. starting to get back into it.. SRS is the closet track to me, went to a couple of races. and things have changed..
they now have a fence around the area so you can't practice on nice sunday afternoon..
the new owner is a tool. he is very friendly while you are buying something, but the second you make your purchase, he leave you high and dry. Cuts off communication with you, and weasels his way into the back... this has happened on many occasions not only with me, but with others i observed. its like hes doing you a favor..
the wrist bands are a decend idea, which probably refects the cost increase of the races.. someones got to pay for the wrist bands...
just my rant...
Let me start off by saying sorry you feel that way. I spend 100% of my days helping everyone that walks in the doors at SRS. If you feel that you did not get treated or the service that you wanted I apologize.

Saying a track sucks or a facility sucks because there is a cost adjustment to stay open or it sucks because someone put a fence up to protect the race track blows me away. Costs of running the store and track is not the same as it was in 2007. Do you still pay the same for gas that you did in 2007? NO! Do you still pay the same amount for food? NO $10 to practice and $15 to race is less then a lot of other tracks charge and I guarantee our track is in near perfect condition every week. I know it’s a hard concept to grasp but it’s not free to build a race track. It’s not free to put power outside so guys can charge batteries. It’s not free to make sure the lights are on and the track is watered for racing. That guy that that announced your race…Yup you got it…Hes not free! What we charge for racing keeps the track open.. Period! This doesn’t pay for our rebuilds! YES when people want a new track layout it’s not free. I have done many track changes and all have been out of my pocket and all have costs a min of $2k. So next time you go to a race track SRS, Fear Farm, CH, Hobbytown USA, Canyon Vista, Padocks, The Nitro Pit, ET look around and see what your getting for your money and make sure you go up to the owner and thank him or her for giving you a place to play!

Sincerely the “tool” that purchased SRS so you could play!
Old 08-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just my rant...

Dude you have no Fing Clue about RC Racing and what Track owners go thru to Keep the Doors Open...
Made it large enough for your Retarded ass to Read...
Old 08-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Keoni helps customers out FAR more than Emmit ever did.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

just my rant...
This must be some kind of joke! Should it be free to race, let me guess, you want him to open a brand new kit to let you "try it out"......for free?
Then again, when you deal with the public, there is always "that guy"...you know, the whiner and complainer.... the guy that thinks he deserves ALL of everyones attention...?

Maybe he was having a bad day, maybe you were being a dipshit, who knows. I've been racing there since December regularly and I have not seen him blow off customers, definitly not leaving them high and dry. I have seen him and others go out of there way to help EVERYONE out, regardless if they bought their RC there or not, racers, non-racers even new folks just asking questions.

BTW - $5 increase is not WAY up!
Old 08-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

If the $5 difference is a issue you are in the wrong hobby. If you have questions on a race day ask. I'm the slant eye guy, or ask Humpty (no description needed) we are more than happy to help. I am sorry that you feel this way about SRS. I have known Keoni for several years now and know that he has given way more into SRS than I ever would have. Running a hobby store and track is not a gold mine. So KY thanks for all that you do for the hobby and thanks for providing a place for me to play with my toys.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default SRS is a good place to race

SRS has to have a fence to keep the folks out so that they do not destroy the track with mini-bikes, dirt bikes, gosh knows what. Then sue the shop when they get hurt trespassing. I am in the insurance biz, happens all the time.
I, for one, have gotten far more in top rate advice from Keoni and other folks associated with the SRS than the cost of parts I have purchased.

If anyone does not wish to use this excellent facility, just don't. Go somewhere else and pay your money there.

Please just let this thread die and go away.

MartinB
Old 08-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I too have recently gotten back into RC racing from a 5-6years off. Had two kids graduated from school etc. I can tell you I have had the EXACT OPPOSITE experience at SRS!!!! Keoni has always treated me well, always answered my questions and I love the way he runs his races! In my years racing at the big tracks in SoCal I NEVER felt as welcome as I have felt at SRS. The fact they do not allow talking on the stand is FANTASTIC! This is a fun diversion for most of us and if it stops being fun because someone is yelling at you for driving "wrong" or marshaling "wrong" it looses it's fun fast. I have come out and not raced with my kids many times and have always felt welcome with them as well. I would love to get my son into racing and I feel that SRS would be a place that he could learn without getting trashed while he does it.

As far as fees go, I KNOW what it's like to have a business around the corner from SRS. How hard it is to keep the doors open right now and how I often get NO paycheck so that my employees get to take money home to their families. I have NO problem with the fees, have you been to a movie lately? I think it is pretty cheep entertainment and I challenge anyone try and keep the doors open in a business right now! It's HARD! I only wish I could support Keoni's business better. With things in my own business the way they are I am buying used it seems these days.

Thanks for the hard work the great track and helping me when I have stupid questions!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

We appraciate what you do Keoni, Don't let the true tools get you down
Old 08-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

x999999999999999

this guy is a moron. srs is part of the reason i bought a 2wd buggy. keoni AND crew thanks for all the time you put in to make the track and shop a great experience for us
Old 08-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
x999999999999999

this guy is a moron. srs is part of the reason i bought a 2wd buggy. keoni AND crew thanks for all the time you put in to make the track and shop a great experience for us
Ya know... SRS is the reason my 7 y/o son and I started racing. We went to watch a race and ask questions, Bus took about 15 minutes answering all of our questions.

Again, a HUGE Thank You to SRS and it's staff for all of the hard work a dedication!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

just my rant...
Only a coward makes a public statement like this behind an anonymous screen name.

I payed $10 for racing 15 years ago and to be honest we're all lucky that it's only $15. To justify having an rc track in the middle of Scottsdale it should probably be $25. We have a few tracks in the middle of nowhere and they also charge $15 to race, not including the $20 in gas you spend to get there.

It's going to take more than some anonymous posts to smear Keoni's name. His actions over the past 3 years have made him more respected by Arizona racers than any other track owner named Keoni that I know.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Humpty
Dude you have no Fing Clue about RC Racing and what Track owners go thru to Keep the Doors Open...
Made it large enough for your Retarded ass to Read...
+1 He's an idiot!!
Old 08-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

just my rant...
I for one appriciate everything The Tool and the staff at SRS do for us to have a place to play with our toy cars. If you have a problem with SRS there are other tracks in Az you can go to. If a $5 increase in race entry fee is a big deal to you then you probably cant afford this hobby anyway so your opinion doesnt mean $hit to those that can. Most likely you're an irritating person that makes people's @ss itch when they are near which would explain not wanting to talk to you after he has your money. I wouldnt want to tollerate a tard any longer than I had to either.

Toolboy, keep up the good work. A lot of people like what you have done with SRS......
Old 08-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

just my rant...

Can I go out on a limb and say your the douche bag that says oh I am glitching every time I stand next to LT and oh this and poor me and I am better then all you and this and that???? Stay home IF you dont like what Keoni has done for SRS as a whole!!!! So quit bitching and learn to take some responsibility for your own problems!!!!!

Keoni is the only reason I decided to get into racing and I think it is funny some d bag driving an old ass all blown out civic that cant afford an extra 5 dollars to race and 10 dollars to practice on a race prep track with the lap counter out! Screw you dude!

Keoni like I have said time and time again THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!!!

and if it is not who I think it is well oops!

Last edited by YotieKillin; 08-26-2010 at 10:08 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.