R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 08-03-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Questions?? Cumberland,MD or Somerset, Johnstown Ligoneer PA Area

Is anyone interested in a off road track in this area? Let me know we have an area that is 170X84 FT with drivers stand that can be used if there is interest,

We have a giant Concrete Oval on the location. I would need people that are interested and able to help. an track manager could even earn money at it.

we have AMB RC4 counting systems , Electric, indoor and out door camping available, onsite parts and lighting.

Night time racing is prefered. Allowing everyone to get there chores done during the day. practice start at 12:00pm Races could start at 6-7:00ish or so

Email me [email protected]

Last edited by Team T2C; 08-03-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Team T2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
Tech Master

wow, no one, ok i guess that answers that question.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:36 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to TC3MIKE

Night time racing sounds good. Havent raced at night since 2005 in SC. You have a local racer in your area that runs 1/8 buggy and I'm sure he would like to race local for a change. Do you have a touringcar track too? I know afew people for that type of racing also.
TC3MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:31 AM   #4
Tech Master

our concrete track is wide enough to race on the straightaways. so that could be handled. The track is 44 ft and 125ft long.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:54 AM   #5
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I can give you my 2 cents. I don't mean to sound harsh. It's going to be tough to get a decent showing of racers. There are already quite a few tracks from Altoona, Shippensburg, Lost Creek, Hagerstown, Dubois, Pittsburgh, Drums, Norristown, Reading etc. They are all competing for the same crowd of racers and the racers can only afford to run so many times a week or month. Race fees, gas, food, etc.. Week nights are usually tough for most to have equipment ready when getting off of work. Weekends you are competing with the other tracks. I have been to most of the tracks mentioned above and it's all the same familiar faces usually.
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:11 AM   #6
Tech Regular

Every track you listed is all offroad tracks and half of them are too far for me. I prefer onroad racing, I been racing that since 1995. Nearest track is Somerset so I will travel there since its 55 miles away. I'm taking a break from offroad.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:16 AM   #7
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Mike,

I thought his initial question was for an offroad track. I too prefer the onroad also, much cleaner in my opinion. I think the major concern now though is timing. Most of the guys this time of the year are in off-road mode during the good weather. As you can see from the number of responses, I would not jump to starting a track with only two guys. In addition, he appears to be looking for help in running and maintaining which we all know most people only want to show up and race and not help out. The economy and job markets are still tough and I am pretty sure is not anything new to you. Other onroad tracks include Richfield in the winter, Trains and Lanes in Allentown, Hobbytown in Frederick, Maryland, Mimi's in Gaithersburg, MD, and I believe someone is looking to start one around York, PA a few months back. I know a good portion of the on-road guys from Maryland are running offroad right now also. The short of the matter is still there is only a small number of people to pull from and a good many of those are already tied to some facility in local club.
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:29 AM   #8
Tech Master

we already have two tracks. just looking to diversify
Old 08-04-2010, 10:44 AM   #9
Tech Regular

My point I'm trying to make is I dont have to drive 200+ miles. Anyways, I will be there to check it out.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:25 PM   #10
Tech Master

if you have any questions. call me 814-289-9619 or email me [email protected]