Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Cape Fear in Fuquay Varina, NC gets a MASSIVE new layout! >

Cape Fear in Fuquay Varina, NC gets a MASSIVE new layout!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cape Fear in Fuquay Varina, NC gets a MASSIVE new layout!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)
Default Cape Fear in Fuquay Varina, NC gets a MASSIVE new layout!

Not quite done yet, but here is a vid of our new track layout. Army Dave has REALLY outdone himself this time! I cannot wait for the 2010 season to hit now!

If you are within driving distance.....come check it out! WOW!

Here is the first video of the new track layout being driven by Kirk Dean with his Prolite (Mod Slash). It's amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oadWR5b_LQI

Visit the track web site for this season's schedule, and more information!

http://www.capefearrcraceway.com/

Last edited by MotoGod; 01-04-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

track looks really big now. checked it out a couple months ago when I was in the area and it looked nice but not as big as it is now.I am hoping to be able to make that my home track with in the year. how does the membership work for $100. thanks
Old 01-05-2010, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

It really is a great facility, especially when you consider this is only Season 2 for it. Membership is pretty straightforward. Pay $100, get a combination for the gate. Come and drive anytime you want, assuming the sun is up. Only restriction is Sundays. No Nitro until 2PM, Electric anytime.

Also, as a club member, all the club races are free entry for members for as many classes as you like. Open races are 50% entry fee for members, and special events are full price for members (usually 2-3 per year).

Normal entry fees for non-members are $20 per class I believe. Special events are typically $20 - $30 per class.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by MotoGod
It really is a great facility, especially when you consider this is only Season 2 for it. Membership is pretty straightforward. Pay $100, get a combination for the gate. Come and drive anytime you want, assuming the sun is up. Only restriction is Sundays. No Nitro until 2PM, Electric anytime.

Also, as a club member, all the club races are free entry for members for as many classes as you like. Open races are 50% entry fee for members, and special events are full price for members (usually 2-3 per year).

Normal entry fees for non-members are $20 per class I believe. Special events are typically $20 - $30 per class.

That is a great deal. It might just make the 2 hour trip worth it

Are they running SC8's? I didn't see a class listed.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

We did run an SC8 class for most of last year. It kind of dwindled a little bit though. I know a handful of guys would LOVE to keep running em though. We're running 2 point's series this season, so the class list may change for the Fall/Winter series.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

I know I would make the trip if the class stayed alive
Old 01-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

That is a great deal. I asked about it just before I went and visited NC a few months ago. I knew it covered entries but didn't know which ones and that you could run as many classes as you want. That is a great deal.

No wonder why you guys get such great turnouts. Now if did a couple trophy races too, that would be perfect.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

The guys at Cape Fear have a great formula going on for sure. Last season was my first racing, and they all welcomed me with open arms (uhhh figuratively). I learned a ton this year....and looking forward to a better season in 2010.

Anyone within driving distance really should come check it out. You will LOVE it. We even have a HUUUUUGE covered driver's stand.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Here are 2 brand new aerial shots of the new layout. Still no piping down, but working on it! First race is January 16th......

Thanks to Bob Wall for shooting these!

Old 01-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

First race on the new layout is this Saturday January 16th! Come on down....gonna be a BLAST!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

First Race went VERY VERY well on the new layout. Drivers seemed to LOVE the new changes. We had great weather, and 113 entries or so show up for the day.

Brandon Melton and Barry Pettit even came by to show our locals how fast they could run. Those 2 guys FLY!

Here is a video of the 99% finished track with Chad Morgan burning some laps in a borrowed Truggy.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

1st Annual Cape Fear Invitational Race
Guy's just want to get the word out early. There will be a flyer to come soon:

I have recently worked out a deal with the Cape Fear Track and will be hosting this race at the CF track as follows....

Sept 18th and 19th
Sat -(4) 5min quals (Best 2 of 4 Qual Points)
Sun Morning from 10:00 - 1:00 Elec Mains (Triple 10 min A-Mains, 7 min B and below)
Sun Afternoon 1:00 - Completion Nitro Mains (35 min A-Mains, 20 min B-Mains, 10 min C-and below)

Classes: All Mains will be 10 car Mains bump 2
Invitational Buggy (Payout to Top 8- $300 - $10 respectivley)
(Any driver with Any Level of Sponsorship must race in Invitational Classe, anyone else who is interested will be considered case by case)

Prizes and Plaques to Top 3 for remaining classes:
1/8th Scale Buggy
Pro Truggy
Sportsman Buggy
1/8th E-Buggy
2wd SCT
4 x 4 SCT
Kids Novice

TQ Plaques to each class

I will be approaching many sponsors for giveaway prizes.
Also there will be raffles, doorprizes etc.

Entry fee's as follows.

Day of Race(Member or Guest)...
1st Class-$40.00
Additional Classes-$30.00

Non Club Members Pre Register and Pre Pay...
1st Class-$35.00
Additional Classes-$25.00

Club Member Pre Register and Pre Pay...
1st Class $25.00
Additional Classes $15.00

Also, there will be a membership drive special. Any NEW Member to join the day of the race will get their 1st entry for free. For those who are unsure of the membership fee it is $100 for one year and comes with a ton of free racing and reduced entries at pay races.

I will be setting up a race on RC Signup in the next few days that will allow for preregistration by paypal, or snail mail. Pre entries will close on Sept 1st.

Also, Prepaid Registration will get you (3) doorprize tickets per entry, "day of" entries will recieve (1) doorprize ticket.

I hope to make this a race to remember for 2010 and plan to do my best to attract some of the East Coast fastest drivers! I will make announcments of sponsors etc as they come on board.

Until then, who's in???