Wiki Posts
Search

Gunhill rd Track NYC

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Gunhill rd Track NYC

hey everyone im basicaully here looking for some people who are in the area that want to pinch in and fix up the track every weekend.As of right now theres already a handfull of people that go there and wet it down with water and fill in some holes.i go there every weekend if theres sun.the track is a rugged track thats free and with the help of some others it could be a way better place then it is.All you need to help is to donate a shovel ,rake,broom and some elbow grease.for those who dont know about it,it has a decent straight and two decent jumps and a little jump with some tight turns.but with some work it can have more.im all in on helping out to make this a better place for us rc'ers.
its a dusty dirt but with some water its good to go.theres a stream behind the track where some cool guys pump water and spray it down.everyone there is cool and just enjoys racing and having fun...come down and check it out.most peopel run truggys here and some lipo,i run a buggy.anything can run there.theres a high up part where u can drive from but noone to flip your car.i am hoping to get this track into a better place so someone can organize racers there.chime in and help out thank you.

heres some videos and pics of the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE3sPgSYe30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yJu9aIn5AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxXHZ-DLvl4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMk7xMKTL4Q

again its located right off gunhill rd exit in the bronx new york free to anyone,its also good to help out and fix it up.which is what im trying to get help doing.

Last edited by vowbeachbum; 05-30-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

+1 the track does needs some work. Ill give a hand when i go up there.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'll be there this weekend with some friends who are just starting out, but we'll be more than glad to help out and get this track back in shape!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 266 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fd2k
+1 the track does needs some work. Ill give a hand when i go up there.
+1
Old 06-27-2010, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

me and my freind are there every saturday from 11 to 6 ish.we are always down to help out there.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I've been there before on a Saturday, from Staten Island and the track looks promising. Nobody running, yet promising. It's a shame THE local hobby shop in the Bronx do not have events there. You know... A Twice a month series for points. It's a win win for everybody.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by J-milz
I've been there before on a Saturday, from Staten Island and the track looks promising. Nobody running, yet promising. It's a shame THE local hobby shop in the Bronx do not have events there. You know... A Twice a month series for points. It's a win win for everybody.
Local Hobby shop like rcthunderhobbies had a race on 8-8-2010. They had a1/8 buggy and truggy race. They were suppose to have a trophy race in sept but its the end of the month... I havent heard them posting up any other dates. But once i do i will posted it up.
Also ppl go on the weekends specially on sundays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjKq77xSs6s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSu8k...eature=related
Old 10-01-2010, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Very nice! Please post when they'll have their next race. Id rather drive to the BX then upstate.

Ps they don't water the track?
Old 10-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by J-milz
Very nice! Please post when they'll have their next race. Id rather drive to the BX then upstate.

Ps they don't water the track?
I will let you know when they post up the next race.

They did water the track... The porblem was that the water pump they had wasnt strong enough. They would water the track on 1 side, by the time they went to water the other side, the first side they water would dry up. They working on getting a better water pump.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (96%+)

Can someone post an exact location of the track?

I am in Queens and would come check it out.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default exact location

u need some landmarks its very easy to get to
Old 05-31-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

I went to gun hill track this weekend and i heard from someone that runs most of the time on the track that Danny and others have the permit to remodel Gun hill track. They can use the construction trucks and dirt. The problem is that they might have the trucks but the person that said he can bring the dirt doesnt come around. I dont have any more details about whats going to happend but im hoping someone can donate some dirt.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

For those that dont know me, my name is Bless and I have been lobbying with the City and Parks for the past 4 years about our track at Fort Knox Park. So far we have made major progress with the politics involved with the park and an R/C track, which I would consider to have been our biggest hurdles. The first time I mentioned R/C cars to the Commissioner of NYC the telephone was hung up on me.

At the moment, there are no paper work permits or anything of that sort in existence. The only permit that we where given was an event permit which permits us to host events/races in the park. We will be able to obtain these again once we are ready to host races.

However, what we do have is an organization called RCNYC that represents all of us RC racers from the NYC area. RCNYC has been lobbying since 2007 to get the park at Gunhill Rd (officially known as Fort Knox Park) recognized by NYC Parks and The Commissioner of NYC as an official R/C park.

With the overwhelming response to an NYC Parks Dept survey from NYC racers, after many meetings with The NYC Parks Dept, The Mashulo Preservation Department, The Bronx River Alliance, Local Community Boards, many other entities and people involved with the city parks and with the support of all of our local hobby shops, The RCNYC Club became an official member of the Bronx River Alliance in 2010! Us R/C racers are now recognized by NYC Parks and the Commissioner of NYC as "RCNYC", a group of RC racers from NYC dedicated to preserving, maintaining and improving the racing facility at Fort Knox Park.

With our new status as members of the Bronx River Alliance, we now have cooperation from our parks supervisor when it comes to maintaining the track. At the moment, we need about 300 yards of clean clay/dirt with paperwork to re surface the track. A group of us have been attempting to locate clean clay or dirt and have had some pretty good leads but nothing has come to fruition as of yet. Our parks manager will provide any machinery when the time comes to move the dirt around. We have to make sure we do everything under the proper supervision and direction because one wrong move and we could be out of the park forever.

Our current goal is to locate clean clay or dirt that we can get delivered at little or no charge. We also need to become an official Non For Profit Organization so that we can continue to operate legally in the parks as well as accept taxable donations which we will likely need to successfully fund the project.

If anyone out there can help us with either of the two it would be greatly appreciated.

I can be contacted via email at [email protected]
Old 06-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Anything new happening on the track?
Old 06-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up hey

hey guys im from the bronx too, im new with rc cars so I would like to meet people in the enviroment and also help in anything that I can. If you can tell where do you guys chill at I will be glad to come down and hang out with you guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.