R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 05-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Kyosho America R241 Race Way

Kyosho America is very proud to announce the opening of Route 241 Raceway here inside our Kyosho America headquarters. R241 was conceived and built as a means to provide the best facility for our extensive line of Mini-Z and dNaNo RC racing vehicles. Starting May 1st we will be opening our doors to the public every Saturday and Sunday excluding Holidays.

R241 Raceway Location:20322 Valencia Cir. Lake Forest, CA 92630

• No membership required!
• Spectators both young and old welcome!
• Route 241 factory store on site.
• Hours: 10AM - 4PM Sat & Sun. (closed holidays)
• Powered pit spaces and clean restrooms!
• Track Fees: $10.00 per day unlimited practice.
• Rental cars available.
• Racing events will be held on monthly basis and information will announce
prior to event.
• Corporate events and a party information will be announced soon.

Please come and join us for the fun and challenge of racing radio controlled cars!

R241 Raceway FAQ’s:

Q: “Does it cost anything to just come by and watch?”
A: Nope it is absolutely free to come check out and watch.

Q: “Can I run my 27MHz car or do I need 2.4GHz?”
A: You can run either, we have a frequency clip system for those running crystals and for those on 2.4GHz it’s even more simple.

Q: “Can I run others cars besides Kyosho’s Mini-Z’s or dNaNos?”
A: This is a Kyosho facility designed for Kyosho vehicles only, I would recommend running other brands of vehicles at those brands facilities.

Q: “What is the surface of the track made of?”
A: R241 uses indoor/outdoor putting green carpet special ordered in black. This carpet surface (which has been used on the dNaNo tracks for the last 2 years) provides by far the best most consistent driving surface ever. It is far more durable then other surfaces and combined with wood parameter walls allows the cars to deflect rather then hook and rebound helping to protect the cars themselves. Most people agree once you drive on this type of surface it is as if Mini-Z/dNaNo

Q: “Can I run Mini-Z drift cars at 241?”
A: Yes but we will have staggered practice for drifting as drifting and normal running to not work well together.

Q: ”Will you have special practice times for dNaNo’s?”
A: Yes due to the difference in size and speed we will have staggered practice for Mini-Z’s ad dNaNos.

Q: “Can I run my Mini-Z Overlander or Mini-Z Formula car at R241?”
A: Absolutely yes all Mini-Z chassis types are welcome.

Q: “Do I need any special transponder to run?”
A: R241 uses a new RFID based lap counting systems specially designed to attach to all Mini-Z chassis with two small screws. It is the same system found on dNaNos. You do not need these to practice and they are only required if you would like to see your lap times during practice or to enter events such as races or rallies.

Q: “Can I reserve a pit space?”
A: All pit spaces are first come first serve and are powered. We currently have tables and chairs for 12 drivers and have plans to expand this in the future. If we have and dramatic increase in visitors faster then planned, then pitting in the parking lot is permitted.

Q: “Are there restroom facilities at R241?”
A: Yes both Men’s and Woman’s restrooms are available

Q: “Will R241 be open during the week at all?”
A: As of right now the facility is only open during weekends (excluding holidays). However that being said we are working on a possible weekday schedule.

Q: “Is there food and beverages at R241?”
A: Right now we do not currently serve food or drinks but we are looking into possibly having soft drinks in the future and there are a dozen or so restaurants within a couple of miles of R241.

Q: “Can I bring my own pit table and chair?”
A: You are more then welcome to bring your own pit space if you would like.

Q: Do you sell more then just Mini-Z and dNaNo products at the R241 store?
A: Right now we are focusing on the Mini-Z and dNaNo products lines however that being said we currently have some very good deals on Minium Airplanes and will feature various products at closeout prices from week to week.

Q: “Will R241 have it’s own products like R246 in Japan?”
A: This is one of many plans we hope to achieve as things progress.

Last edited by 009; 05-12-2010 at 01:19 PM. Reason: typo
009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
r241 raceway / mini z