R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   NEW TRACK AT PITTSBURGH RACEWAY PARK IN NEW ALEXANDRIA PA (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/394764-new-track-pittsburgh-raceway-park-new-alexandria-pa.html)

BIG HOP 05-02-2010 04:34 PM

NEW TRACK AT PITTSBURGH RACEWAY PARK IN NEW ALEXANDRIA PA

How is it going? We are currently building a track that will have 2 tracks in one. There is an expert course and a novice course blended together that share certain sections like the straight away ,a nice elevation change that still has to be built and a couple other turns. Currently I am building the track as a one man show and believe me when I tell it is HUGE. On that note the novice course can double as a 1/10 & also a short course for CORE trucks. When I say we I mean the owners of the facility which actually is an IHRA & NHRA drag strip that also has 3 off-road Motocross tracks. They are relying on ME to show them what are Sport is all about.
SO I am currently looking for help In Building tracks, Starting a Race Program, Running a Race Program, Photography, Video basically every area that pertains to doin this thing the right way.
I am in the process of working with a web designer to add a page for R/C to PRP's website but I have also been working on a Forum (which the owners are not fond of because Rif Raf ruined there's) but I believe if we respect the forum like we respect R/C Tech Forums I will be able tp add it to the page. For now it is http://Pittsburghracewaypark.freeforums.org
Check it out, join so we can have some variety in the Pittsburgh Area.
:D
This week weather permitting I will be building on:
Tues May 4th 3:30-6:30
Weds May 5th 7am-6:30pm
Thanks for your response

BIG HOP 05-03-2010 02:28 PM

I know there are plenty of racers In our area and a seasoned racer knows exactly what they like in a track and racing facility as a whole. So could the readers of this post give me a list of there favorite features of their local track. And for those readers who have genuine TRACK BUILDING experience please either list some tips and tricks on this forum or please hit the link above and list them on the space provided for track building tips and tricks.

BIG HOP 05-10-2010 05:03 PM

SUNDAY JUNE 6th TRACK BREAK IN

The track will be completed but the Drivers stand will not but we can drive from the elevated pit lane. We will have some out of town guest driving their 1/5 scales also. We will have water for the Track and electric for Charging but I steel recommend bringing your field chargers if you have them. Further info can be found at the link above

BIG HOP 05-12-2010 07:20 AM

HERE ARE SOME EARLY PICS OF THE TRACK BUILD

http://s840.photobucket.com/albums/z...view=slideshow

NeverATiteLine 05-13-2010 10:30 AM

i dont see anyone else posting on here but I am hearing good things about the track. I cant wait to try it out, but one thing i wanted to bring up is I am 1 of several racers in the area that are handicapped, so I would like to suggest that when you do get around to building the drivers stand that you make its wheelchair/scooter friendly!!!!

Happy building

BIG HOP 05-13-2010 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine (Post 7400946)
i dont see anyone else posting on here but I am hearing good things about the track. I cant wait to try it out, but one thing i wanted to bring up is I am 1 of several racers in the area that are handicapped, so I would like to suggest that when you do get around to building the drivers stand that you make its wheelchair/scooter friendly!!!!

Happy building

Yes sir you are on my Priority list for the drivers stand. I got a PM from one of your buddies. Thx for your reply

TC3MIKE 05-15-2010 06:59 PM

Make sure you have pipes for drainage for those heavy rainfalls.

BIG HOP 05-15-2010 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by TC3MIKE (Post 7409686)
Make sure you have pipes for drainage for those heavy rainfalls.

Yes we have worked pretty hard to fill low spots that held water and basically we have narrowed it down to two spots I think we can handle that. Thank God the track area has a natural slope and drains rather nice.

wishmasstir 05-18-2010 09:13 AM

Is there any info about prices listed somewhere that I missed? This place is only a few miles from my house so i'm very excited to try out an actual track with the rc. I usually just take it to mx tracks with me and sky the big stuff! Which prp does have some nice mx tracks too if anyone wants to load up their bike/quad and rc looks like you'll be able to have a full days worth of fun now!

BIG HOP 05-21-2010 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by wishmasstir (Post 7421835)
Is there any info about prices listed somewhere that I missed? This place is only a few miles from my house so i'm very excited to try out an actual track with the rc. I usually just take it to mx tracks with me and sky the big stuff! Which prp does have some nice mx tracks too if anyone wants to load up their bike/quad and rc looks like you'll be able to have a full days worth of fun now!

Sorry for the delay. To answer your price question there is nothing set just yet but when it is it will be posted on the PRP site. The June 6th day is a NO CHARGE DAY do to the absence of a drivers stand.

Sgt Craig 05-31-2010 10:51 AM

Ive been out there the last 2 days helping.All I can say is the track is going to be absolutely amazing.Its huge.A bit of something for everyone.BigHop and PRP are really dedicated to this to make it work.

Mark506 06-06-2010 07:13 PM

Stopped by the track today, just to get a quick glance, and see the finished product, and I have a feeling this will be a pretty succesfull track. Very welcoming people, that seem to have a good bit of knowledge, and really aren't biased towards any class or group. Can't wait till the track get broken in a little more, and racing starts. Should be a awesome summer, with tons of great racing. Here are some pics from today, a little damp in some spots, but nothing that can't be fixed. Coming from a carpet on-road background, this track is huge. Specially for a 1/10 scale which takes about 8 seconds to complete the whole back straight-away. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

-Mark Ament

http://i48.tinypic.com/2iljwok.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/xle0py.jpg

revoluv 06-07-2010 05:30 AM

I like were the track is going and look forward to checking it out.When will it open and are located near Deans Dinner near Blairsville?I am a local at the Altoona Raceway and do the track maintenance there!How far from Altoona are you?

jmackani 06-07-2010 05:31 AM

Jim,

If you know where the drag racing strip is located off 22 in New Alexandria, that is where they are located.

BIG HOP 06-08-2010 08:12 AM

Thanks guys for all your positive feedback. I believe we are moving in the right direction. Our next steps are the Drivers Stand, Lap Counter, and some Tweaks to the surface. And yes if you hit Dean Diner coming from Blairsville than you have went about 10min past the track that is on the opposite side of Deans Diner.