Cool, thanks for the info.
rcscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:44 PM   #92
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rob martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishmasstir View Post
Here is the word that I got, Adam from show me your hobbies in greensburg is going to be taking over the rc tracks at PRP

There will be a few tracks; 2 crawlin coarses, off road, oval, figure 8 ... more tracks to come after those are built

Everything from 1/18th scale to 1/5th

Few weeks of open house

Racing will apparently start end of april/beginning of may

... thats the word I got ... we'll have to see how it goes

Not puttin anyone down but i love how these people who've never owned a track have these dreams of running multiple tracks. Its hard enough to run 1 track.... I'll be the first to say it... ill beleive it when i see it. Especially after last year with chris doing it.

~Ridgeway bodies~B-Fast Performance Diffs~Flying Farmer Traction Sauce

Last edited by rob martin; 03-16-2011 at 03:07 PM.
rob martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #93
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+1 Rob, but I remain optimistic, this place is only a half hour up the road from me, not the hour and a half I drive up to Doug's. I hope this guy is doing it for all the right reasons, ie: for the love of rc racing, not the money (which is very little after expenses)
Old 03-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #94
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Adam used to be a customer of mine at H-town, and everything he bought for his shop, he made nothing on if he was selling it at normal price - he loves the hobby and if he has the right people behind him I think it can be pulled off. I hope it works out because PRP has more resources than any other local track in the area.

Adam - if you're reading this - when you build the jumps, please put some transitions in them! Lol that's why I never went to PRP last year - my 1/10 stuff couldn't make it over any of the jumps.

Oh, and it's only 10 minutes from me so I hope it works out just for that
carcrusher46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #95
Tech Adept

Cool Matt, like I said this is the closest track to me, so I will help Adam the best that I can.[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
Old 03-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #96
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think the plan is to start this week so we'll see how it turns out. I'm ready to run on the track, no matter who's running the show. Its about that time of year!
wishmasstir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #97
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T. Herwig

I heard about this as well. That would be nice. It's pretty close compared the 2 to 3 hour drives I have to every other track. Scotty, another track opening is here in Somerset (Friedens) RT281 Raceway. That's around an hour and 10 minutes from you.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:06 PM   #98
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Herwig View Post
I heard about this as well. That would be nice. It's pretty close compared the 2 to 3 hour drives I have to every other track. Scotty, another track opening is here in Somerset (Friedens) RT281 Raceway. That's around an hour and 10 minutes from you.
I just seen that the other day! I've been checking that thread alot. I've been running ebuggy all winter, and can't wait to fire up my, new truggy. After going to a big nitro race in kentucky, then motorama, I got the itch...bad.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:17 PM   #99
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T. Herwig

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcscotty View Post
I just seen that the other day! I've been checking that thread alot. I've been running ebuggy all winter, and can't wait to fire up my, new truggy. After going to a big nitro race in kentucky, then motorama, I got the itch...bad.
Hopefully it takes off, it's only 5 minutes away from me.

I run E-Buggy and Truggy as well. Gonna get some outdoor practice this weekend. Gonna feel good to be outside again!
Old 03-17-2011, 05:25 AM   #100
Tech Adept

If I had a track that close to me I would be broke, and divorced.

Ebuggy and nitro truggy for me. I just finished my rc8t last night, now it's time to get it broke in.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #101
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Additional Info

Hey Guys, Just wanted to pass along some info that I got at Adam's shop today. The tracks that were present last year have been leveled. The plan is to have racing available for 1/18 to 1/5 scale at the site starting with the large off-road track which they are trying to have ready for mid to late April. Adam said that they have the layout marked out on the pad and plan to start bringing in the jump and banking material in the next week or so. He showed me the layout schematic and it looks pretty sweet!! I believe the footprint is 180' x 115' which is about 50 or 60 feet longer than the previous layout and does not contain a bunch of switchbacks. It looked like it would be one heck of a track with wide lanes, sweeping and banked curve sections, ripple sections, rolling double and triple jumps, and tabletops. The jump locations have not been finalized yet but fitting them in on this track I don't think will be an issue. There is to be a newly constructed driver's stand which will be both wider and longer than the previous one and serve both the off-road track described above and a new dirt oval track on the other side. The existing site utilities are to be extended to the pit and track areas to best suit the racers and maintenance personel. There also is to be a rock climbing course and a figure 8 track track constructed on the grounds which would I believe, place PRP as a premier RC location.
I wish Adam and PRP well on this endeavor and hope that everything works out that we all have a nice facility to build friendship and sportsmanship in our local area.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:06 AM   #102
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Racing ?

Please advise new owner/operator, it might be in the track's best interest to run Sunday's ? MCC's I believe run Saturdays & we saw what happened to previous time PRP tried to run same day. I do believe if owners work/partner with each other, both could benefit from merger.
Gas $$$$ are going to dictate where racers are gonna attend & more western tracks in my opinion are going to do well.
Just something to think about & thanks for your time.
Sportin' Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:23 PM   #103
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportin' Wood View Post
Please advise new owner/operator, it might be in the track's best interest to run Sunday's ? MCC's I believe run Saturdays & we saw what happened to previous time PRP tried to run same day. I do believe if owners work/partner with each other, both could benefit from merger.
Gas $$$$ are going to dictate where racers are gonna attend & more western tracks in my opinion are going to do well.
Just something to think about & thanks for your time.
I don't think the Saturday schedule was the problem with last years adventure. After talking with Adam the organizational aspects seem to be well in line with the Owner/Manager goals. If all goes as planned there is going to be alot going on at this facility and I think they have a pretty good handle on how things are needing to be scheduled to make it work. Sundays are tough for alot of folks with church and family gatherings. Later start times would have an affect on fitting all the anticipated classes with qualifiers and mains. I believe they are aware that adjustments may be needed but we'll just have to see how it goes.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #104
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rob martin
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I don't think the Saturday schedule was the problem with last years adventure. After talking with Adam the organizational aspects seem to be well in line with the Owner/Manager goals. If all goes as planned there is going to be alot going on at this facility and I think they have a pretty good handle on how things are needing to be scheduled to make it work. Sundays are tough for alot of folks with church and family gatherings. Later start times would have an affect on fitting all the anticipated classes with qualifiers and mains. I believe they are aware that adjustments may be needed but we'll just have to see how it goes.
IMO thats is the one of the biggest problems .. Theres only so many racers within the western/central part of this state. With places out west like lcrc and other tracks guys arent goin to waste a raceday racing at a track where theres 1/5ths running on the same track as 1/10. It just wont work..(unless he plans on having multiple tracks like ive heard)) When u race on the same day with 2 diffrent facilitys thats gonna automatically cut the racers in half. Right now in this area your main group(i would say 90%or more) race at Mcculloughs. There are weekends at Mcculloughs where the turnouts are not too great and Mcculloughs track has been around for awhile and attracts out of state people etc on a week to week basis. Another thing to mention word of mouth is a big thing. I know alot of people wont go back out to PRP because of what chris did. Im not saying this new guy wont do a better job but alot of people just dont take this prp thing seriously and look at it as more of a basher session. I mean just looking at the size of the track that was listed in a earlier post (180' x 115') that IMO cuts out 1/10 scale right off the bat. Thats a pretty big size and is geared more towards 1/8th 1/5th etc. I would really like to see another track in the area but all of this talk about 1/18th track,1/8th track,1/10 track etc I think is a big joke. Like i said it's hard enough to bring in racers for 1 track and maintain 1 track. Especially for people(adam) that have zero race experience building or running a track. Im done with my rant here but like i said i wish them the best

~Ridgeway bodies~B-Fast Performance Diffs~Flying Farmer Traction Sauce
rob martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:26 PM   #105
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to CJ Weaver

I think what killed that track was they attempted to run 1/5 Scale and 1/10 Scale on the same track. This area NEEDS a 1/8 Scale track. I said it a while ago, the way that everything is set-up, it could easily be the East Coast equivalent to the Nitro Pit. Build a SWEET track and host a big race, and people will come. Just make sure you know what you are doing so you don't scare people away. If you have lighting, scoring, a great track (with actual 1/8 jumps, elevation changes, ect.) a drivers stand and pit lane, people will come to race.

One recommendation that I made last year was to put the entire track on a slope and make it similar to Leisure Hours. Not only would that make elevation changes and visibility easy, but it will make drainage even easier. The layout is important, but it's the little things that attract the better racers. I am not sure who is in charge and if he is even a member on RCTech, but I would love to come out and help get things going in the right direction. Like I said, the location, the resources, and physical layout of the area are perfect for a top notch track. We just need a group of dedicated racers and some funding to make it happen.
CJ Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote