R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 07-14-2004, 08:48 PM   #61
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by TerraX
I would be all for seeing a permanent on-road nitro friendly track in Northern California, but I can see where rctrackman is coming from. Real estate up here is becoming a joke. I'm not sure how the housing market is in the bay area (I understand it's finally starting to improve), but Sacramento, Roseville, and even my home town area of Yuba City is getting pretty costly. Still I think much of it's cheaper than the bay area.

Speaking of the bay area, what about Petaluma/Santa Rosa or some other place in Napa or Sonoma County? That seems like it would be a decent location (but once again, I have no idea what real estate is like there).

I'd say if you couldn't do the San Francisco area, I would try the north bay. It seems like it's a short enough shot from many points. You could attract peeps from SF, East Bay, Oakland/Berkeley, Sacramento, Vallejo, Fairfield and many other areas. It's a good hub without having to deal with San Francisco proper.

Cheers!
Chris
West sacramento, there is so much land there that is up for lease/sale. Its cheaper than anywhere, It would be perfect since I go there a lot.
Tek Nickal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 08:55 PM   #62
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Serpentsix9,

i live in jackson and race at jackson rc racing

did you ever hear of our club, we just hosted a stage of the ORL2, ROAR reg. 2 Electric off-road and we have the ROAR Reg. On-Road coming up in august

check out the site

www.jacksonrcracing.com

pics of the track

http://www.jacksonrcracing.com/onroadpics.htm

and some pics of our new on-road drivers stand

http://www.jacksonrcracing.com/forum...opic=612&st=45

we are racing on-raod this sat. gates open at 9am racing starts @ 11am

19t electric and nitro with a .12 or a .15 rtr model

hope to see you in the pits

Chris08527
JRC
Chris08527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:19 PM   #63
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Ever thought of the central valley Ca..Land is way cheap and their are no tracks..Bakersfield and Fresno have a few..but they have never had the suport,Visalia had a very nice Off Road track at one time(the owner was offered a large sum of $$ by his dad to quit and go farming)At club races we were getting 150 to 200 racers a night,so the suport is still their..The track was indoor's..a little on the hot side to race outside..
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 10:47 PM   #64
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi all, new to this forum but I would like to put in my 2 cent. I think Arizona would be perfect, more specific in the Gilbert or Mesa areas. We have no real facilities here to speak of that have a real road course for 1/8 or even 1/10 scale stuff. I'm currently building a Serpent 950R and would love nothing more than a good and close place to race, instead of having to go to Cali. Not to mention the land is still reasonably priced in all metro Phoenix areas. And the weather is great all year round, slightly warm in the summer though
Bandicoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 09:53 AM   #65
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

You should definitely consider somewhere around the NYC/Nassau border... A building in Nassau would be much easier to come by... Some place close to one of the major highway's so it makes it easy to get to for the LI/NYC people... Yes, there are 2 carpet tracks on LI... But.... Willis's track is Tiny, it's more suited to 1/12th and 1/18th than a/10th... You can't even line up 6 cars without them ending up in a turn.... South shore is out on the east end, on a Friday night that could be 3 hours for someone to get to from the city with the yuppie suv driving hamptons traffic....

I'm retired, I'll come work for free....
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 04:53 PM   #66
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

We could definately use a track in the Long Island, there's no place to run nitro touring, we're running in a train station parking lot. Only access is on Sundays.. Please consider the Island.
Dreddlox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 05:11 PM   #67
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxkat
quit and go farming
REDNECK!
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 09:38 PM   #68
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to B.J.
Talking Re: Track owner seeks new location

Quote:
Originally posted by rctrackman
Hi folks. The wife and I are looking to make a move so I could use your help.
If you live in an area that you think could use an RC shop and an on road track, please e-mail or PM and let me know. I have a mobile 16ft drivers stand, A complete AMBrc system , A Road Rails track system , PA system and computer. At this time, the equipment is being used to support a small club.
Any area of the country will be considered but keep in mind it should be in ,or close to ,an area that could truly support the business and a club or full time track operation.
Thanks in advance for any help offered.
We could really use a good track Here in Hampton,VA. We nee a good perminate on-road track large enough to run 1/8 th also.
B.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 10:19 AM   #69
Tech Addict

Default Boulder, CO

Great place to live. Great Weather. No track No Hobby Shop, so no competition. 200k population.
imjonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 07:09 PM   #70
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Track owner seeks new location

Quote:
Originally posted by rctrackman
Hi folks. The wife and I are looking to make a move so I could use your help.
If you live in an area that you think could use an RC shop and an on road track, please e-mail or PM and let me know. I have a mobile 16ft drivers stand, A complete AMBrc system , A Road Rails track system , PA system and computer. At this time, the equipment is being used to support a small club.
Any area of the country will be considered but keep in mind it should be in ,or close to ,an area that could truly support the business and a club or full time track operation.
Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Hmmmm... 4 months later and any update????
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 11:59 PM   #71
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Yea but a rich one..
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 07:22 AM   #72
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreddlox
We could definately use a track in the Long Island, there's no place to run nitro touring, we're running in a train station parking lot. Only access is on Sundays.. Please consider the Island.
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I agree with Dreddlox. We really need a permanent on road track here on Long Island. I race at the Deer Park train station as well but its only setup on Sundays which severely limits the days I can attend. If it was always there, I would attend whenever I had some free time.
I feel a permanent track on Long Island would be a great business opportunity.
kb4343 is offline   Reply With Quote