Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Track owner seeks new location

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 07:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

if u come to SF winter will just be rain at the most part but it wont always rain so u wont need to spend on a indoor track here
Old 05-31-2004, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Will
I do agree there is a gap in the SF bay area rc scene, coming from Michigan where there were 19 tracks within a 3 hour circle, on and offroad, I'd have to say this is the most disappointing area known to man,, and the only reason I say that is the population density and r/c enthusiast number around here is fairly high, but I think it's more of an organizational problem with the area.. and no one here wants to put something together, the few stores I know of are just rtr whores.. simply put.. If you have extensive knowledge and are a good people person, all you'd have to do is open the doors and you'd be completely set with as many people that are in this area, and thats just from positive referals from people that walk in.. most anyone here in the area only has bad things to say about the stores that are around. I honestly can't think of a store that I've heard anything positive about.
I know the few stores that are in this area are lacking in one or more of about 5 things,,,,, product/inventory, customer service, specialty ordering, product know-how, the want to help, enthusiasm.... in other words if you're not from california people will seem slow and lazy... so it'd be like taking candy from,, well you get it..

If this gentleman were to consider the bay area for an offroad/onroad track , consider the business district of richmond, real estate would be more cost effective and still within 20 minutes of the central SF-Bay area,, 2 birds one stone,,,,

I know he could pull national events and regionals, easy, I've spoken with some of my accounts throughout the years and I'd be more than happy to gather manufacturer sponsors for events, (who have already expressed interest in just these things), series races and annual events,,,, but again the stores that I've spoken with about this , just plain suk balls... and dont care about facilitating the things they sell...

weird ,, but the mentality here just doesnt make sense ...

Domo ,, I run offroad 3 times a week and onroad 2 times a week,, I've never seen any of the cars you've posted,, when and where do you race? if not you wanna sell that 7.5?
Lates!!

-Will-
www.WilzWerx.com
OK? There are plenty of races that go on on a weekly basis all around the Bay.Dont mean to cut in on your thread, but San fransico the city itself doesnt need a race veniew.The City would be a horrible place for a track.Your draw would be minimal as getting into the city is a pain and the # of racers in the city itself could not sustain a track for very long.Why do you guys alway say build a track in SF when you know thats not possible?Btw, what stores are you talking about?Where do you race offroad 3 times a week?Delta? I feel for you because of the drive but otherwise the majority of racers live in the south and east bay.The best place geographically would be in hayward or San leandro.Middle of the Bay area accessible by all major freeways coming from every location.Not the city.sorry.
Good luck to you rctrackman....Look for untapped areas and youll do well.

Last edited by racenut123; 05-31-2004 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

still a big fan of the indoor central jersey area

if you get a place big enough to run 10th scale the people will come like i said in an earlier post there is only 1 indoor track in way southern new jersey that races indoor 10th scale and they get a pretty good turnout from all over the state i drive over 1 hr. myself to get there and many people drive at least that and some farther

if the track is big enough for 10th scale and get a 12th scale and the micros/ mini t's going forget about it and a movable barrier system and race on the weekends and run 10th scale touring (stock and mod) 12th scale (mod) and stock if enough interest or even 19t, then you run micros hpi/x-ray m18, and mini t's

and then sundays you run oval . . .FORGET ABOUT IT!!! CHA CHING

through in a couple of arcade games and b-day parties for the kiddies during the week . . . CHA CHING CHA CHING!!!

just my 2 cents

hope everything works out for you

Chris08527
JRC
Old 05-31-2004, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by racenut123
OK? There are plenty of races that go on on a weekly basis all around the Bay.Dont mean to cut in on your thread, but San fransico the city itself doesnt need a race veniew.The City would be a horrible place for a track.Your draw would be minimal as getting into the city is a pain and the # of racers in the city itself could not sustain a track for very long.Why do you guys alway say build a track in SF when you know thats not possible?Btw, what stores are you talking about and who are you?Where do you race offroad 3 times a week? And onroad 2 times a week?

Good luck to you rctrackman....Look for untapped areas and youll do well.
I CANNOT argue with either John (racenut) or Will

Bay-area is a HELLHOLE in terms of getting land for a reasonable price BUT we do need another permanent track that is easy to get to.

I also can't argue with the desision to stay east.....only if my dad made that desision... I'll get to within the next couple years if I stay sane that long
Old 05-31-2004, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by The Black Kat
I CANNOT argue with either John (racenut) or Will

Bay-area is a HELLHOLE in terms of getting land for a reasonable price BUT we do need another permanent track that is easy to get to.

I also can't argue with the desision to stay east.....only if my dad made that desision... I'll get to within the next couple years if I stay sane that long
i don think so

i noe many people that have on and off road cars that would even travel to fremont, san jose, antioch and others just to race

so if there was one here dats a easy gain

there are so many people that try to cram into a tuesday night parking lot bash so why not at a track?

people pay 5$ a week just to have fun and mostly lose

and SF is one of the most needy places for a track
Old 05-31-2004, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Yes I agree bay area is needy of a permanent track but do you honestly know how much land costs around here. Look at this from HIS propective. He can either potentionally make a lot and live in a hellhole & pay lots for space/land OR he can make just under what he'd make in SF in a MUCH nicer area AND pay less for space/land....Much better for him, he makes more money AND him and family are happier

I applaud you from being open minded and asking racers were they live (basically) and if they need one or not.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by regg151
OK maybe i'm outta the loop but what 3 tracks in brooklyn?? only one i'm aware of is Floyd Bennet Field and thats not anywhere near being a permanent track, The track over by whitestone in the bronx is in a movie theater parking lot no other that i'm aware of and the 2 tracks I know of in LI are mainly electric since willis stoped running the races out at the colledge parking lot and the track at farmingdale only runs nitro in the summer.
didn't know you were talking about nitro.....
but electric touring is really popular around here.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

a san diego track would be very much needed. I hear a lot of guys sayin' 45 miles, or 60 miles to the nearest track.. I WISH !. SoCal is the nearest permanent track, which is OC area, way far from where I'm at (South San Diego) we get Hitec in Poway once a year, escondido (an hour away) twice a year, and after that, it's all fountain valley, or whatnot. I used to race at Hobby central, but the firehoses don't hold cars on track very well. Other than that, San Diego has nothing more than a bunch of friends blocking a residential street w/ cones and racing there. Want a monopolized track?? Go to San Diego.. you'd be the only onroad permanent track here.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would be all for seeing a permanent on-road nitro friendly track in Northern California, but I can see where rctrackman is coming from. Real estate up here is becoming a joke. I'm not sure how the housing market is in the bay area (I understand it's finally starting to improve), but Sacramento, Roseville, and even my home town area of Yuba City is getting pretty costly. Still I think much of it's cheaper than the bay area.

Speaking of the bay area, what about Petaluma/Santa Rosa or some other place in Napa or Sonoma County? That seems like it would be a decent location (but once again, I have no idea what real estate is like there).

I'd say if you couldn't do the San Francisco area, I would try the north bay. It seems like it's a short enough shot from many points. You could attract peeps from SF, East Bay, Oakland/Berkeley, Sacramento, Vallejo, Fairfield and many other areas. It's a good hub without having to deal with San Francisco proper.

Cheers!
Chris
Old 06-05-2004, 12:20 PM
Tech Rookie

well all i can say is u dont need one in central li lol carpet track- 20 min away, off-road 25 min and both indoor the thing u have to know is if u do indoor nitro in winter to get the nitro out of the place ur gonna bring alot of cold air in which a very high heat bill my local off-road truck indoor does not run nitro in winter..
Old 06-06-2004, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

rctrackman whats ur options?

is SF still open?

or mayb some near by cities like daly city
or san carlos
Old 06-19-2004, 12:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Come here to Virginia Beach, Virginia. Our city really has only 2 dedicated rc shops, and the other one is moving out of the city in july. When that shop moves there is only one carpet track left, and maybe a onroad when ever they pave the parking lot. So really not alot of competition, but we need anther shop and good race tracks in a city that is filled with rc nuts.
Old 06-19-2004, 06:52 PM
Tech Addict

at least u have a track
Old 07-14-2004, 04:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Default track location

how about williamsport pa. we only have 2 shops. 1 is part time, the other is good. the only track we have here is an indoor off road. no onroad anywhere. i can think of at least three places where you could have both on road and off road in the same building. let me know if you need more info.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

Definitely consider central NJ!!! The garden state is just itching for a track! There is 1 hobbyshop 30 miles from me, and they just stock, lionel trains, models, and a few nitro rustlers, and thats about it! No parts support what so ever. Listen to Chris! There are absolutely no onroad indoor or outdoor tracks around here, or any halfway decent hobbyshops, stay away from the left coast, they got enough tracks and hobbyshops as is! RCX is held every year out there, and so are the most competitive tracks in the country! Plus they have easy upkeep because of the dry hot weather. The tri state needs a decent track, i'm sick of having to drive 50 miles to a mall parkin lot to run nitros around some street lights Anything on the east coast, NY/NJ area, will do wonders, plus there are about a dozen trains leading from trenton, NJ to NYC, and pennsylvania, and philly! Easy commuting too! And leave it to us east coasters, when word goes around of a new hobbyshop or track, it spreads faster than a mrx3 with a jp fx21 on 40 percent nitro...btw, where in central nj are u chris? i'm by trenton, whatta ya run?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.