R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 05-01-2004, 06:11 PM   #16
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via AIM to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via Yahoo to DOMOisCOOL

Quote:
Originally posted by GReddy
please open one if san francisco there are no tracks here at all

and there are many off road and on road racers here just wating for a place to race
Ill second that. I have to go at least 40 miles to race
DOMOisCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 03:37 AM   #17
Tech Apprentice

I do agree there is a gap in the SF bay area rc scene, coming from Michigan where there were 19 tracks within a 3 hour circle, on and offroad, I'd have to say this is the most disappointing area known to man,, and the only reason I say that is the population density and r/c enthusiast number around here is fairly high, but I think it's more of an organizational problem with the area.. and no one here wants to put something together, the few stores I know of are just rtr whores.. simply put.. If you have extensive knowledge and are a good people person, all you'd have to do is open the doors and you'd be completely set with as many people that are in this area, and thats just from positive referals from people that walk in.. most anyone here in the area only has bad things to say about the stores that are around. I honestly can't think of a store that I've heard anything positive about.
I know the few stores that are in this area are lacking in one or more of about 5 things,,,,, product/inventory, customer service, specialty ordering, product know-how, the want to help, enthusiasm.... in other words if you're not from california people will seem slow and lazy... so it'd be like taking candy from,, well you get it..

If this gentleman were to consider the bay area for an offroad/onroad track , consider the business district of richmond, real estate would be more cost effective and still within 20 minutes of the central SF-Bay area,, 2 birds one stone,,,,

I know he could pull national events and regionals, easy, I've spoken with some of my accounts throughout the years and I'd be more than happy to gather manufacturer sponsors for events, (who have already expressed interest in just these things), series races and annual events,,,, but again the stores that I've spoken with about this , just plain suk balls... and dont care about facilitating the things they sell...

weird ,, but the mentality here just doesnt make sense ...

Domo ,, I run offroad 3 times a week and onroad 2 times a week,, I've never seen any of the cars you've posted,, when and where do you race? if not you wanna sell that 7.5?
Lates!!

-Will-
www.WilzWerx.com
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 03:40 AM   #18
Tech Apprentice

DeltaRC.com offroad and onroad.....
yes its not very close but desperation does do weird things,,,

-Will-
www.WilzWerx.com

Quote:
Originally posted by GReddy
please open one if san francisco there are no tracks here at all

and there are many off road and on road racers here just wating for a place to race
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 12:59 PM   #19
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via AIM to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via Yahoo to DOMOisCOOL

Quote:
Originally posted by Will
DeltaRC.com offroad and onroad.....
yes its not very close but desperation does do weird things,,,

-Will-
www.WilzWerx.com
Will, you have a PM.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:36 PM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to GReddy

yes like they said san francisco is a good place to start

if u do come my mom is a realtor and could help u find good grounds if u need it
GReddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 08:29 PM   #21
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Will , Nice Paintwork !!! I may have to talk to you about a body or 2 or 4 or....

The prospect of esablishing something in or around San Fran is interesting. I'll continue to do some research on the area and the local RC community. GReddy, I may ask you to have your Mom get in touch with me. If not her, maybe she can suggest someone who's very familiar with commercial properties around there. I'm also going to get in touch with the Parks & Recreation dept. I'll let you know if anything interesting comes out of that.

I'm pretty much an electric touring car guy......do you guy's feel the interest is more with on road or off road?? How about indoors vs. outdoors. 1/10scale or Micros?? Electric or Nitro?? Where do you guy's buy your stuff from now?? Local shops or internet?? Name names...I'm curious to know who's offering you the best service.

Sure would be nice to see Ft. Funston again!! Thanks all !!
rctrackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 08:38 PM   #22
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by rctrackman
Hey Will , Nice Paintwork !!! I may have to talk to you about a body or 2 or 4 or....

The prospect of esablishing something in or around San Fran is interesting. I'll continue to do some research on the area and the local RC community. GReddy, I may ask you to have your Mom get in touch with me. If not her, maybe she can suggest someone who's very familiar with commercial properties around there. I'm also going to get in touch with the Parks & Recreation dept. I'll let you know if anything interesting comes out of that.

I'm pretty much an electric touring car guy......do you guy's feel the interest is more with on road or off road?? How about indoors vs. outdoors. 1/10scale or Micros?? Electric or Nitro?? Where do you guy's buy your stuff from now?? Local shops or internet?? Name names...I'm curious to know who's offering you the best service.

Sure would be nice to see Ft. Funston again!! Thanks all !!
It's mostly on-road over here. 1/10 Electric/Nitro sedans. We have tons of good hobby shops but we need a track.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:40 PM   #23
Tech Addict

right now i buy my stuff at r/c shoppe and r/c tech (daly city, richmond district areas)

im most intreasted in electric on and off road (mostly off) and all my friends lik off road more also

but soon i will get into nitro off road and mayb get a nitro on road after
Old 05-08-2004, 09:27 PM   #24
Tech Master

We need one around the SAN JOSE area.......which is about 45 miles from San Fran.

I have to travel literally 60 miles to the closest permanent track....The area really needs a permanent track. Make it easy to get to...(ie: Close to a VTA or Caltrain stop) because some of us less fortunate members of the R/C community have no real car/ride. Plus in San Jose there is plenty of land along the light-rail route....I see it all in the window on my way to Gilroy
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 12:02 AM   #25
Tech Addict

i thought that san jose had a track called HOBBY WORLD

number is (408) 873-2109

san jose, california 95129
Old 05-09-2004, 11:18 AM   #26
Tech Master

Thats not even really San Jose....thats out there and hard to get to EDIT: Its in Cupertino :P

Plus, Thats offroad and they barely have adaquite power

Last edited by The Black Kat; 05-14-2004 at 02:15 PM.
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 08:27 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Another vote for Virginia... central Virgina. Open up an indoor carpet/asphault track and you'll have a ton of people showing up.
JusBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 08:55 AM   #28
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

NEED PERFECT SPOT????

OPEN INDOOR TRACK IN THE BOROUGHS OF NEW YORK CITY. IF YOU MAKE IT AN INDOOR TRACK FOR NITRO YOU WILL BE THE RICHEST MAN ALIVE. WINTERS ARE COLD HERE, PEOPLE ARE ITCHING TO RUN IN THE WINTER. SOME POOR DESPERATE PEOPLE RUN IN 20 DEGREE WEATHER JUST TO RUN!!!
brooklynrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 05:24 PM   #29
Tech Addict

or you could always some to SF and make a off road track

so much ppl here play rc and so many more want a place to be able to run it
Old 05-17-2004, 05:44 PM   #30
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

see places like sf are always warm. you guys can run your cars year round. in ny u can run ur car from like aril-sept may be oct. indoor nitro track will do some justice n new york. we dont even have good indoor electric tracks around here. thers like 2 in long island and the rest are upstate. there is nothing in the boroughs of new york city.
brooklynrc is offline   Reply With Quote