Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Full Throttle RC  Boonsboro MD. >

Full Throttle RC Boonsboro MD.

Full Throttle RC Boonsboro MD.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 338lapua09
It was good to see alot of new guys giving the track a try that have never done anything like that before and were doing better than they thought im sure .I hope those guys that were having the usual problems dont give up there is plenty of help here if needed

OH that was me lolol man I need to practice
Same here I need practice too but man that track flows nice once I learn how to stay on it will be even better but when I did keep on it it was sweet and I was hittin those jumps nice that BajR body from JC Concepts makes the Slash glide through the air nice and level I think I'm puttin that body on my Hyper 10SC and maybe I'll get one for the Jammin SCRT10 too because that body don't trap the air and as windy as it was the Slash was nice and level all in all the track is sweet no doubt about that I'm glad FTRC is my home track is all I can say
Old 05-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I stopped by the track real quick. Lookin' real nice! Super happy to see you all putting so much work into this.

Quick Q for you all - what do you all think is going to be the most competitive / popular class?

I ask because I've been out of RC for a while (YEARS) but itching to get back in, so when I saw a local offroad track I figured I'd check it out. If I can swing it financially long term, this definately looks like the track to make home.

I used to complete with all 1/10 electric (buggy/truck) - but really interested in getting into some of the SC truck stuff. Looks like that's really picking up? Are SC trucks in ROAR competitions? Losi make a decent SC truck? (I've always favored Losi stuff..).

So how long was I out??

Here was the car that was being run just as I was getting out:
aedownloads.com/pdf/detroitrc10.pdf (add h t t p - I can't link yet)

That's the 1991 World's car.. Masami Hirosaka. So to do some quick math.. I see I have an old tool box filled with 20 year old bottles of Team Losi Performance Shock Oils, VRP diff lube, 20 year old motors, SCR batteries, the works. Can I sell it as vintage on EBay?? HAHA I have no idea where my Losi XX ended up.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

get a slash or kyosho utima sc and have some fun
Old 05-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Well whatever you buy don't get the losi strike Losi dropped the ball on the shortcourse trucks there already discountinueing it if you want something good do as killa B said get a slash or any of the other makers are all pretty nice just don't go with the Losi strike hopefully Losi will take another wack at it but there first try was a bust for sure and yea at our Track the shortcourse is looking pretty good along with Truggy and it also looks like Buggy is going to do well but if shortcourse is what you thinking of go for it I know most of us at FTRC have and will be racing them 2wd and 4wd there's lots of Slashes a few Jammin SCRT10 And 1 Hyper 10SC I know of for sure at our fun run I seen a blitz and I know a couple guys had the SC10s last year so no matter what one you decide to go with there will be plenty of room for your truck to run either way your going to have a blast racing at FTRC it's a good group of guys that just keeps getting bigger so come on out before you know it it will be like you've been hanging out with everyone for years it really is a great bunch of guys
Old 05-11-2010, 04:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

Originally Posted by goehm
I stopped by the track real quick. Lookin' real nice! Super happy to see you all putting so much work into this.

Quick Q for you all - what do you all think is going to be the most competitive / popular class?

I ask because I've been out of RC for a while (YEARS) but itching to get back in, so when I saw a local offroad track I figured I'd check it out. If I can swing it financially long term, this definately looks like the track to make home.

I used to complete with all 1/10 electric (buggy/truck) - but really interested in getting into some of the SC truck stuff. Looks like that's really picking up? Are SC trucks in ROAR competitions? Losi make a decent SC truck? (I've always favored Losi stuff..).

So how long was I out??

Here was the car that was being run just as I was getting out:
aedownloads.com/pdf/detroitrc10.pdf (add h t t p - I can't link yet)

That's the 1991 World's car.. Masami Hirosaka. So to do some quick math.. I see I have an old tool box filled with 20 year old bottles of Team Losi Performance Shock Oils, VRP diff lube, 20 year old motors, SCR batteries, the works. Can I sell it as vintage on EBay?? HAHA I have no idea where my Losi XX ended up.
Hope to see you at the track turning some laps soon
Old 05-11-2010, 05:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

Originally Posted by thebatman
Picked up some parts at Hagerstown Moped today and told them we had a good turnout and a fun day on Saturday. They said around 5 of their customers were supposed to be coming over so hopefully they made it. I know there were lots of new faces so it's very possible they were there. Let's keep the good momentum going!
Yes there good guys they will be seeing a lot of me. Wish they would stock some 1/8 scale parts going to talk to them soon as I can make it out there.Looks like Hobby Town is interested in stocking some 1/8 scale parts "they said make a list" of what we use the first thing on my list is BYRONS FULE thats a must once you run byrons you never change back it ROCKS
Old 05-11-2010, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I put a little shot of Byrons 2500 in my coffee on race day.Helps me get jacked up so i can be TQ .Yeah it makes me pee fire but it's worth it.
Attached Thumbnails Full Throttle RC  Boonsboro MD.-picture-175.jpg  

Last edited by blacksunshine; 05-11-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by goehm

I'd agree that we seem to have a strong showing this year for Short Course 2WD and also some 4WD emerging. Nitro Truggy and Electric Buggy see as though they will also be big classes.

For Short Course 2WD the Traxxas Slash and HPI Blitz seem to be the most popular around the web and are noted for being durable. The new Kyosho Ultima is getting very good reviews. The Associated SC10 has many fans as well but is known to be a little more difficult to get "dialed in" for the track. I believe they have a revised version for 2010 that includes some changes to address this.

Looking forward to seeing you and rubbing fenders!
Old 05-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Alf, when you talk to hagerstown moped, tell them 25% byrons gen 2. They stock 20%, but you would have to re-break in your motors to switch fuels. I would definitely buy a gallon. I think I have enough for this weekend, hopefully.

Thanks, Mike
Old 05-11-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ALF420
I no G works a full time job & runs a track what would be the best time for me to call him?? AM or PM and should I call the store # THANK YOU Robin I will give him a call just let me no what time is a good time for me to call THANKS
G IS OFF ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY FROM THE JAIL, AND HE IS HERE AT THE SHOP THEN.
YOU CAN PROBABLY CATCH HIM HERE, AT THE SHOP, TOMORROW ABOUT 10 AM, OR YOU CAN CALL AND SPEAK WITH ME BETWEEN SHOP HOURS 12-7.
(SAME HOURS FOR FRIDAY)
ROBIN
Old 05-11-2010, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default Awesome - thanks guys

Looks like we need to get a dedicated forum going on the Full Throttle website!
Old 05-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikal
Alf, when you talk to hagerstown moped, tell them 25% byrons gen 2. They stock 20%, but you would have to re-break in your motors to switch fuels. I would definitely buy a gallon. I think I have enough for this weekend, hopefully.

Thanks, Mike
hey mike was just over there and picked up some fuel last week and they had all flavors and plenty of it

see you at the track Rodger
Old 05-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 338lapua09
hey mike was just over there and picked up some fuel last week and they had all flavors and plenty of it

see you at the track Rodger
I called and they told me they only stock 20%, I'll have to ride over there and check it out.
Mike
Old 05-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

well the 30% was next to the 20% unless they had a run on it
Old 05-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Everybody is running 25% Roger did you mess up again

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.