Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Full Throttle RC Boonsboro MD.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How long are your 1/8 Nitro buggy,truggy A-mains 20-30 min?
Old 07-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

they have been 12 minutes
Old 07-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ALF420
The surface looks GREAT just didn't see that 80ft elevation change or the stairs or the Daytona turn that guys have been telling me about so they have 2 tracks and the video ONLY show the SC track if you have any of the 1/8 scale post them up THANKS
That video is the 1/8 scale track, it's just not that great of a video where you can see the actual size. All lanes on track are 12 ft wide. G's are 10ft. Not sure what yours are. They normally practice on Tuesday nights, so if you have extra time, it might be worth your trip to check it out. Those lap times are a running at full throttle on 65% of the track too. It's that big that you can run full throttle through most the track and I am not talking about gearing down either and doing it. Also notice that the camera is zoomed in most of the time to even get the vehicles in some sort of view.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Here's a video...stock short course class. The quality is pretty bad, as well as the filming. It'd be better on the stand, but during the races, especially the past weekend of racing, it was very packed. Anyway, here it is. I'll get the other videos up... Including: Mod SCT, Truggy, and Buggy mains.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Addict

thanks for filming and putting the videos up
Old 07-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ww29
they have been 12 minutes
Thanks any chance on getting them up to min of 15 minutes?
Old 07-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default Question about SC Stock

Hey guys - now that the RTR brushless kits are out I'm closer to finally buying some gear! I have some questions about your SC stock class ... is it spec? Do you care about battery / motor as long as it's either out of an RTR truck or 17.5 turn?

What do you think about the following to get me rolling:

Team Associated SC10 2WD Brushless Race Truck Kit
- Probably will buy ball diff upgrade.. does this matter for your stock class?
(2) ZIPPY Flightmax 4000mAh 2S 25C LiPo Batteries (4000mAg 25C ok? what are the popular battery types??)
Hyperion EOS 0606I AC/DC Charger

Also - what tires do ya'll run typically? Goose Bump?

Thanks for any tips/input - Gary
Old 07-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by goehm
Hey guys - now that the RTR brushless kits are out I'm closer to finally buying some gear! I have some questions about your SC stock class ... is it spec? Do you care about battery / motor as long as it's either out of an RTR truck or 17.5 turn?

(2) ZIPPY Flightmax 4000mAh 2S 25C LiPo Batteries (4000mAg 25C ok? what are the popular battery types??)

Hmm, i'm not sure about your SC10. What turn will the motor be out of the box? If it is infact, 17.5t, I don't think they'd have a problem letting you run in spec class. However, if it's faster, you'll probably be placed in the Mod class. As for popular battery types, you're right on. Anything from Hobbyking is generally really popular. They're simply, affordable, and effective! If you run in stock class, you must use stock tires. They can be from any kit, as long as they come in the box. I used to race spec short course, and I recommend the Slash tires, as they are the best all around tire. However, they use a 12mmm hex, and the SC10 uses a pin. You may be a bit limited there in stock class. However, if you jump up to mod, I recommend either AKA Enduros, or Proline Calibers in the M3 compound. Don't bother with super soft when it's this warm out in the summer. It will result in premature tire wear. Soft will be just fine. Any questions? Let me know
Old 07-14-2010, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Thanks for the info! Motor out of the box? Good question - all I can see is that it's a 'Reedy 3300kV Brushless motor', model ASC916. Haven't found turn equivalents in my web searches...

Spec SHOULD be easy, because if it comes in the RTR box it should be good to go. Right? But when the box CHANGES (when they went brushless) - it got a little more confusing for me. UGgh. Hopefully the ASC916 is a 17.5T brushless equivalent??
Old 07-14-2010, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info! Motor out of the box? Good question - all I can see is that it's a 'Reedy 3300kV Brushless motor', model ASC916. Haven't found turn equivalents in my web searches...

Spec SHOULD be easy, because if it comes in the RTR box it should be good to go. Right? But when the box CHANGES (when they went brushless) - it got a little more confusing for me. UGgh. Hopefully the ASC916 is a 17.5T brushless equivalent??
Well, since it is 3300kv, that would be faster than a stock motor. I'm not to familiar with 1/10 scale stuff, but I owned a VXL motor (3500kv) and that was much, much faster than a stock SCT. Normally, if you bought the original SC10, with the Reedy 17T ( Correct me if I am wrong) you'd be good in stock class. However, this motor is a good deal faster, and I believe due to this, you would be placed in mod class.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have seen 17.5 run in the associated and they are far from spec. A 21.5 is equivalent to the stock motors from our testing this past winter. If you follow the same rules as G's the ball diff is not allowed there. The ball diff is a significant performance advantage the actually helps with rear traction.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Here are the current rules for Stock Short Course that are listed on our website. These are subject to change as we see how things develop but for now this is what you can go by.

1/10 Scale Short Course 2WD "Stock"
Limited to the stock motor from any brand of 2WD Short Course truck OR any brand of ROAR APPROVED "spec" 17.5 turn brushless motor and ESC. Limit of 7cell NIMH/NICD or 2S LIPO battery. Aftermarket tires and RPM parts are allowed.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tyler350
Here's a video...stock short course class. The quality is pretty bad, as well as the filming. It'd be better on the stand, but during the races, especially the past weekend of racing, it was very packed. Anyway, here it is. I'll get the other videos up... Including: Mod SCT, Truggy, and Buggy mains.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Thanks for working on the videos! Any video is usually better than no video. I've added this one to the Videos page of the FTRC site and will add the others once you have them uploaded.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

goehm use the enduros soft on your sc10
Old 07-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Here is mod short course 4x4. Uploading Truggy now, and then buggy.

+ YouTube Video

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.