Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
wilmington ohio  I-71 exit 45 offroad track >

wilmington ohio I-71 exit 45 offroad track

wilmington ohio I-71 exit 45 offroad track

Old 02-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Count me in for short course and 2wd mod buggy

What days are you going to be running, I can't really do weekends during the summer
Old 02-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

I think you should continue to do friday nights. Towards the end of the season we were having 40+ entries. And other tracks are going to be running on saturdays this summer so I think friday nights are going to be best.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

matt, let me know when you start to work on the track, i'd love to come help out.... preping the track will be just as fun as racing after being stuck inside for the last 5 months!

friday nights were great, but i know alot of the wed night guys (including myself) were unable to do weekends due to work/family, so don't forget about us poor saps!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

wed would be great for us
Old 02-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default covered

Originally Posted by AMorgan
He speaks! Thanks for the update, Matt. I know a bunch of us are chomping at the bit to get some outdoor running in.

Looks like I'm covered for everything but 1/10 truck.
Well you work at a hobbyshop take care of that issue! LOLOL
Old 02-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bigdaddyquale
I've ben listening. some dudes were runnin sunday morning but the track is closed till it drys out I think it was frozen sunday lol.hopefully in a couple more weeks we will be ready to go and classes?? open sct, sportsman sct, nitro buggy, sportsman nitro buggy, 1/10 scale truck (10.5 or equivelent)open 2 wheel
what are the brushless car kits offered as far as coming with a 10.5 or 13.5 or 17.5 brushless? I know the 17.5/27T brushed are compairable., but haven't researched the brushless kits to help promote spec or entry level class?
Old 02-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Only the AE cars can you get brushless rtr and the traxxas slash vxl. Those motors are like 10.5 or better as far as I have read, I have ran the VXL system and it is more powerful than a sportsman needs. Maybe you could figure out a spec gearing for those trucks to tame them down for sportsman.

I know the factory runs 13.5 as stock, but with the hot speedo's the 13.5 is pretty fast. Overall I think alot of the systems are too fast, maybe a 13.5 no boost or 17.5 no boost would be the ticket, I know tekin speedo's you can turn off the boost, and all the older gtb's, havoc's, lrp shpere and such would make a pretty well rounded power setup with the 13.5
Old 02-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bigemike
Only the AE cars can you get brushless rtr and the traxxas slash vxl. Those motors are like 10.5 or better as far as I have read, I have ran the VXL system and it is more powerful than a sportsman needs. Maybe you could figure out a spec gearing for those trucks to tame them down for sportsman.

I know the factory runs 13.5 as stock, but with the hot speedo's the 13.5 is pretty fast. Overall I think alot of the systems are too fast, maybe a 13.5 no boost or 17.5 no boost would be the ticket, I know tekin speedo's you can turn off the boost, and all the older gtb's, havoc's, lrp shpere and such would make a pretty well rounded power setup with the 13.5
I'm would like to see a 17.5 motor limit. I ran 14 laps twice with a 13.5 but I don't know how the 17.5 would be on the track as far as ability to clear some of the jumps etc... but then again it would be the same for everyone.
I would like to see the emphasis go back to setup and driving rather than who has the hottest download to the speedo this week. Heck back in the day it was who had the hottest Voltage packs but with lipo's that has leveled the playing field.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

There's no point in making a spec motor class.

How about stock SC10 or Slash tires, and you can use as much motor as you want?

Just sayin'...if you want to spec it up, you can do damn near anything you want still when you have motors. If you have a spec TIRE class it won't matter what motor you're running.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Scott, believe me, I've thought about it. I want an RT-5 pretty bad, but am still spending money on the new 1/8 scale. I'm having way too much fun tweaking on that. We'll have to see how my work bonus and taxes end up. I need a table and easy up this season too...

Is it spring yet!?
Old 02-27-2011, 07:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AMorgan
Scott, believe me, I've thought about it. I want an RT-5 pretty bad, but am still spending money on the new 1/8 scale. I'm having way too much fun tweaking on that. We'll have to see how my work bonus and taxes end up. I need a table and easy up this season too...

Is it spring yet!?
Table and easy up, heck with all the vehicles you have you might need a trailer! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Spec tires forget it! count me out, tires are the least of the worries, limit the motor and the the racing come down to driving setup, Why limit the ability of the due to tires, limit the H.P. and milk the setup for everything it's worth. My two cents
Old 02-27-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The spec classes never works out. Look how well and how long the spec sct class lasted. And everyone one has their own idea of what spec should be and then they get bent out of shape if it's different. I personally have bought all the vehicles I am going to to accommodate any certain class. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by Twisted Nitro
The spec classes never works out. Look how well and how long the spec sct class lasted. And everyone one has their own idea of what spec should be and then they get bent out of shape if it's different. I personally have bought all the vehicles I am going to to accommodate any certain class. Just my 2 cents.
+1
Old 02-27-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SMZR2
Table and easy up, heck with all the vehicles you have you might need a trailer! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Spec tires forget it! count me out, tires are the least of the worries, limit the motor and the the racing come down to driving setup, Why limit the ability of the due to tires, limit the H.P. and milk the setup for everything it's worth. My two cents
But if you limit the tires it's down to driving
Old 02-27-2011, 03:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default wed and friday night

hey guys it'll be the same wed and friday nights wed will be open sct and friday we'll run open SCT and (SPORTSMAN) SCT WOULD LOVE TO Plan some weekend races as well this year but I need steves schedule and i am still waiting on last years schedule lol sportsman sct will be sct turned down to as fast as they come outta the box(13.5 to 10.5) if its to fast i'll ask you to back it off everybody has EPA on their radio.sportsman is for the average guy if you win sportsman two weeks in a row I'm gonna move you to open sct, in two weeks I may move you back.tires everybody has em and my track won't wear them out, and they all work resonably well so run whatever tires you want in open or sportsman sct

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.