R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 12-21-2010, 06:17 PM   #901
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default 10.5 or 8.5

I'm leaning towards the 8.5. the 13.5 I bought for sportsman class but it seems like there is no one running that. Looks like Tekin is getting ready to release a new line of motors so I might hold out for a new one and pick up a used or discount 10.5.

13.5 just dosen't have enought squirt for me! I'm always waiting on the truck to catch up with want i want it to do! I guess more test and tuning can't wait to get back on Matts track and see what kind of damange can be done with a 8.5 or 10.5. I know 15 laps is out there on the present track just need some more motor and a smaller pinion! LOLOL
SMZR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:24 PM   #902
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Whatever you do don't talk to Adam at hobbytown about whether or not to get a tekin.. He always talks people into the most expensive things to buy! ( JUST KIDDING ADAM! inside joke)

Serpent - Desoto Racing - Picco - AKA - Hitec - RC Addictions Products - Tekin - VRP - Avid RC - SMC - MIP - SkipGear - The Ohio RC Factory
Quad Racer 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:52 AM   #903
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Hey guys not to thread jack but, I am getting out of this hobby unfortunately. I was scammed by another member on here, sold him a b4 he claimed to never receive and I have found a thread of him trying to trade it. So I want to offer my stuff up to a more local person so that things work smoother. I can send as many pics of anything that anyone is interested in. I have a Ve8 with a mmp and tekin 2050 and a kershaw designs 4s lipo, a HPI sprint 2 I turned in to a drift car, has a sidewinder and traxxas velionion(sp) motor. Both have a specktrum rx. Also have a traxxas slayer that has a newer 3.3 and In have the old 3.3 ill throw in, slayer needs a spur gear tho. If anyone is interested shoot me some prices. PM me or text/call 8598160688 I work evenings so its best to call after 3pm.
microdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:23 AM   #904
Tech Apprentice

Does any one know if The Factory will be open this Sunday Dec. 26?
currj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:28 AM   #905
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34 View Post
Whatever you do don't talk to Adam at hobbytown about whether or not to get a tekin.. He always talks people into the most expensive things to buy! ( JUST KIDDING ADAM! inside joke)
bite me. j/k LOL

Adam's alright, I'm just a cheap-ass and sometimes just an ass but at least I can take a joke
Duratraxx Vendetta SC Hobbywing 25A ESC, Tacon 4300KV motor
Driver86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:33 AM   #906
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34 View Post
Coming from carpet or wherever you came from, a SHORT COURSE TRUCK is not going to STICK to the track. Short Course trucks are supposed to have a little bit of wheel spin here and there lol. Its not going to be like driving an on road car or anything. Just be patient with it and have fun. Watch my truck next time at the track. I slide around every corner with my slash AND 1/8 scale. Just steer through the corner like the 1:1 trucks do in real life. You can't grab a handful of throttle coming out of the corner and expect the truck to go straight and not spin out.
Well you see, that's just it. I've driven other people's Slashes and Blitz's and they drove great, loved them. This truck just drives like shit. I've tried about every setup change out there aside from the toe-in hubs. You've driven the truck, Jason drove it and a couple of others. The general consensus is that this truck is not right. I'm not as bad as this truck makes me look. I'm going to spend the winter tweaking with it at that place on Kemper.

FYI, I was driving touring cars before.

I'm sure it's in the setup but it shouldn't be this damn hard to get it driving right. There's a point when you just give up and go a different direction. After all, the definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over expecting different results.
Duratraxx Vendetta SC Hobbywing 25A ESC, Tacon 4300KV motor
Driver86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:56 AM   #907
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hahaha, I'm not just the president of the selling really expensive stuff club... I'm also a member.

I agree with John and Dylan. If Scott can take an SC10 and find 14 laps on the track with an SC10, anyone can with enough driving ability (of which Scott apparently has in droves). If someone had a better setup on a Slash or Blitz, it should outhandle the SC10. I know you've been through a lot of setups, but I'm curious how scientifically you went through the setups. Not trying to call anyone out, but I've gotten my butt whooped by an SC10 and spent the whole race having Scott complaining that he needs more motor. And this is with a truck Dylan admitted was extremely hooked up.

Anywho... I'm needing some racing soon... I wish I didn't work Sundays so I could go to the factory.
AMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:46 PM   #908
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

CARTOON NETWORK
Twisted Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #909
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Nitro View Post
CARTOON NETWORK
i'm laughing, and i'm not even sure why?!?!?!?!?!?
Racing at www.CCRCR.net
2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #910
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Brett did you know you can watch cartoons on that channel?
Twisted Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #911
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Nitro View Post
Brett did you know you can watch cartoons on that channel?
i find it difficult to look at anything other than your avatar !

insanity takes it's toll...please have exact change
bpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #912
Tech Addict

Default SC10

Already purchased a TekinPro 13.5 combo it's amazing what you can find on RC tech net for sale. NIB was about 100 off retail pricing. Couldn't pass it up.

Adam,
Your truck didn't look bad the last time we raced I think it just comes down to getting the truck consistent and not wrecking.
The last time I raced was TC and if you wrecked forget it!
I set my own goals to be able to run 7 min without a wreck. If I get the truck out of shape, then back off correct, and get back on the race line.
I will share any of my setups with anyone at anytime. The better the competition when U race the faster you push yourself to make your truck handle.
In TC it came down to .10 a lap that would decide if you where going to make the A or the C or D and how consitent you could get the car!

One thing I miss now is the Novice class and seeing kids grow and get better and helping them learn how to work on the cars. This generation of RC racers have become dependent on the RTR cars and have no Idea on how to work, repair, or even change the car and learn what the changes do.

Heck Tony and I used to make our own Transmissions, chassis, Suspension arms etc... to get them to do what we want them to do.
but that was WAYYYY back in RC buggy World days!
Heck,
I can Remember whe Jesse was in the way and a backmarker at
Full Throttle raceway! ( If you can believe That!)
Old 12-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #913
Tech Addict

Default Parts

Guys,
If anyone is interested I have a set Factory Team Blue Turnbuckle set for an SC10 never used for sale, Factory Rims, one set of Fatory tires, and a Used Team T4 turnbuckle set for sale. I also have a set of Steering bearings for a SC10 Drop me a message if interested.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:32 AM   #914
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by currj10 View Post
Does any one know if The Factory will be open this Sunday Dec. 26?
yes
Old 12-23-2010, 10:52 AM   #915
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Racer View Post
yes
Electric?
currj10 is offline   Reply With Quote