R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 12-20-2010, 06:22 PM   #886
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMZR2 View Post
O.k. Looking into a faster Mod motor For SC10 class. 13.5 is just isn't enought for Matts track for me so what do you guys think a 10.5 or 8.5 for running at the factory and CRCRC?

what are most of the guys running in open class at the factory?
The new Castle Side Winder SCT kit is awesome! I have it and its plenty of power. Its not stupid fast either. I've been running it at the factory and it tons of speed and power and never gets hot. Barely warm. Stormer has them for 95 bucks I would grab one.

Serpent - Desoto Racing - Picco - AKA - Hitec - RC Addictions Products - Tekin - VRP - Avid RC - SMC - MIP - SkipGear - The Ohio RC Factory
Quad Racer 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:16 PM   #887
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What are you guys running for motors up at rockfieldadventures? We have 17.5 and 13.5 and the stock brush crap the trucks came with. I would imagine 13.5 would be a bit much.

Does anyone know if the track is open on the 26th? Would like to come up and check it out.

Thanks...
Old 12-20-2010, 07:21 PM   #888
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog xxx-s View Post
What are you guys running for motors up at rockfieldadventures? We have 17.5 and 13.5 and the stock brush crap the trucks came with. I would imagine 13.5 would be a bit much.

Does anyone know if the track is open on the 26th? Would like to come up and check it out.

Thanks...
you can pretty much run anything there... to put it into perspective, the only "race" we had last night was all in. about 8 sct, 1 2wd buggy, and 3 1/8th scale! guess what won????

as for the 26th, i asked him and he said he would be there.... i hope to get there!

+1 for the sidewinder SCT! i couldn't be happier. just enough power/speed and runs cool! had mine a couple months now with no problems.... and at <$100, it's a steal!
Racing at www.CCRCR.net
2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #889
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfunk66 View Post
Just ordered myself a FT SC10 for xmas too.. Can't wait to build it up! Anybody want to buy a slash lcg roller and/or some mounted slash rear offset tires?
HA! i just got a blitz! i was wondering how long it'd take for everyone to move up from the slash's.....

so, what are you getting, dylan????
Racing at www.CCRCR.net
Old 12-20-2010, 07:28 PM   #890
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2680 View Post
HA! i just got a blitz! i was wondering how long it'd take for everyone to move up from the slash's.....

so, what are you getting, dylan????
STRC conversion proline protrac slushster....

Honestly, I like the feel of my protrac lcg slash over the blitz. Me and my brother swapped trucks at the factory and he was even putting down faster laps with my slash lol.

Serpent - Desoto Racing - Picco - AKA - Hitec - RC Addictions Products - Tekin - VRP - Avid RC - SMC - MIP - SkipGear - The Ohio RC Factory
Old 12-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #891
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34 View Post
STRC conversion proline protrac slushster....
oh, i think you'll get the itch to upgrade!!!!

(even tho you could beat most of us with a Strike!)
Racing at www.CCRCR.net
Old 12-20-2010, 07:45 PM   #892
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

[QUOTE=2680;8369997]you can pretty much run anything there... to put it into perspective, the only "race" we had last night was all in. about 8 sct, 1 2wd buggy, and 3 1/8th scale! guess what won????

I know it wasnt a fair fight Brett, but its the only electric I got.. but after running that B4.1. . IM SOLD!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:01 PM   #893
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Led Finger;8370122]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2680 View Post
I know it wasnt a fair fight Brett, but its the only electric I got.. but after running that B4.1. . IM SOLD!
i was cheating a little too, running 4wd! either way, it is a fun place to run when there is snow on the ground!
Racing at www.CCRCR.net
Old 12-21-2010, 05:14 AM   #894
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMZR2 View Post
O.k. Looking into a faster Mod motor For SC10 class. 13.5 is just isn't enought for Matts track for me so what do you guys think a 10.5 or 8.5 for running at the factory and CRCRC?

what are most of the guys running in open class at the factory?
I have a 10.5 and it seems like too much. It's not really about the motor any way. Kevin runs a stock SC10 17T brushed Reedy and consistently beats us all.
Duratraxx Vendetta SC Hobbywing 25A ESC, Tacon 4300KV motor
Driver86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:56 AM   #895
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am going to try to get to rockfield day after x-mas. I have sct, 8ight b e, and a merv. I want to run my sct but slowest motor I have is a 13.5.
ronj18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:23 AM   #896
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Scott... I think you need to take the 1/8 electric mentality considering how well you drive with fast motors. I'd get a 8.5/7.5/6.5 and then turn it down a little at a time until it's as fast as you can drive it.

I looked at a sales report of myself over the last year at HT and I decided I'm not getting a 22... I think the money would be better spent on a 12 step program...
AMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #897
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver86 View Post
I have a 10.5 and it seems like too much. It's not really about the motor any way. Kevin runs a stock SC10 17T brushed Reedy and consistently beats us all.
The stock motor was to much for you let alone the 10.5..... Just messing with u.

I ran a stock motor in my slash all summer last year at Matts track.I had great success with it. But if you know how to handle and control the power of a fast brushless kit why not get it. My brother and I were the last ones to have stock SCT's at Matt's because thats what everyone wanted to run. Now everyone is going brushless. lol. No one wants to run spec anymore.

I'm not sure what turn motor the new Side Winder SCT kit is but its awesome. I know its faster than a 10.5. I've been told its close to a 6.5. I didn't think it was that fast. Its the perfect setup anyone could ever put in a SCT in my opinion.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #898
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34 View Post
The stock motor was to much for you let alone the 10.5..... Just messing with u.
Don't even get me started on that truck..... you've driven it. I'm giving it one more shot using Chris Atteberry's setup with toe-in hub carriers. If it won't stick then, it's gone, so don't be surprised if I show up next spring with a new Slash or Blitz.
Duratraxx Vendetta SC Hobbywing 25A ESC, Tacon 4300KV motor
Driver86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:59 PM   #899
Tech Elite

Quote:
Don't even get me started on that truck..... you've driven it. I'm giving it one more shot using Chris Atteberry's setup with toe-in hub carriers. If it won't stick then, it's gone, so don't be surprised if I show up next spring with a new Slash or Blitz.
Coming from carpet or wherever you came from, a SHORT COURSE TRUCK is not going to STICK to the track. Short Course trucks are supposed to have a little bit of wheel spin here and there lol. Its not going to be like driving an on road car or anything. Just be patient with it and have fun. Watch my truck next time at the track. I slide around every corner with my slash AND 1/8 scale. Just steer through the corner like the 1:1 trucks do in real life. You can't grab a handful of throttle coming out of the corner and expect the truck to go straight and not spin out.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:28 PM   #900
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Switching brands of trucks will not make you a better driver. I don't think you got a defective truck. There is a lot of fast sc10's out there, so I don't think it's the truck. Like Dylan said its not going to be glued to the track when you have a finger full of throttle. It might stick good at the factory,but that would involve going there and trying it first. But be careful someone might not talk to you there.
Twisted Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote