R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 10-12-2011, 04:14 AM   #2356
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 81 (99%+)

Myself and Damon went last night to the track around 6:00. When we got there, there were a couple young ones with some sct's and one of their mothers waiting in her vehicle. Shortly after arriving I noticed I had left something at home, so I left Damon there with our stuff so he could go ahead and run until I came back. While I was gone the older of the two kids was being a total jerk and slammed his foot down on the other kids truck with the body off. Damon said it broke something and the younger kid was very upset and told the other boy he could not afford to replace his truck. I guess the mother then stepped in and took them home. Either way, I am not happy with his overall attitude. Before I had to leave, he was already a bit rude and had a loud sailor mouth. I do not know who these kids were, nor did I catch any names. But I will say that kids like that being there will make me think twice about bringing my daughter to the track
Blacktiger355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:33 AM   #2357
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to SkipGear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktiger355 View Post
Myself and Damon went last night to the track around 6:00. When we got there, there were a couple young ones with some sct's and one of their mothers waiting in her vehicle. Shortly after arriving I noticed I had left something at home, so I left Damon there with our stuff so he could go ahead and run until I came back. While I was gone the older of the two kids was being a total jerk and slammed his foot down on the other kids truck with the body off. Damon said it broke something and the younger kid was very upset and told the other boy he could not afford to replace his truck. I guess the mother then stepped in and took them home. Either way, I am not happy with his overall attitude. Before I had to leave, he was already a bit rude and had a loud sailor mouth. I do not know who these kids were, nor did I catch any names. But I will say that kids like that being there will make me think twice about bringing my daughter to the track
It sounds like an unfortunate event but it is a public place. Matt is nice enough to provide a place that is open to play and practice at. He doesn't have time to babysit everybody that shows up.

It's not the last time you will run into rude and unruly people. Use the oportunity to teach the right way to behave.
SkipGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:38 AM   #2358
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Your right, Matt can't baby sit people but if he sees it happen he can run them off and tell them not to come back. Running that one kid off will help from other people not coming back because of this one kid...I would rather see one jerk go rather than 10 nice people who DON'T want to deal with that crap.

Serpent - Desoto Racing - Picco - AKA - Hitec - RC Addictions Products - Tekin - VRP - Avid RC - SMC - MIP - SkipGear - The Ohio RC Factory
Quad Racer 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:33 AM   #2359
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
But I will say that kids like that being there will make me think twice about bringing my daughter to the track
I can tell you that I have brought my daughter (9) a few times on race nights. We have alway had a good experience and never run into any issues with anyone there. I know a few other that bring their kids and everyone is very respectful around them. I am sure there are a few swear words that are said here and there but nothing too bad.

There is even one boy (Ryan, I think) who is 5 or 6 that races with the adults and seems to have a good time.

Don't let this one experience run you off.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:05 AM   #2360
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Dont let one kid leave a bad taste in your mouth. Matts place is great environment, and the majority of people who race there are very friendly, and respectful.
CarFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:45 AM   #2361
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 81 (99%+)

I am in no way knocking the place or the people, Matt and the others I have met are good people. Trust me I am not offended by a few curse words, but when it is coming from a young child and every other word starts with an F, and his lack of respect for other peoples stuff and the ones around him, it's a little concerning. It will not make me stop coming to practice or race on occasion when I have the time. But my autistic daughter will probably not be.
Blacktiger355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:36 AM   #2362
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34 View Post
Your right, Matt can't baby sit people but if he sees it happen he can run them off and tell them not to come back. Running that one kid off will help from other people not coming back because of this one kid...I would rather see one jerk go rather than 10 nice people who DON'T want to deal with that crap.
+1

SC10, SC10(sons), BE E-REVO, E-REVO(sons), HB ve8, Stampede, Axial Wraith
FLATLINE XTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #2363
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I am in no way knocking the place or the people, Matt and the others I have met are good people. Trust me I am not offended by a few curse words, but when it is coming from a young child and every other word starts with an F, and his lack of respect for other peoples stuff and the ones around him, it's a little concerning. It will not make me stop coming to practice or race on occasion when I have the time. But my autistic daughter will probably not be.

Good we dont want to loose any racers!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #2364
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Anyone know if Matt practicing today?
fey18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #2365
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default practice and the KID

let me check the track out it rained here last night I will let ya know asap.................the kid named Zach is a paid member and he knows I have a (I don't wanna hear kids cussin ) policy I appreciate the heads up I will handle it
Visit us at Clinton County R/C Raceway or ccrcr.net Make sure you mark your callenders for our BIG ONES in 2012 May 26th we host the Ohio State Pro Series July 28th Ohio Outdoor Electric Summer Series and don't forget Friday Nights Under the Lights all summer.
bigdaddyquale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #2366
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T-BirdJunkie Send a message via MSN to T-BirdJunkie

Hey, Matt, didja get that picture I sent ya?
Old 10-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #2367
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie View Post
Hey, Matt, didja get that picture I sent ya?
wipe skip off your chin
Visit us at Clinton County R/C Raceway or ccrcr.net Make sure you mark your callenders for our BIG ONES in 2012 May 26th we host the Ohio State Pro Series July 28th Ohio Outdoor Electric Summer Series and don't forget Friday Nights Under the Lights all summer.
bigdaddyquale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #2368
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T-BirdJunkie Send a message via MSN to T-BirdJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyquale View Post
wipe skip off your chin
Nah, gotta save some for later. Mmmmmm.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:52 PM   #2369
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34 View Post
I would rather see one jerk go rather than 10 nice people who DON'T want to deal with that crap.
AMEN!

here's the problem.... i guarantee everyone who is a regular at matt's knew exactly who he was talking about by the description and behavior.... i sure did!
Racing at www.CCRCR.net
2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #2370
Tech Fanatic

who hoo Airtime!