Search

wilmington ohio I-71 exit 45 offroad track

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 08:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default INTERVENTION

Originally Posted by SMZR2
Matt racing or open for practice tomorrow? Looks like you guys received some heavy rain on monday I might head up for some test and tune or racing if anyone is going?
wed is open practice and I donn't plan on being there we will continue open practice the rest of the year unless we have a great deal of intrest in racing then we will revist this.
Originally Posted by bpalmer
i was there today at 3 pm...looked like a ghost town ! my vote wont count much as i can only get there 2 times a month starting in aug. but church doesn't get over till 12:30 or so ...then an hour drive time ....
on a shittier note...are there any plans to put a porta potty out there ?
the plan is two race every other sunday so ifyou can race twice a month you will be a regular since your vote counts like double, I heard you were racing onroad.... CAN YOU SAY INTERVENTION
Old 07-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Tx

Matt,
Tx for the practice last night Tony and I where able to get some valuable track time and the weather was beautiful. Would have been a great night to race during the week.

See you guys next week! Is sunday the 24th a race day?
Old 07-14-2011, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I am bringing Catfish from the dirt bowl tomorrow. He has an Associated T3. Is it safe to assume he can race with 2wd SCT’s?
Old 07-14-2011, 03:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

FINALLY !THE ROCK HAS COME BACK !!!
I WILL BE THERE FOR SOME DIRT RACING FRIDAY NITE ! was having withdrawals from lack of nitro !
Old 07-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bpalmer
FINALLY !THE ROCK HAS COME BACK !!!
I WILL BE THERE FOR SOME DIRT RACING FRIDAY NITE ! was having withdrawals from lack of nitro !
Awesome
I just picked up a Kyosho Inferno MP777. I was wondering if a 8th scale turnout was going to happen tomorrow.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by babydaddy
Awesome
I just picked up a Kyosho Inferno MP777. I was wondering if a 8th scale turnout was going to happen tomorrow.
nice buy. Tomorrow I would think the nitro turnout will be decent since there isn't a big race anywhere, that I know of. What engine did you put in it?
Old 07-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
nice buy. Tomorrow I would think the nitro turnout will be decent since there isn't a big race anywhere, that I know of. What engine did you put in it?
Its used but new to me LOL ( Ebay…Where poor people can afford nice shit!)
but it already has a conversion kit installed so I put a 4 pole NEU Monster Mamba 2650KV with a 4S G6 Thunder Power juicing it
Old 07-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default XXX-SCB

picked up a losi xxx-scb last week and it is really fun.... i'll have it out friday if anyone wants to give it a run!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Hey matt, what sundays are you going to be racing and what time? I work every other sunday and am hoping that it is going to occur on my off sundays. This sunday (7/17) I work and it is every other after that.
I want to try and become a regular but I have such a backed up schedule that it is hard to find time to regularly to come out.
Are you racing sat at all?
Actually straight up...what is the schedule and times? Thanks
Old 07-15-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Thanks for a good night of racing! I actually did good tonight. Can't wait for next week.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Some video shot yesterday

Short Course
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABMpoEtYnGA

Buggy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxREuqAcXDA
Old 07-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

I will have it up and running again Friday!
My brand new Thunder Power caught fire at Kings Saturday. I hope TP will at least replace the battery.
Attached Thumbnails wilmington ohio  I-71 exit 45 offroad track-lipo-fire-1.jpg   wilmington ohio  I-71 exit 45 offroad track-lipo-fire-2.jpg  
Old 07-17-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I will have it up and running again Friday!
My brand new Thunder Power caught fire at Kings Saturday. I hope TP will at least replace the battery.
What were the ratings on the battery?
Old 07-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
What were the ratings on the battery?
The battery was rated for 45C, 225 amps continues. My ESC tops out at 120 amps. I am sure it was a battery malfunction because the buggy was still driving when the smoke was pouring out of it. I have cleaned it out today and tested the electronics. All is OK. The battery tray and straps are melted along with the body. Total cost for repair is 30 dollars with the exception of the battery. I am hoping Thunder Power will do the right thing and at least replace the battery. I just got it from Amain on Friday. I am going to call thunder power tomorrow and tell them what happened but I am worried about them getting me on some kind of technicality. I have save the battery remains in case they want proof that it was there battery. The buggy looks like its aged 10 years because the fumes to in to a corrosive and made everything look bad. I put some simple green on it and cleaned it the best I could. The smell is gone for the most part.
What do you guys think I should say to Thunder Power?
Old 07-17-2011, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The battery was rated for 45C, 225 amps continues. My ESC tops out at 120 amps. I am sure it was a battery malfunction because the buggy was still driving when the smoke was pouring out of it. I have cleaned it out today and tested the electronics. All is OK. The battery tray and straps are melted along with the body. Total cost for repair is 30 dollars with the exception of the battery. I am hoping Thunder Power will do the right thing and at least replace it. I just got it from Amain on Friday. I am going to call thunder power tomorrow and tell them what happened but I am worried about them getting me on some kind of technicality. I have save the battery remains in case they want proof that it was there battery. The buggy looks like its aged 10 years because the fumes to in to a corrosive and made everything look bad. I put some simple green on it and cleaned it the best I could. The smell is gone for the most part.
What do you guys think I should say to Thunder Power?
First, was this a hardcase battery or a soft pack?
Second, are you POSITIVE the soldering job was good on your connectors and that did not cause the battery to short, then kill the battery?
Third, what connectors?
Fourth, how was it secured to the chassis? velcro?

I don't see a 5000/45C 4S battery listed for cars. If it wasn't a hardcase, and it was in a car, chances are there (albeit pretty slim) that a hard impact could have shorted the battery internally. The only 5000/45C 4S battery from them I found on amain is this one:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...C-148V-5000mAh

A lotta people don't agree, but ROAR specifies hardpacks for a reason. I'll wager your battery doesn't get warrantied because of misapplication, but that's just a wild guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.