R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 03-14-2010, 03:25 PM   #16
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj50 View Post
I can already see it just another year at Pit Stop with the SAME S$%T it just don't ever end
Everything you post is always negative. If you have something constructive to say that's fine. If not. KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.

No one here wants to read your negativity!!

PitStop is a great place to race.
rexblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #17
Tech Rookie

i have raced with cj50 in years past and i used to race at pitstop and yes the owner has done some things for the racers but this might have been this year but i know when i raced there years ago he was all promises about have everything done and nothing got done unless he had a bad year before heck look at the place the facility is from decades ago this place looks the same as it did in the 80's just more run down. also do you ever see him on the net promoting it no,even the website hasn't been or is never updated during the season. yes jim is a nice guy and caint do things and it seems like every year the are begging for poeple to help or to run the races why don't you guys that are putting cj50 down step up and help. and as far as the best place i guess you guys haven't been to vineland or i forget the place in pittsburg,garlands. as i was thinking of getting back into this hobby which i miss looks like it has change by far from the days when i raced. remember this is a hobby and if guys have something to say then don't hammer him about having an opinion.

Jim
Barnstormers All the TIME
Team X-Ray For 1/8 Buggy
TQ Fuel
maacrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:17 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
i have raced with cj50 in years past and i used to race at pitstop and yes the owner has done some things for the racers but this might have been this year but i know when i raced there years ago he was all promises about have everything done and nothing got done unless he had a bad year before heck look at the place the facility is from decades ago this place looks the same as it did in the 80's just more run down. also do you ever see him on the net promoting it no,even the website hasn't been or is never updated during the season. yes jim is a nice guy and caint do things and it seems like every year the are begging for poeple to help or to run the races why don't you guys that are putting cj50 down step up and help. and as far as the best place i guess you guys haven't been to vineland or i forget the place in pittsburg,garlands. as i was thinking of getting back into this hobby which i miss looks like it has change by far from the days when i raced. remember this is a hobby and if guys have something to say then don't hammer him about having an opinion.

Jim
Hello "jim" if that is your real name... All Im trying to say is that im sick of people making multiple screen names and then coming on tracks threads and then bashing them! Pit stop is the BEST track in the area!! Im not putting him down im just saying that im sick of his shit! He pulled the same stuff last year just under a different screen name! We all know who he is and we all know what hes doing... If you don't like the place then dont come! We dont want to be around you or him anyways if all your going to do is bitch and complain! Aaron and alot of guys including myself put alot of time and effort into bringing Pitstop back to its glory and we don't need you two fools (might even be the same guy under ANOTHER screen name putting it down!
Old 03-15-2010, 03:32 AM   #19
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickedyfz450 View Post
Hello "jim" if that is your real name... All Im trying to say is that im sick of people making multiple screen names and then coming on tracks threads and then bashing them! Pit stop is the BEST track in the area!! Im not putting him down im just saying that im sick of his shit! He pulled the same stuff last year just under a different screen name! We all know who he is and we all know what hes doing... If you don't like the place then dont come! We dont want to be around you or him anyways if all your going to do is bitch and complain! Aaron and alot of guys including myself put alot of time and effort into bringing Pitstop back to its glory and we don't need you two fools (might even be the same guy under ANOTHER screen name putting it down!

Yes my name is Jim i had a track years ago and got out of it for better things and this is your opinion of me and cj50 thats fine al iam saying is look at some of these threads all racers do on here is bitch weather its about rules or tracks looks like this hobby didn't benefit from the net. as i see people need to grow up and not take this sport so serious and when guys voice there opinion about a place don't hammer them i've been around long enought to know that at one point and time everyone has said that they didn't like some places but i guess its ok for everyone but him to say how he doesn't like some things that pitstop has done.

Jim
Barnstormers All the TIME
Team X-Ray For 1/8 Buggy
TQ Fuel
maacrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:05 AM   #20
Tech Addict

How has the track help up with all these crazy snow storms and rain storms? Does anyone live close enough they can get some pics?
Old 03-15-2010, 05:11 AM   #21
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

I will just take the wait and see approach. Want to see what classes run and the turnout in the class that I like. Once I see what goes on then I can make a good judgement on what I plan to do with racing this spring and summer.

Need to see how the SCT class turns out this year with the major changes in classes at PS. I will be interested in seeing what happens and will just go from their.

Hope it turns out to be great as I really want it to be a good year at PS but like every track the true colors show in the first few weeks. Lets hope its for the best.

Track already has a killer layout that didn't get much running on it last year so with that already done just some maint to needed to get it ready so racing should get started alot sooner this year.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:26 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I always had a great time at pitstop 2 yrs ago when we could run 1/8 scales. Too bad times have changed.
Answer-RC/TLR/Futaba
Snow Monkey Racing
hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 06:27 AM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As long as the track surface is good/consistant (which it is), as long as the layout is fun/interesting (which it is), as long as there are nice people to race with (which there are), and the weather is nice (???), I will certainly be racing there this year.
The facility has been around a long time and in some ways shows that. But, everything there is in good working order and looks fine (if your really that concerned about the aesthetic appeal of a race facility). If you don't care for this track, don't associate with it and certainly don't come on here to cry about why you don't like it.
Constructive criticism is a great way to improve things, but save your comments for the people that can actually do something about them. Basically, have some respect and show a little class.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:30 AM   #24
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickedyfz450 View Post
How has the track help up with all these crazy snow storms and rain storms? Does anyone live close enough they can get some pics?
I imagine with one or two days of work on the track and it should be very close to being in top form. Even with all the snow and rain the track would just have standing water and as long as no one rode their bikes on it or tried to roll it then it shouldn't be bad.

Some dry weather will really help out thats for sure.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:50 PM   #25
Tech Adept

looking forward to running pitstop this year at least until they go friday nights just can't seem to make it unless i get out of work early hopefully turnout in all classes can pickup to be able to run more than one comfortably. should be interesting to see what happens and who is running the show.
brian roeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian roeder View Post
looking forward to running pitstop this year at least until they go friday nights just can't seem to make it unless i get out of work early hopefully turnout in all classes can pickup to be able to run more than one comfortably. should be interesting to see what happens and who is running the show.
They are looking at running one Saturday night a month too, so you aren't totally screwed!

STADIUM TRUCK ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
HP PRST-1
AE FT RC10GT2 (for when nitro ST rises from the dead!!)
lappdawg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:38 PM   #27
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by lappdawg27 View Post
They are looking at running one Saturday night a month too, so you aren't totally screwed!
Thanks i did see that.
brian roeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:41 AM   #28
wyd
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian roeder View Post
Thanks i did see that.
Hey run one class and ride you cycle down. You can fit everything you need for one class on your bike.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:10 AM   #29
Tech Addict

Quote:
Hey run one class and ride you cycle down. You can fit everything you need for one class on your bike
Have you ever seen the back of Roeders truck on a normal race day? I don't think there is a bike out there thats going to haul all his stuff!
Old 03-16-2010, 05:13 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Looking forward to making it out to Pitstop again this year. It would be great if you guys could post a trophy race schedule once everything is ironed out.