R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 05-27-2010, 04:18 AM   #151

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

moving again. good grief, what ever became of that legal issues u had to deal with on ur present house brian?

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:44 AM   #152
Tech Regular

Bob,

I hope you can make it. Thanks again for the updates and info.

WYD,

Wish you could be there. Can't wait to battle again.

Chick Little,

Come on down. We will make something work.

CRASH TICKLER,

Get your practice on and next time we meet you may have a chance. I heard you bought a BLITZ, now you need the 50C LiPo. With that combo I don't think I'll be doing anymore mid air passes on you..haha Good Luck at the cash race. I hear the track there @ East Coast Hobbies is very nice and Chad puts on a great show. I think we will be going back to G's sometime in June. I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks,

Bryan
Bryan@SMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #153
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Can'y make it as this is the weekend I'm moving. I hate moving!!!!!!!!
Hope your moving closer to hobby town for some lap applications to be put on you , lol. cant make it Brian already got a possy going down to ECoast..
Mugen Seiki / J Concepts / Airtronics/Sanwa USA / LC Racing , Baton Inc. / VIPER / REDS Racing USA / VP Racing Fuels / Tekno RC / Boca Bearings / G's Raceway & Hobbies / Waldorf RC / Upgrade RC / Kal Gaurd Lubricants /
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:27 AM   #154
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Bob,

I hope you can make it. Thanks again for the updates and info.

WYD,

Wish you could be there. Can't wait to battle again.

Chick Little,

Come on down. We will make something work.

CRASH TICKLER,

Get your practice on and next time we meet you may have a chance. I heard you bought a BLITZ, now you need the 50C LiPo. With that combo I don't think I'll be doing anymore mid air passes on you..haha Good Luck at the cash race. I hear the track there @ East Coast Hobbies is very nice and Chad puts on a great show. I think we will be going back to G's sometime in June. I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks,

Bryan
Lmao, cool cool , see you at some track I am doing the 4 state tour right now, maybe see you at the SCT nationals in July.. Yeah working on getting some smc's now, thanks for the air pass tutorial got that on my not to let happen anymore list, lol.. Peace out.
Mugen Seiki / J Concepts / Airtronics/Sanwa USA / LC Racing , Baton Inc. / VIPER / REDS Racing USA / VP Racing Fuels / Tekno RC / Boca Bearings / G's Raceway & Hobbies / Waldorf RC / Upgrade RC / Kal Gaurd Lubricants /
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #155
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TVMRocket69 Send a message via Yahoo to TVMRocket69

I just off the phone win Jim at PitStop about the TQ race this saturday. He told me the Classes that they are hopping to run ar as followes.
2wd mod Buggy, 4wd mod buggy, Truck Mod, Spec SCT, 4wd SCT, Roar SCT using Roar rules and 17.5, and 13.5 buggy and truck.

Trophies for top 3 in A, And the winners of lowers mains.

Entry fee. $20 for first class and $10 for the second class. Atleast 5 entries to run a class.
AnswerUSA-RC Team Driver, G's R/C Raceway Team Driver, RBMods Team Driver, Kosmic R/C Fuel Team Driver, MurfDogg Motorworks Team Driver, Serpent S811B, Serpent S811t, MurfDogg Powered V-Desizn Carpet Ripper 5
TVMRocket69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #156

Needed more promo to get more 13.5 bugs out there. Sadly roar's attitude and rulings on offroad doesnt help either. oh well, 1 less car i need to get ready

R
Old 05-27-2010, 02:10 PM   #157
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
Needed more promo to get more 13.5 bugs out there. Sadly roar's attitude and rulings on offroad doesnt help either. oh well, 1 less car i need to get ready

R
Ryan the promo about their being a 13.5 class was posted about a month ago on this thread TQ Racing Presents its Summer Out Door Electric Champs . You were one of the first to post under it.
AnswerUSA-RC Team Driver, G's R/C Raceway Team Driver, RBMods Team Driver, Kosmic R/C Fuel Team Driver, MurfDogg Motorworks Team Driver, Serpent S811B, Serpent S811t, MurfDogg Powered V-Desizn Carpet Ripper 5
Old 05-27-2010, 05:39 PM   #158
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

I will be there for stock and mod buggy and some mod truck this weekend

TLR~Horizon Hobby~xcelorin~Nitrotane~Spektrum~Upgrade-rc~B-fast rc~Austintown Hobby Shop
Bshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
Needed MORE promo...

R
Bob, tread lightly when it comes to talking bout pitstop.

R
Old 05-27-2010, 06:25 PM   #160
Tech Master

Ryan all I did was reply to your post about promoting. Try to read exactly what I posted. I gave info and nothing was negative. If U got a problem with ROAR this thread is not the place for it.

Last edited by TVMRocket69; 05-27-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:31 PM   #161
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is getting good now all we need is WYD to get in on this LOL
wildbill101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:23 PM   #162
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys get ready for one of my rare opinions.
Yesterday a track in NC closed - a dirt oval - while there were many reasons the biggest reason was poor promotion.
I don't think I will get an argument in saying that pit stop has one of the best offroad layouts I have ever seen. I hear lot's of complaints and honestly most time I just try to ignore them, which is not in my nature - I am in this business for the long haul, and maybe I will be like Jim 15 years from now, I have heard people say Jimmy doesn't care - which may be true. But I KNOW YOU ALL CARE!!!! So it is up to you to promote this track. Don't let the thread slip below the 1st page, drum up some enthusiasm - someone has to promote this place. There are 4 - 1/10 buggy racers that recently bought 1/8 scales - not because they really wanted to, they just wanted to race against other people. The TQ race is coming up and the thread is dead???? If Ryan wouldn't have brought it up - no one else would have. Who is in charge??? Someone needs to go to Jimmy and tell him that if the track is not promoted on the web it really might end just like the one in NC. I don't want to see any track close - I want the hobby to grow and from what I can see so far this outdoor season, Pit Stop could be have had crowds double in size. What is going on. Someone tell Jimmy to come read this post - tell him to sit down and promote this place - you can update everything you need in 2 minutes at the beginning or end of the day. Be active in your business - Don't pass the buck to let other people do it for you - honestly they suck at it. I know I am stepping over boundaries here - who am I to tell someone how to run there business? I am a track owner - but more importantly I am a racer, one that has been around a long time and can remember the hay-day of the 80's when there were 100 racers at every track in the country every week, maybe we will never get back to that but we can try.

PS. The other thing I hear constantly is the corr rules suck - don't let them switch tires, or esc's between manufacturers. I don't know if it makes a difference or not but the perception is that it does. I know you would get some more racers every week if you went and changed the rules to keep it an out of the box spec.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:17 AM   #163
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Chris +1 on a lot of what you said but one thing. I think if Jim was to get on the net and say things like you and other owners do it would help a LOT not just tell someone else to post it after all if the owner did care he would at least stick up for him self and it is better to hear it from the horses mouth then second hand sometimes the meaning gets lost from person to person just my 2cents
wildbill101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:52 PM   #164
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

If you need more info all you have to do is call the shop and talk to Jim directly.

Last edited by Bob Moore; 05-28-2010 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Not the place
Bob Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:27 PM   #165
Tech Regular

Bob,

I don't think the complaining is being directed at You. I appreciate You giving us the info you as only you have given any info. I too get tired of the constant complaining revolving the r/c world. Maybe Jim doesn't want to be a part of the online community. On one hand I can't say I blame him one bit as a large percentage of the online community are bashers/flamers and nobody wants to deal with that hassle. On the other hand...MCKINNEY SAID IT BEST...THIS IS WITHOUT A DOUBT ONE OF THE NICEST OUTDOOR OFFROAD TRACKS IN THE COUNTRY AND IT HAS ZERO PROMOTION. I could understand if Jim had some backwoods wanna-be track with ghetto jumps, tons of rocks in the surface and a driver's stand that requires a tetanus shot(spelling) before entering. Pit Stop is none of the afore mentioned. This track is beautiful and I cringe at the 3 1/2 hour drive that awaits me tomorrow but I know that even with a dismal turnout, the racing will still be national caliber level with the crop of racers that will be attending and it will take place at the best track I personally have ever been to. No offense to Bumps as that will always be my go to track during the fall/winter season. Bumps offers a variety of qualities that it takes to bring racers in and keep them coming back. Just use us for example...We race SC. We drive 3+ hours to race $200 toys. There are no prizes for us nor any $$ or trophies. We go there b/c of what Chris does and what he offers to everyone that walks through the door.

...Back to PS. If Jim or whoever would get the ball rolling and have some big races, maybe even 2 day races, I think the racer turnout would greatly increase and the track would become more widely known than what it already is. I was blown away by the quality of the layout when we arrived at our first race there.

Racers are complaining but they are making points that are more than reasonable. Though I am by no means a local racer, even I would hate to hear the news one day that Pit Stop was no more!!!

Bryan
Bryan@SMC is offline   Reply With Quote