Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Track In DuBois PA

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default New Track In DuBois PA

Hi guys its time! Can I get some feed back from racers about a track in the DuBois, PA area? Please leave messages!
Thanks,
Jim
Old 02-28-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Jim. Rob Martin was telling me about you starting something up around Dubois. I assume it will be an outdoor track? Where exactly at in the Dubois area?

I saw some of your work on Rob's stuff. Nice!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default DuBois Track

Hi Shawn, I see your from clearfield. Did we race together a few years back? lol Name sounds familiar. Yes we are going to try to get a track started between the blinker light and Reynoldsville. If things go well it will be nice. Track will be clay, ambrc lap counting system, food, and lots of parking. any suggestions??
Jim
Old 03-04-2010, 03:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey there Mr. Chase. How ya been? I was checkin out some of your past posts and realized who you were! Been a long time since I've seen you. I think the last time was down at Bumps & Jumps a few years ago. You must have relocated back to the DuBois area I see. I think a track around here would do well. If it is done right and you have the desire to see it through it could do very well. As is the saying, and especially in r/c, "build it and they will come". You have been doing it long enough to know what it will take. The only thing I can suggest is try to make it a SCT and 1/10th electric friendly track. The 1/10th scale electric classes are getting squeezed out at alot of the outdoor tracks because of the insanely big supercross style tracks that are built anymore. Not that there is anything wrong with those type of layouts but just keep in mind all the classes. Perhaps use just a smaller portion of the entire layout for the 1/10ths if you are planning on going with a real big track.

I myself cannot race much during the summer because of work, but I would support you and help promote it on the various forums and what not.

Also, one other suggestion if I may, I would suggest contacting or visiting McCullough's, Altoona and Oak Hill, since they are the other closest tracks, and possibly try to work with them as far as promoting each other's tracks and scheduling around larger events, etc. etc. There is nothing worse than tracks in the same area directly and intentionally competing with each other!

I'll be looking forward to more news about it Jim. Keep us posted.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

jim chase-i know this name from bumps to....i just cant remember what classes he ran in there.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default New Track

I just got off the phone with Frank Henry, He built the track at this years Motorama and thats the guy who will be laying out and hopefully be building ours. The track will be designed for 1/10 scale vehicles and SCT classes. The track we are planning to build will be around 60' x 105' and a clay surface. We will have a small shop on hand to handle the parts and accesories. I plan on building a first class track!
Jim Chase
Old 03-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

outside clay track? imo thats gonna take alot of work to keep from drying up and cracking.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

probably what he`s means is clay/topsoil mix , Hey Jim , looking forward to stopping out to check it out when ur done .

Bruce Campbell
Old 03-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bruce53
probably what he`s means is clay/topsoil mix , Hey Jim , looking forward to stopping out to check it out when ur done .

Bruce Campbell
bruce,
isaac was saying something to me that you were interested in EB MODS INFO??
pm me and we will go from there.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:46 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prographx
Hi Shawn, I see your from clearfield. Did we race together a few years back? lol Name sounds familiar. Yes we are going to try to get a track started between the blinker light and Reynoldsville. If things go well it will be nice. Track will be clay, ambrc lap counting system, food, sheep and lots of parking. any suggestions??
Jim
I added to your post since you forgot something.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default New Track

Yes, i meant clay/top soil mix. Should be nice. I cant wait to see what Frankie comes up with! I know whatever it is it will be nice. Any input on the design of the track or site would be greatly appreciated.
Jim
Old 03-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Track song Bringing in the sheep
Old 03-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Thumbs up cant wait

bump..
Old 03-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just wanted to give an update on the track. We have been approved by the twsp and we will begin construction in a few weeks.any questions please feel free to call 814.771.9962
Jim
Old 03-19-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thats awesome jim cant wait to check it out this summer

bob higgins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.