Wiki Posts
Search

Track Locator Website

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 06:33 AM
Tech Addict

Lightbulb Track Locator Website

www.wheretoracerc.com

I would like to invite any rc track operator/owner to checkout my website.
It doesn't have a whole lot going for it right now, but with your help it may just be what we are looking for!
After some tracks get set up on it, I would like to invite drivers to get signed up and that's where the real power is.
Check out the demo's I have set up and you will see what I mean.
Feedback is good and since it's a work in progress, many features can be added/changed.

I have about 6 months of work into it right now, but since I work day's and race, it take a bit of time to do.

Thanks,
John Geffe
Old 04-04-2004, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Track Locator Website

Originally posted by Junkman
www.wheretoracerc.com

I would like to invite any rc track operator/owner to checkout my website.
It doesn't have a whole lot going for it right now, but with your help it may just be what we are looking for!
After some tracks get set up on it, I would like to invite drivers to get signed up and that's where the real power is.
Check out the demo's I have set up and you will see what I mean.
Feedback is good and since it's a work in progress, many features can be added/changed.

I have about 6 months of work into it right now, but since I work day's and race, it take a bit of time to do.

Thanks,
John Geffe
Can i add track somewhere other than in USA?

mop
Old 04-04-2004, 08:05 AM
Tech Addict

Not yet... I'm just trying to get this thing off the ground.
But you are right, people do race all round the world.
Old 04-04-2004, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Junkman
But you are right, people do race all round the world.

mop
Old 04-21-2004, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

www.wheretoracerc.com

What it is:
  • Dynamic database of clubs, hobby shops, R/C car drivers, R/C tracks, and R/C events (club or big events).
  • Track locator.
  • Event finder.
  • Club or hobby shop locator.
What it does:
  • As a event finder, it allows R/C drivers to find Racing events that are coming up in their area (state) or any state if it is in the database.
  • It then allows R/C Driver's to sign up for said event right on-line and pay for it (if the event director want's) via-paypal.
  • (use the demo event to check this out the shopping cart)
  • R/C Drivers are asked to enter a bit of information about them ONCE.
  • R/C Drivers are asked to enter information about their cars ONCE, including frequency's they use and if they are synthesized or not. They can set up as many cars as they want, and update them as much as they want.
  • As a club or hobby shop finder it sorts by State also, and has links to their Tracks and Event's.
How it does it:
  • By having a database that you maintain, if your track's or event's change, you can do it yourself, and R/C Drivers can see what your offering right away.
  • By having a database of drivers and their cars, when they sign up, their frequencies get listed automatically.
This web site was created by me to try to create a better practice time during the big races in the theory that if I know what frequencies are signed up for, I can pick one that isn't (at least in my class's) so less time waiting for the clip or less chance of an out of control car.

How to get started: (none of this stuff takes very long) the first two step's only need to be done once.
  1. First, go to www.wheretoracerc.com then click on the "Directors" tab, set up a new account (password will be email to you).It will as for basic stuff like address, phone number, web site address, email (most of this will be available on the web site as contact information).
  2. What you have done is set up a "Club/Hobby shop", now you can set up your track(s). There are several option's that are pretty self explanatory, the address portion will like to mapquest making it easy for people to find your track.
  3. The last and coolest step is to set up "Events" this is where you pick a track (from the one(s) you created above) and add "Classes" to it, if your classes don't exist you can create new one's. Also need to set date(s) from a drop down menu and several other item's.
All of the above is accessible from the "Directors" tab for easy access.

To see what it looks like, use the "Clubs" "Tracks" or "Events" tabs to search for your club/track or event!

To see what the Driver's see, (which basically unlocks a portion of the event's page) set up a driver account and follow same flow..

Thanks,
John Geffe
Old 05-03-2004, 09:17 PM
Tech Regular

Nice Thread. Good luck with your new site!
Old 05-03-2004, 09:46 PM
Tech Addict

Starting to add some "Glitz" to the web site. Thank's for signing up "Steel city hobbies" I noticed you have an Event listed for May 8th !!

If you have people you can point in the direction to sign up on-line that would be great!

I hope that once people find the benefit of knowing what frequencies people are signed up under, they will switch (yep, thanks Novak) to an under utilized channel (all channels used and not used are listed right on the event web page)

John Geffe
Old 05-16-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Addict

If you race r/c cars or operate a r/c race track...
-- Get signed up!

It's easy to find your track, and easy to set up your events.

-- Don't have a web site? No problem.
-- Don't have a way to do on-line signup? No problem.
-- Don't know a thing about html? Don't want to... No problem
Sign up your club, create your tracks, setup your events. It's quick, easy and one more place for people to find your track.
Get more racer's, more competition, more FUN!!!

www.wheretoracerc.com
Old 08-23-2004, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

Default New Features

All kinds of new stuff going on at www.wheretoracerc.com!!
Drop by and check it out. Easy to get started, easy to maintain, find a track, event or club near you!! Enter your club, track or event on-line for the nation to see!
Old 08-24-2004, 04:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Excellent resource! I hope it grows to be one of the best out there!

Out of curiosity, what technologies are you using. MySQL and php? If you would like any help with some design (using style sheets, templates) let me know, I'll donate my time to help you out.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:51 AM
Tech Addict

You are correct sir!
MySQL and PHP Rock! MySQL is superfast & PHP Programs sorta like basic (which I can make work) and has much support over the internet for Free, which I like.

I will send you an email later today/evening.
Thanks for the review!

Old 10-25-2004, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up New Feature

Clubs/hobbyshops now have a place to BLOG!
Super-easy to use, and free. If your already signed up great, just go into the directors tab (beta site) and start posting.
If your not signed up, what are you waiting for.
To view the post just go into the "club" tab of the beta site and select a club, if they have posted, it will be listed.
Canada is supported now thanks to Inferno
Still in the process of converting to the new look, life is getting in the way.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

The long awaited, all New Hobby Hub Speedway in Lansing, MI opened its doors on Nov 12th to a large dedicated crowd of Oval Racing enthusiasts.

The schedule will be just like last year with Road Course practice on Wednesday evenings and racing on Sunday day, Oval practice on Thursday evenings, and racing on Friday evenings.

Saturday's are tentively open for Special events such as Championship races and possibly for Stadium Classes. Subject to change.

www.Hobby-Hub.com
Old 11-13-2004, 07:39 PM
Tech Rookie

No Missouri Tracks!
Old 11-17-2004, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Get that track listed, sign up your "Club" first, then add your "Track"

The reason for doing it this way is because there are many R/C clubs that have many tracks. Some are indoor, some are outdoor offroad etc.. And the tracks sometimes change location, but clubs rarly do.

Email me if you have any questions about it.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.