Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Poughkeepsie NY Track >

Poughkeepsie NY Track

Poughkeepsie NY Track

Old 01-24-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Poughkeepsie NY Track

Hi guys their are no offroad tracks to race on in the Poughkeepsie area the closest is in CT. I live in Pleasant Valley and we have 68 acres and a 10 acre area that was leveled to become a driving range we did not build we did build a ATV track that we used to race on. I was wondering if I converted it to a RC track if people would come to race and bash. I have the perfect area picked out I was just wondering if I took the time to build it if people would come to bash and race. What do you think?
Old 01-25-2010, 07:50 AM
Tech Initiate

wow glad i seen this man. i live just outside of newburgh and would def come over there. Wheres the exact loaction? i have plenty of other people that would come too if this happens!!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Initiate

1.1 miles off of the Taconic Parkway Poughkeepsie exit on the left
Old 01-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm in north jersey and there isn't much around here, so if you build it I know myself and a handful of friends will come up.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:18 PM
Tech Initiate

It seems like there is enough interest I am going to start the layout of the track and ask for a few ideas. Thanks
Old 01-25-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

yeh i would definitely come to run my tmaxx. I live in northern westchester. If your by the mall its only about a 30 minute drive. Let me know!
Old 01-26-2010, 08:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Yes I am 35 minutes from white plains
Old 01-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Initiate

that it sooo awesome.i would love to have a track to run on close to home.i live in poughkeepsie and it sux to try to drive at rampage in hyde park(they dont like nitro,and dont stock parts)...build it..i WILL definatly be there
Old 01-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Rookie

yes track in potown area sounds great.. I have been wanting to build one also trying to find an area. there is rumor that rampage wants to build a new track off of Rt. 55 in poughkeepsie but not sure that will happen and who wants to pay everytime you wanna use it. so a free track with a good bunch of guys to take care of it would be awesome! Look up the group "Hudson Valley Radio Control" on facebook if your on it..I started a group.. Chris
Old 01-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Rampages track is closed unfortunaltely that is why I decided to build a track. I spoke with Rampage and they are interested in my property and may help. I went out there today to lay out the track I am going to cut down the brush that grew up this weekend and lay out the track. It is going to be pretty big and probably a MX style track.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:06 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think this is a great idea.... but there are two tracks not to far from you.. Barnstormers in chester ny and Wolcott hobbies in wolcott ct..just fyi
Old 01-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Tech Initiate

track is still a good idea even with rampages help.why is their track closed?did the grass grow too tall to mow?lol.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Glad rampage is interested maybe something will happen, Ill keep checking back here for info about it. Post a sign at hobby house on RT.9 across from mall may get people interested. use to race around in the circuit city parking lot last year a bit, but the hard surface kills the cars when ya land! lol.
Old 01-31-2010, 04:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

rampages offroad track was closed by the landlord. Shame too, we had a good season last year.lots of slashs, 4wd buggies and stadium trucks with no grass at all on the track, or water after the drainage was finished.then the management of the property changed( landlords daughter took over running it), and we were forced to close the off road track at the end of the season.
Still running inside on wednesday and saturday nights, sunday during the day
Rich has done a good job of supporting the racers who race with him regularly.
He's done a lot since taking over from Brian, picking up specialty distributors, building the new indoor tracks, repairing the house transponders, becoming a distributor for PTX transponders, Team Academy, Yeah Racing, Common Sense,
direct with Venom.
As far as the "don't like nitro statement", that was a consensus by the racers, not Rich. The track we had built was fairly small and tight, and there were only 3 of us doing all the maintenance. the only nitro cars that ever showed up were one or 2 individual bashers who would basically just tear up the track and leave. The parts situation is another story, this economy put a big crimp on what Rich was able to do as far as increasing stock, and he was very careful to increase it carefully, only adding to stock the stuff he was special ordering for people on a regular basis, which I think was a good business decision on his part, he is STILL in business with how bad things are.

Last edited by rcracer1958; 01-31-2010 at 04:43 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

How far is this from the Ny/Ct. border? Say Danbury Ct. Thanks........

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.