R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 03-11-2002, 10:29 AM   #1
Tech Regular

Default Chicago TC Racing

This is Oak Park Hobby Town actually, right next to the city. We're moving into our third year of racing and there will be some improvements to the racing at Hobby Town system this year! For those of you planing to or thinking of racing there, the entry fee did change from $5 to $10 per car. From what I've seen, thats still in line with what other tracks charge. Ventures is $10 and AJ's is $15! You will also get the option of pre paying $50 into the program. That will mean your entry fee is just $5 per class and you get a 10% off all regularly priced merchandise in the store, i.e. tires, whells, bodies, paint, fuel (basically, all the consumables) etc, plus the all the other items out side of r/c cars. Not a bad deal at all if you plan on being at all the races or if you spend a lot on those items like I do. Plus it will fund a ransponder system for this year! Though that personally isn't a big deal to me, it is to some of the more serious racers who want times and more accurate results. All in all its a great track experience though not as seriously competative (we do have some outstanding drivers in both nitro and electric to test your mettal against) as some other tracks. Its a fast, fun, friendly environment to come out and race your cars in.

For more details on start dates, classes, etc contact the store:

HobbyTown USA
1000 Lake Street
Oak Park, IL 60301
(708) 445-8056

HauntedMyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 04:27 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

How big is the track and do you supply power?
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 11:14 PM   #3
Tech Regular

I've never measured the track but people who have raced elsewhere say its small to medium sized. Yes, there is power but you might want to bring an extention depending on where you pit.
Old 04-01-2002, 03:25 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Great news! The racing schedule has been released and racing will happen on Saturdays this year! For those of you in Chicago, most racing happens on Sunday and this now doubles your chance to race! The races are scheduled for the following dates.

May 4
May 18
June 1 - in addition to regular racing, there is tentatively scheduled a jumping competition at the track next door.
June 15
June 29 - in addition to regular racing, there is tentatively scheduled concourse competition prior to the races.
July 13 - Nitro vs. Electric - tentatively scheduled race to settle the "which is better" question. Our top 3 electric points leaders will square off against the top 3 nitro drivers for bragging rights of which is better.
July 27
August 10
August 24
September 7

Our points system will be used through out the year.
Old 04-30-2002, 12:05 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Hey Hauntedmyst, i told chizzler about a track in Bradley, IL. it has a clay oval, ask chizz or me about it for more info, or just check out my thread.
t3ghiadr is offline   Reply With Quote