R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 01-20-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Southern Va?

Is anybody here running or doing any racing around southern Va? I live near Danville,Va. and am looking for anybody who would like to maybe setup some parking lot races for 1/10th scale on roads. We have several nice large parking lots that can be used and that I use while running. Only problem is that I don't know anybody around that runs on road other then a buddy of mine and it would be nice to meet a few new buds to run with. Anybody around the area interested?
Quickone4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
Tech Rookie

anybody around pittsylvania county or surrounding areas that would like to do some parking lot racing?
Old 01-25-2010, 11:35 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

Anybody at all around southern Virginia intrested in running or setting something up?
Old 02-04-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
Tech Regular

There used too be a place named Coopers that ran oval near Danville. There is also some activity in Greensboro, NC. Good luck in Danville lol
tharris1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Jesse Bean

I live in Altavista and go to Goldsboro, NC for On-Road but this summer I'm running the Short Course Point series at Awesome Fredericksburg and RcPro in Gloucester, va.
JBRC Products
Jesse Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:02 PM   #6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I think the closest place is Debbies RC World in VA Beach. That was the place to race when I lived in VA. Try Hobbytown USA, if there is one close to you. The one in Newport News used to do parking lot racing. Or get with your local hobby shop and start soemthing of your own.
JustMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2 View Post
I think the closest place is Debbies RC World in VA Beach. That was the place to race when I lived in VA. Try Hobbytown USA, if there is one close to you. The one in Newport News used to do parking lot racing. Or get with your local hobby shop and start soemthing of your own.
DRCW now has a tarmac track and running every Sat. TC elec and nitro, Pro 10, 1/8 scale. Also just completed a beautiful drives stand. Drivers stand does double duty for the on road on one side and off road on the other. They are finishing final touches on the drag strip. Race day doors open at 9 and racing at 11. Check out DRCW carpet racing on rubber tires for pics. Hope to see you Sat.