R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 02-03-2010, 11:28 AM   #16
Tech Rookie

Default Track plans on hold

Looks as though the brilliant idea for the track will not fly in my existing facility because of the parking issue. I am still interested in doing this but need to watch for a great deal on a building that has the parking.
rc_entrepreneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I'd love to help with a track in SoCounty!! There are no facilities down here--and I TOO believe you would be able to pull as far south as SD for a nice indoor facility. If your really serious--I don't think you could go wrong with a facility like Westcoast in La Mirada. Danny has done his homework--and the onroad asphalt works really well.
The dirt track is made out of clay--instead of just dirt--and that allows water to be held really well with nearly NO dust kicked up to ruin the onroad track.
The curbs on the onroad track work VERY well also--so you should note that as well. I'm sure you could get the same asphalt company to lay your surface down-- then it's up to stocking the hobby shop side of the business with enough parts to keep the regulars in tires /batteries and car parts.
FWIW
TIm
timmig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #18
Tech Rookie

Default rc track south oc

Your right it's about finding the right building at cheap price at this point with the parking. I'm still looking.
rc_entrepreneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:49 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

What size building are you looking for? What kind of rent would you like to pay?? I've been finding buildings available around 50 to 65 cents --and I'm looking for small warehouses--under 3000 feet. But over 5000 prices get a little more flexible also.
In the Orange area-- cheapest---I DID find some warehousing over in the Tustin area off Jamboree and the 5 fwy. at .45 foot--they wouldn't let me store cars there--but a track--maybe?? I'll call and find out once I know what size your' looking for.
Tim
timmig is offline   Reply With Quote