Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

top notch place here!!! awesome track and drivers stand
PHILIPPIANS 4:13
bbrace3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:38 AM   #62
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Had another great day at Granger Offroad Raceway. Even though Mother Nature had different ideas on racing, we did anyway. Had full fields for Stock Short Course, Stock Stadium Truck, and 1/8th scale buggies.

With the light rain we had the track was in great shape. Very exciting racing.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:11 AM   #63
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Short coarse A-main 9-4-10

best finish to date for the photographers husband but it was only his 5th race http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBMCCPllOqI
hunternaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:58 PM   #64
Tech Regular

Well, traditionaly Oct. is the last outdoor month for RC. What do you guys have planned for winter? Will the indoor design allow for nitro or will it be electric only? Indoor layout large enough for 1/8 scale either way?? It's sad to see the temperatures outside dropping and the month ready to change over
bjr48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #65
Tech Regular

Saturday was the last official timed (with scoring system) race, the weekly attendance was between 20 and 50 entries with only one day that there were not enough people for multiple classes and marsheling so it was just a free play day, Mike (the owner of the track) was using some of Michiana Remote Control Raceways scoring and timing system along with lots of their members helping with track design and maintenence but they have began their indoor carpet racing, so there will be no indoor dirt action this year in Granger. Look forward to seeing you next spring
Old 09-26-2010, 10:20 PM   #66
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjr48 View Post
Well, traditionaly Oct. is the last outdoor month for RC. What do you guys have planned for winter? Will the indoor design allow for nitro or will it be electric only? Indoor layout large enough for 1/8 scale either way?? It's sad to see the temperatures outside dropping and the month ready to change over
While Saturday was the last timed race for us this year, if the weather permits - in about two weeks we are considering a cookout and "unofficial" race day. We'll keep you all posted. In the meantime, we'll be racing Friday nights at MRCR on the carpet.

Thanks for a great season!
carplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:16 PM   #67
Tech Regular

So the Granger indoor track was never intended to run winters since it will conflict with the carpet racing? What is it for then, rain days in the summer?

Oh wait, unless you are trying to tell me that you need your own timing equipment and more people to do indoor winter racing. Is that it?
bjr48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:11 PM   #68
Tech Regular

The indoor track has not been constructed yet but mike does have the space and it could be a future endeavor for rainy weather or winter offroad racing. If it turns out to be as good as his outdoor track it will certainly be a success. Have you been to the outdoor track, this was my first year racing and from what I heard from visiting racers the track is a top notch facility with a really friendly group of regular racers and staff that work hard at keeping the track in good shape throughout the day. Hope to see you there for the racer appreciation day. Gary
Old 09-27-2010, 07:21 PM   #69
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjr48 View Post
So the Granger indoor track was never intended to run winters since it will conflict with the carpet racing? What is it for then, rain days in the summer?

Oh wait, unless you are trying to tell me that you need your own timing equipment and more people to do indoor winter racing. Is that it?

Yep, anyone that knows me - knows that I consider the guys at MRCR my friends and we have maintained right from the start that we would not run a winter program if it would conflict with the carpet show. It would have been nice to have an indoor option several race days this year for sure.

My own timing and PA equipment is already in the works for Spring and I am encouraging our racers to consider MRCR for a winter fix on the carpet.

It's great to have friends
carplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:35 PM   #70
Tech Regular

Thanks mike I should have refered bjr48 to you personally as you are the best person to answer this type of questions Gary ps nice to you you here
Old 09-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #71
Tech Regular

Looks like 10-9-10 will be the racer appreciation day with lots of r/c contest and food
Old 09-29-2010, 05:10 AM   #72
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Might be able to make my 1st and only trip to Granger the 9th!
NitroDirtMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 06:07 PM   #73
Tech Regular

hope you mean for this year, after you race there and meet everyone I am sure you will be back next year, great racing surface, too bad you got rid of the savage I had been waiting all year to have a monster truck class, finally had one last sat and it was a blast Gary
Old 10-07-2010, 07:36 PM   #74
Tech Regular

O.K. I spent the evening working on the warhead and just test drove it around the yard, any other monster trucks that show will have some stiff competition oh and I replaced the rear block in the losi and spur gear in the blitz so I will have stuff ready, I hope no one leaves before I get there around 3pm Gary
Old 10-07-2010, 07:40 PM   #75
Tech Regular

Default Racer Appreciation Day

10-9-10 free racing and free food from the grill (do not know how I forgot to post that part onl catch is no scoring system but it should be a great day or rc enthusist having fun Gary