R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 04-24-2010, 06:40 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carplace View Post
Hello Nick. When we get ready, bring your T-maxx over. If we get enough monster trucks, we'll put a class together. If not we'll find a place for you to run. We will be having an opening race May 22. See ya trackside!
ok great and maybe you guys can hep me in tuning it since im not that great for tuning. and mine is 2wd and i have it set up for racing so i thought that would change things but i dont know.
1948 Harley Davidson...........$20,000
1979 Euro Porsche................$4,000
nick84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:36 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Track building help

OK gang. I have had many racers offer help in the building of our track. Well, the time is here. We have searched high-and-low for the best dirt for our racing surface and have finally had it delivered yesterday and today. We will be working on the track tomorrow (saturday) starting at 9:00 am for anyone that is willing to help. I will have my backhoe out for the heavy work but we will need hard rakes (garden or landscape) and shovels. Any help will be much appreciated. Please post if you can come out so we know who / how many will be here. The track is located behind my primary business (The Car Place 51465 Bittersweet Rd. Granger, IN. 46530) and our website is up and running at grangerraceway.com Thanks, Michael
carplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:20 PM   #33
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AChupp2

Here are some pics of the track. We haven't had good luck with the weather recently but it looks like this weekend will be nice to get some work done. The jumps will not be parts breakers but they should be a lot of fun and the layout should be fast.
Attached Thumbnails
Granger Offroad RC Raceway (Granger, Indiana)-dsc04852-2.jpg   Granger Offroad RC Raceway (Granger, Indiana)-dsc04854-2.jpg   Granger Offroad RC Raceway (Granger, Indiana)-dsc04861-2.jpg  
AChupp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:27 AM   #34
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I cant wait till the opening day on the 22nd. Im going to it for sure. just dont have my tmaxx anymore working on a carbon fiber emaxx project, but i figure it would be a good day to come check out whats going on there.

Nick
1948 Harley Davidson...........$20,000
1979 Euro Porsche................$4,000
nick84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:41 AM   #35
Tech Rookie

looks like its going to be a good track, im from mishawaka and im looking at getting back into the hobby i sold my tmaxx awhile ago but it seems like the RC scene is making a comeback, i know where the location of this track is so if you need another hand let me know id be happy to help
indyfoxgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:50 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Mike gave me a tour of the track (still in the building process) on Saturday and his place is going to be topnotch. No expense is being spared and the design is awesome. Good work guys.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:25 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
Mike gave me a tour of the track (still in the building process) on Saturday and his place is going to be topnotch. No expense is being spared and the design is awesome. Good work guys.
Thanks!
Old 05-18-2010, 08:06 PM   #38
Tech Regular

Update, Update! We WILL be racing THIS Saturday (the 22nd)! The weather has been ridiculous and it has been a lot of work but we are getting close. We can use all the volunteer help we can get tomorrow afternoon and all day Thursday. If you can help in any way it will be greatly appreciated!

Who is in for the first race at Granger Raceway?

Track will open at 8:00 am racing at 11:00

Huge THANKS to my guys and the volunteers that have been working very hard in tough weather to get us racing!

Game On! See Ya Trackside!
Old 05-18-2010, 11:11 PM   #39
Tech Rookie

id be willing to lend a hand just let me know, i live right across from the hummer plant so im not to far away and id like to come check the place out anyway
indyfoxgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:36 AM   #40
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfoxgt View Post
id be willing to lend a hand just let me know, i live right across from the hummer plant so im not to far away and id like to come check the place out anyway
Hey Indy. We'll be working this afternoon/ evening after about 1:00 and tomorrow all day. Come on over if you are available. Thanks!
Old 05-20-2010, 07:38 AM   #41
Tech Regular

Wow, what a difference a day makes! We did not get pictures because we worked past dark last night but the progress was awesome. Big thanks to all the guys that donated their time. We will be racing this Saturday. I'll get more pictures up tonite so everyone can get an idea of our layout and facilities. Gettem' ready and bring it on! Track opens at 8:00 - racing at 11:00. For anyone that has missed it, the track is behind my primary business (The Car Place) 51465 Bittersweet Rd. Granger, In. 46545. Follow the drive around the front building and you will see the stand and track. We will be running all the typical classes - nitro and electric. Six entries make a class. $15.00 first entry $5.00 each entry after that (your kids included).

See Ya Trackside!
Old 05-21-2010, 01:14 PM   #42
Tech Regular

OK, I called us ready to race but mother nature had other ideas. While we are all willing to work in the rain to be prepared, the track will need some drying time and grooming to be ready to race on. Work will continue over the weekend. If anyone just wants to come and hang out you are welcome but the track will not be open until practice on Wednesday. We will be racing next Saturday and the track will be in much better shape!
Old 06-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #43
Tech Addict

We had our first practice and race last week and had a lot of fun. So far I have heard a lot of positive things about the track but there are some minor adjustments we will be making to the track to make it even better! Racing is every Saturday and practice on Wednesday's.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:26 PM   #44
Tech Addict

We worked on the track the last few days to make a few revisions to the track and fix it up after the gully washer. The track is in great shape for racing Saturday so come out for some great racing and fun!
Old 06-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #45
Tech Regular

Well, it wasn't for the lack of desire to race. We decided to try to run a limited program for the dedicated racers that came out to support the raceway. It just wasn't to be, mother nature stepped in again.

Is there any interest in an open practice (we could even set up some bragging rights races) tomorrow, Sunday the 6th? Say noon 'til 5:00, $5.00 a head, run all you can? It is supposed to dry up in the morning and be a nice day. Post if you are interested, I am open to the idea - if enough racers can come out.

Thanks, Michael