R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 01-17-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default Does anyone else hate M&M hobby in houston??

I have had the worst expiriences at m&m and just wanted to vent. First of all the owner is the opposite of what you would think a hobbyshop owner would be. I mean you think to yourself... " Man if I opened up a hobbyshop! how much fun would that be." This guy is a total fun sucker! I went in a purchased a Traxxas rustler vxl and was all exited to charge it up and run it on their sh**ty track and the guy was like "NO! This is not a toy you need to go home and read through all the instructions first! I was like "what? isn't this guy supposed to be selling me on the truck and trying to make a sale?" It was like he was telling me it was not for me because it is has too much power. Anyway... next is the girl at the register, she is such a rude B! and don't try to run your credit card for less than $15.00 cause you willl get yelled at like a little kid at walmart! Then they want to see your Id for every purchase, which I can understand for my protection but when I just ran the card in front of her and say "oh I forgot I also need this!" they still ask for your id. I mean I JUST SHOWED IT TO YOU!!! then they ask for a phone number on top of that! The parts and kits are way over retail price and the track is so rundown all of the time. The first time I showed up to run my truck there were NO jumps on the track they were alll washed away and there was grass growing into the lanes like 2 feet! This is not an exaggeration. Anyway I don't go there anymore I go to The RC hobbyshop for parts and vertigo raceway or mikes hobbyshop for racing!!!
Jimmy Avila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:08 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Support your LHS :-)

Just kidding - sounds like they have a "sour puss" (what my aging mother used to say). Shop around - Houston is a big area, 5th largest metro area in the USA.
jmcvicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:33 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Funny. I went there during the big storm clean-up and had one look at the track and out side I drove off. I had all my race stuff in the truck and the hood just didn't look good. I understand they'ev been there a long time but still. Glad to know I was in tune. Then drove out to Mike's and had a blast. Nice track, cool people.
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Yep, you pretty much nailed the place on the head. The owner is a total ass and always has been. Just like you said, he seems to hate his customers.

I went up there to practice on the track (yes, it's a dump) and he wanted my drivers license info written down. (paying cash) I told him I'd show it to him, but there was no reason to write down and record all of my info (no other track does)

He got all belligerent and started yelling at me!! I demanded my money back that I had already paid and he followed me out and wrote down my license plate info. (???)

Don't ever go to M&M. Houston doesn't have enough hobby shops, but we could certainly live without them.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:04 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think the hood might be gettin' to him.
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:48 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default welcome H-Town

Thanks for the compliment from Vertigo Raceway! We are currently building our stock on Traxxas and Mugen parts. We also carry Rocket Science fuel and Racer's Edge accessories. We just got setup with Alpha Plus and are now stocking their nitro .21 engines.

We only focus on r/c cars and race ourselves. In fact, there are many times we'll be elbow to elbow on the driver's stand. We put alot of hard work into the maintenance of our track and take pride in our service.

Come out and play anytime youre in H-Town. We're about halfway between Houston and Galveston in Alvin, TX. Keep up to date with our news on and races on our website www.vertigoraceway.com

See yall soon!

Vertigo Raceway
Verti Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I know this is an old thread but it pops up at the top of google when you search for M&M hobby. They're under new ownership now and they're doing a ton better. There track isn't as great as some of the others in houston but it's a lot better now. all i'm really saying is give them a chance, i personally really like the shop.
JJBTEXAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:57 AM   #8
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

And now they are closing!
bdmpastx is offline   Reply With Quote