R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 01-22-2010, 03:47 AM   #121
Tech Regular

Josh, when do you take off, do some good after run maintenance on your motors before you leave.
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
bando711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:33 AM   #122
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Ken,

Nitro motors are cleaned, lubed, and sealed up so no rust! Lipo is discharged to about 6.9 volts. Don't know what to do about the electric motor though...

I take off Sunday evening
Z01-T JG O'Donnell SS.21 Powered---FOR SALE
HPI Blitz
Mr. Bojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:43 AM   #123
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Haha, Jon, you kill me bud...

I seen your team driver thread over on the Caster forum... Thats awesome!

Now, if only you can keep your pivot balls from popping off on the first lap!

I got a new clutch sent in from Ascendancy Racing. It's a four shoe design. I have yet to try it out but if anyone wants to take a look at it let me know! It's getting rave reviews right now! Supposed to last forever... I may be able to get a discount for active duty members of the military. Let me know!
Z01-T JG O'Donnell SS.21 Powered---FOR SALE
HPI Blitz
Mr. Bojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:44 AM   #124
Tech Regular

Sounds like you got it covered. The Blitz motor should be fine as is.

Take care, return safe and thanks for your service.
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
Old 01-22-2010, 10:33 PM   #125
Tech Addict

Josh,

Stay safe and keep your head down! I'm sure it'll go by fast. Take care, and we'll see ya when you get back...

- Paulie
pgeldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:58 AM   #126
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The whole 1/8 track was rolled by Mike, and the landing for the triple was reworked today. Jon hauled a crap load of dirt. Basically the spacing is the same between all three now, and we did not touch the landing. You can now screw it up without casing it.
igyrigged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:07 AM   #127
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Murdadock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bando711 View Post
Did you have any temp issues with the 19 or 17t, I smoked checked this setup once by running it in the slash.......I knew it was getting hot but I couldn't stop. If you think the slash is fun stock.......try it with a Mamba Max. I don't want to go through the repair process agian, so I will show some restraint....if I must
It did get pretty toasty but never went over the legal limit w/ the 19T. I think about 150F. Really close. The 17T had no heat issues unless I ran the 3S LiPo on it. 17T is pretty Safe. The 15T is easier for me to control. The 17&19T I controlled well in straight lines. But I do like to sit on the throttle all the time. I am getting better with that though.

BTW, I think Paulie fried a MM in his DB01 with a 19T. I know it ran great for a race out at BIOs and we were out there a week or so before it closed and it overheated and shat.

I run different tires on my DB01, front to rear. Just because the bowties are not available for the front. The Prolines were best at BIOs and I bet they are the best at the hill too. IGY runs the same on his DF-03s last time I checked. I saw him run and that sold me on the Proline Holeshot Bowties.
Axial Scorpion, TRXS Slash
TA-05 (Sticking w/ Beginner Class BTW)
Murdadock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:33 AM   #128
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdadock View Post

BTW, I think Paulie fried a MM in his DB01 with a 19T. I know it ran great for a race out at BIOs and we were out there a week or so before it closed and it overheated and shat.
Yup, you are correct Jason. The 19t pinion was just too much for the 5700 in the DB01 for the hot summer temps at Bios. I recorded peak motor temps of 212F. The 17t pinion was the solution, and I didn't really give up much either in the way of performance, as you couldn't really use all the top speed anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igyrigged View Post
The whole 1/8 track was rolled by Mike, and the landing for the triple was reworked today. Jon hauled a crap load of dirt. Basically the spacing is the same between all three now, and we did not touch the landing. You can now screw it up without casing it.
Dang! You guys move fast! Glad to see the triple is a little more friendly, but if the landing wasn't touched it still doesn't address the fact that when you overshoot it you will still flatland from like 6 feet, which was one of the major complaints in the first place, no?

I never cared about that, but I know it was a major sticking point with some folks...

- Paulie
Old 01-23-2010, 02:37 AM   #129
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Paulie, The complaint was that it was to hard to hit the landing on the triple without casing it, so people would overshoot. There is a much bigger window to land it now and even if you miss it won't hurt so bad.
igyrigged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 03:07 AM   #130
Tech Addict

Sweet. So does the steak dinner offer still stand if you properly downside it 3 out of 4 times then?

LOL!

Glad to see it got reworked. Hopefully everyone is happy with it now. I can't wait to get back!

On a different note, 1 of my packages came from Hong Kong, the other is still pending customs inspection. So I believe 2 of your batteries in are here in the 1st package Igy, and the remaining 2 are in the second package with Jon's 2 batteries. I'm sure the second package will arrive by the time I get back.

- Paulie
Old 01-23-2010, 03:17 AM   #131
Tech Regular

Jason, Paulie thanks for the info on the DB-01, think I will start a 15T and see where it goes from there.

Sorry I couldn't help out at the RC complex today......Saturday is the wifes day, hiking through the woods looking at waterfalls.

Anyone going out in the morning? Jon, Iggy any work left that can be done by an old man with hand tools?

Fusion test run, DB-01 maiden voyage.........and a Baja 5T carb tune are my goals at the track Sunday, should be there by 9ish.
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
Old 01-23-2010, 03:21 AM   #132
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Murdadock

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgeldz View Post
Sweet. So does the steak dinner offer still stand if you properly downside it 3 out of 4 times then?

LOL!

Glad to see it got reworked. Hopefully everyone is happy with it now. I can't wait to get back!

On a different note, 1 of my packages came from Hong Kong, the other is still pending customs inspection. So I believe 2 of your batteries in are here in the 1st package Igy, and the remaining 2 are in the second package with Jon's 2 batteries. I'm sure the second package will arrive by the time I get back.

- Paulie
Would those be turnigys? How much were they?
Axial Scorpion, TRXS Slash
TA-05 (Sticking w/ Beginner Class BTW)
Murdadock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 03:23 AM   #133
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdadock View Post
I run different tires on my DB01, front to rear. Just because the bowties are not available for the front. The Prolines were best at BIOs and I bet they are the best at the hill too. IGY runs the same on his DF-03s last time I checked. I saw him run and that sold me on the Proline Holeshot Bowties.

I decided to give these a try and they make them for the front and rear. JConcepts Goose Bumps 2.2 Buggy Tires (Green). I should have them by next weekend.
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
Old 01-23-2010, 03:33 AM   #134
Tech Addict

Sweet Ken. I'll have the new Holeshot 2.0's in M3 compound so we can compare notes.

As for the batteries Jason, I have some Turnigy's coming for Igy, and some Zippy FlightMax's coming for both me and Jon. I'd have to look up the price as I don't remember off hand because we each ordered different types of batteries. Igy went with softcase 4s 5000's, I went with 2s 5000 hardcases, and Jon went with 2s 4000 hardcases...

All in all it was much cheaper than the "name brand" batteries out there, and I think the performance will be similar. We'll see.

- Paulie
Old 01-23-2010, 03:57 AM   #135
Tech Regular

I have been holding off passing this info until I tried these batteries. I have several runs on the first set , liked them so much I bought another. They power the MMM without issue and will fit anything a standard 6cell stick fits. I have not tried shipping to my new address so I went to APO and they still got here in about two weeks. About one week if you ship to your downtown address.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RC-Lab-5000mAh-3...item2a041094d2
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV