Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Adept

Took care of most of it yesterday,

the tracks looked really good, maybe check the tubing and see if/where it pulled up and maybe put it back in until we get the longer nails to tack it down.

Have fun, I may see you there today, if not definately I will be there tomorrow around 9-10
Old 01-15-2010, 12:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

had a good time today. Tracks look good but are really really dry! Blitz was fun, but hard to control on the dusty dry track. Got there and there was a father and son driving brand new traxxas rtrs. I think one was a rustler and the other a bandit. But they were driving them on the 1/8th scale track. I told them they can drive on the 1/8 track but at their own risk of breaking their equipment.

Does anyone have batteries with traxxas connectors that I can borrow for tomorrow? Or are we not doing a shortcourse race tomorrow?

Robert...when i went by today the stairs were gone. I dunno if you knew that already but just a heads up!
Old 01-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Tech Adept

I have 4 btry's, 2 w trx connectors 2 i use an adapter on, you can either borrow the adapter or the btry...

I plan on being there around 9 or 10..

has anyone told the guys at rcp?
Old 01-15-2010, 05:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Why would you question a short course race of course there will be one, i know im bringing mine and ethan his im sure anthony his and so on cant wait I will have to agree on the dry and dusty i went there this evening right before it got dark and ran mine and my sc10 didnt hook up either...you got to learn how to be easy on the throttle and you will be fine see you tomorrow
Old 01-15-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

anyone bringing their buggy? Should i bring mine?
Old 01-18-2010, 04:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Whats going on. I am out of the loop. Is there a race next weekend. Am I missing something. What r we racing? I'll race it.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Murdadock
Whats going on. I am out of the loop. Is there a race next weekend. Am I missing something. What r we racing? I'll race it.
Your out of the loop alright! Your sign. block doesn't show a 1/8 scale buggy...........so that is what we are racing. How dare you go on a family vacation during our grand opening
Old 01-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bando711
Your out of the loop alright! Your sign. block doesn't show a 1/8 scale buggy...........so that is what we are racing. How dare you go on a family vacation during our grand opening
Blah, I'll get to it. Anyways, How is that DB01 running. Any issues.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

It Is still on the bench in a build status........it will debut this weekend.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Looking at the forecast...chance of rain later this week, could use some, if we get a good downpour I'll see if Mike can make out for some rolling on the tracks this weekend.

IMO the tracks are holding up well, some rocks are coming through on the 1/8 and the moon dust is in a few spots...jumps are holding up well except the 3rd on the triple and the 2nd on the double.
the 1/10 is dusty and needs a good roll too.

The genny is running, so you can fire it up to charge batteries...it runs ok, will get some fuel treatment for it and needs a few bolts/pop rivets and a new muffler. Anyone got a scooter or motorcyle muffler? Remember to shut it off, the silver switch on the right side of the pull start--run up--off down--

As far as a race in February, the three day weekend falls on Valentines Day (Sunday the 14th)which would be bad news for those of us looking for love in all the wrong places.

Sundays are best for locals and the third Sunday (21st) is the on road race for Siro, so if we held it then PGeldz would have to make one of the most difficult decisions in his RC life.

I don't know everyone's secret schedule and we would like to get a good showing.

With that said, can everyone wait until February 28th? It gives us a good amount of time to check the starting system, get the driver stand in place and do some track maintenance after some rain (hopefully). AND ADVERTISE!!
Old 01-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YDBD

Sundays are best for locals and the third Sunday (21st) is the on road race for Siro, so if we held it then PGeldz would have to make one of the most difficult decisions in his RC life.
LOL! Well, of course the off-road schedule shouldn't revolve around me, but seriously, we should give EVERYONE (not just me), every opportunity to compete in both on-road AND off-road. That's kind of hard to do if we purposely schedule races on the same weekends, so yeah, I'd like to see our off-road races on a different weekend for sure. I wouldn't want to ailenate the folks who want to do both. Again, this isn't about me, it's about making the opportunities available to do both types of racing to ANYONE who chooses to do so. I'd still be saying this even if I only ran off-road.

- Paulie
Old 01-18-2010, 11:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pgeldz
LOL! Well, of course the off-road schedule shouldn't revolve around me, but seriously, we should give EVERYONE (not just me), every opportunity to compete in both on-road AND off-road. That's kind of hard to do if we purposely schedule races on the same weekends, so yeah, I'd like to see our off-road races on a different weekend for sure. I wouldn't want to ailenate the folks who want to do both. Again, this isn't about me, it's about making the opportunities available to do both types of racing to ANYONE who chooses to do so. I'd still be saying this even if I only ran off-road.

- Paulie
Off-road trump on-road for me, especially if we are doing 1/10 23T Stadium trucks. But, I would like to run on-road too.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:00 AM
Tech Regular

Everyone get mad and nothing to say?

Hey Caster Team driver, need some info on captured hinge pins.

Going out Sunday to do some fine tuning and maybe some track maintenance..........

Oh yah, REVO still for sale, let me know if anyone wants a test drive on Sunday
Old 01-20-2010, 01:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bando711
Everyone get mad and nothing to say?

Hey Caster Team driver, need some info on captured hinge pins.

Going out Sunday to do some fine tuning and maybe some track maintenance..........

Oh yah, REVO still for sale, let me know if anyone wants a test drive on Sunday
No madness here. Just patiently waiting until I return to Okinawa to start my assault at "The Hill"

LOL!

- Paulie
Old 01-20-2010, 02:05 AM
Tech Regular

Paulie, have you had the procedure done yet? Hope everything is going well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.