Wiki Posts
Search

The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 05:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crymynal
Jason...what state did you put or your user name? I'm not seeing your name on the members list. I am the "Regional Team Manager" that Ken mentioned. I'll talk to you at the track on Sunday (if I see you) about the details of your membership. Welcome to Team Terribles (TT)!!!!
My state is AP. Username: murdadock

Can you guys give me some reviews and recommends for 1/8th tires for the track?

Last edited by Murdadock; 03-25-2010 at 06:43 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crymynal
Jon...I just found your Tekin motor at a Team Terribles (TT) Sponsor.

http://www.4chobbysupply.com/servlet...ors/Categories
Took a look at it...is there a TT discount code for them? Or is that the TT price?

Originally Posted by Murdadock
Can you guys give me some reviews and recommends for 1/8th tires for the track?
This is what I think guys were running:

Ken: Proline Bowties full set/AKA Cross Brace full set
Paulie: AKA I Beams rear City Block Front/ Proline Caliber full set (too grippy)
Jon: Panther Komodo full set/AKA I Beam front Panther Komodo rear/Proline Crime Fighter full set/Caster V1 full set/Caster V2 full set

I think Igy was using Bowties and Holeshots
Anthony used Caster V2 until worn
Robert used the Caster V2 until worn then was using some Crime Fighters and Bowties

I've been running Crime Fighters last couple weeks, M2 due to the rocks cutting up M3 and other soft tires.

I have a few more wheels and tires you can use before you spend mo money. Some are no name or mismatched pairs.

Prices on TT store are the best for AKA, JConcepts and OFNA, but also check www.holeshothobbies.com for a sale on JConcepts
Old 03-26-2010, 01:07 AM
Tech Master

I may be there late tomorrow or early Sunday, most likely early Sunday...
Old 03-26-2010, 01:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YDBD
Took a look at it...is there a TT discount code for them? Or is that the TT price?
That is their price, and you still get a TT discount.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:44 AM
Tech Adept

Who is going to be there tomorrow?
Old 03-26-2010, 05:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'll be there tomorrow.

Tires

m3 holeshots awesome when dry, but wear to fast.

AKA medium cityblocks ok when dry, good when wet and seem to be lasting a long time.

AKA supersoft I beam awesome wet or dry, but wear faster than m3 holeshots. They wore ok when track was wet and cold, but I think soft compound will be better.

Proline M3 Recoil, new tire, I have one day of running on these, and they have little to no wear. The track was pretty slick/dusty which made the car seem loose, but I switched back to my I beams and they were about the same. they also seemed to give slightly more steering than the I beams.

My next tire will probably be the soft AKA I beam or M2 bowties, because they are virtually the same tire. It is also possible that with a couple more weekends on the recoils I may get more. I liked the fact they were M3 but not wearing as bad as M3 usually does.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

ill b there...early
Old 03-27-2010, 06:18 AM
Tech Adept

RC People that will be there tomorrow,
I need a hinge pin C clamp thingy for the Caster. Damn thing went flying.
I'll be the for a few hours (hopefully) in the morning.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Gotta few of those...upgrade to captured? Hakmazter's playing catchup but he gottabout a three day turnaround on getting stuff shipped...not bad...
Old 03-28-2010, 04:13 AM
Tech Adept

Alright Gents,
Lemme start by saying that I had some really great laps after I took a break from hacking around.
So after running today, I have decided that a Mamba Monster is no longer a nicety but a necessity. I really miss having a throttle curve adjust-ability. I have a mini laptop that I would be perfect for me to bring out to fine tune it on the fly.

This comes in conjunction with the want for more power. I (hesitantly) ran a 3 cell and 2 cell and it provided predictable power needed for making all the jumps and for making the turns the way I wanted...but for strolling around the track it was a little too much power and harder to control. That is where the throttle curve control would be superior. Better tires would also help that out, or a damper track.

Now for batteries, I think most people are running 4cell but is anyone running 6 cell? The 5 cell combo worked great but I am not sure if the is safe. So if someone could enlighten me on that. They were both 5000mah. I suppose I could look it up but I am lazy.

Jon,
I couldn't find any LiFe hard case batteries on hobby king. Am I looking at the wrong thing. There LiFe batteries were few and far between.

Last edited by Murdadock; 03-28-2010 at 04:52 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Alright Gents,
Lemme start by saying that I had some really great laps after I took a break from hacking around.
So after running today, I have decided that a Mamba Monster is no longer a nicety but a necessity. I really miss having a throttle curve adjust-ability. I have a mini laptop that I would be perfect for me to bring out to fine tune it on the fly.

Jon,
I couldn't find any LiFe hard case batteries on hobby king. Am I looking at the wrong thing. There LiFe batteries were few and far between.
Axlenut, YOU have throttle curve adjustability on your controller AND using the program card on the Hobbywing. You just need to learn how to use it. On your controller it's the EXP and on the program card it's the Start Mode (punch). The Hobbywing is quickly moving up on tracks as the ESC to have. I MAY be switching from the Monster to the RX8, but I should have bought a Hobbywing XERUN and saved $100.

You don't need hardcase LiFe, the are supposed to be bullet proof as they are more the Nimhs.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by YDBD
Axlenut, YOU have throttle curve adjustability on your controller AND using the program card on the Hobbywing. You just need to learn how to use it. On your controller it's the EXP and on the program card it's the Start Mode (punch). The Hobbywing is quickly moving up on tracks as the ESC to have. I MAY be switching from the Monster to the RX8, but I should have bought a Hobbywing XERUN and saved $100.

You don't need hardcase LiFe, the are supposed to be bullet proof as they are more the Nimhs.
:-) Never said hobby wing was bad. I'll screw around with the radio a bit more.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Thats what you do best!
Old 03-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you need anything, it is a better motor to go with the fairly bullet proof HW esc.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by igyrigged
If you need anything, it is a better motor to go with the fairly bullet proof HW esc.
translation: run the fusion 2000 till you learn to drive...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.