Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan >

The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan

The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan

Old 03-16-2010, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by crymynal
Since we have pretty much decided that 23T motors would be used in the ST class, what is the brushless equivalent for those who would be interested in going that route? I know that Siro and X-Hobby are both doing 10.5, Malaysia is doing 11.5, and Tamiya markets their 12 as a 23T brushed equivalent. What do the masses here agree on? Or do we want to go 23T brushed only and an open class?

I would be interested in going brushless, for the same reason as Iggy......little or no maintenance required. It is hard to get a good read on equivalent motors, what is Iggy running?
Old 03-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

oh come on...lets go through all the 23T's I got from Paulie first then go brushless...brushless system about 120, with your current ESC you can go through at least 3 more motors for that price...
Old 03-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Since we have pretty much decided that 23T motors would be used in the ST class, what is the brushless equivalent for those who would be interested in going that route? I know that Siro and X-Hobby are both doing 10.5, Malaysia is doing 11.5, and Tamiya markets their 12 as a 23T brushed equivalent. What do the masses here agree on? Or do we want to go 23T brushed only and an open class?
I agree. I would prefer BL. I have already destroyed one motor due to a rock or something in the brushes. Plus a lil' more run time wouldn't be a bad thing either.

And, what is the opionion on this slash body?

Last edited by Murdadock; 03-16-2010 at 05:12 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 03-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YDBD
oh come on...lets go through all the 23T's I got from Paulie first then go brushless...brushless system about 120, with your current ESC you can go through at least 3 more motors for that price...

How many you got? I only have the one I'm running. I am already using a brushless ESC so just looking at options.......but if you got spares!!!!

Jason that body looks awsome..............how will it look on your truck upside down
Old 03-16-2010, 11:45 PM
Tech Master

I think I got 3 23t waiting to be burnt up....

mmmthat slash body's making me think....mmmmm....interesting......much better than the dune buggy....mmmmmmmmmmmm.....
Old 03-17-2010, 02:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Murdadock

And, what is the opionion on this slash body?
I love this Slash body!!! Definitely my favorite so far...

Oh, my parts finally arrived. But we're playing war games this weekend/next week, so I won't have my ish together until sometime after that...

Did I mention I'm retiring this year?

Did I mention that I can't wait?

- Paulie
Old 03-17-2010, 02:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bando711
How many you got? I only have the one I'm running. I am already using a brushless ESC so just looking at options.......but if you got spares!!!!
Talked with Jon. My intent is not to go away from the 23T but to have a competative brushless equivalent for those that opt to go this route. I would like for the motor we pick to be a low end brushless and be comparable to a box stock 23T motor, not a Paulified 23T motor.

Originally Posted by bando711
Jason that body looks awsome..............how will it look on your truck upside down
It's a rally body!!! Jason...You might as well talk to Antoni and see if you can get his TL01!!???!!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 04:03 AM
Tech Adept

Talked with Jon. My intent is not to go away from the 23T but to have a competative brushless equivalent for those that opt to go this route. I would like for the motor we pick to be a low end brushless and be comparable to a box stock 23T motor, not a Paulified 23T motor.
Agreed

It's a rally body!!! Jason...You might as well talk to Antoni and see if you can get his TL01!!???!!!!
Stop being a dick
Old 03-17-2010, 05:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm running hobbywing 13.5 bl in my stadium truck. It is def faster than the crappy 23t motors I have, but I don't know about the nice 23t ken is running.

I'll be back Friday, and plan to be at the track Sat or Sun, depending on when everyone else is going.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

I was thinking along the lines of this 13.5 or the Turnigy Mach 4. Both are 13.5, so along those lines any 13.5 would probably be the ticket. These are rated at a 27T Brushed motor.

Iggy...I would like to see your truck against my Evader. The 23T I have in there seems to be pretty good. I'm trying to go out Saturday morning if your available.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Sounds like we need a pool order from hobbyking...LiFe's and 13.5T hobbywings.

I am planning on being at The Hill Saturday between 9:30 and 10 and stay for a while...

I will have two of the student built Fusions, maybe three, one for Jason and one for Mike Liem and one for Dan Stagner.

I will hopefully have my EX 1.5 done, awaiting the T8 1700kv. If I finish I'm not sure I'll drive it...just look at it...

Axlenut, I'll check with Antoni on his TL-01 for you...

but I got 23T paulified motors...I'll bring those...
Old 03-18-2010, 01:47 AM
Tech Regular

Sounds like we need a pool order from hobbyking...LiFe's and 13.5T hobbywings.
Could be a possibility. I would like to pick up some more of the 5K's that I have.

Anyone have an opinion on the 13.5T with LiFe?

I am planning on being at The Hill Saturday between 9:30 and 10 and stay for a while...
I should be there about the same but leave around 1'ish.

I got 23T paulified motors...I'll bring those...
You like that don't you? "Paulified"

Where is the icon for that?????
Old 03-18-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Adept

Another awesome new RC. It is a 2WDbuggy based from a Short course truck........
I post these to get people talking. Start talking.

Last edited by Murdadock; 03-18-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Brian, are you back yet? Sorry I didn't get your email i was off ship for a couple of weeks. Get back at me bro!
Old 03-19-2010, 02:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Murdadock
I post these to get people talking. Start talking.
Enough with the pics. You want to have a conversation start talking and asking questions. How about....

Axlenut: How do I keep my car from turning over?

All of us: Let someone else drive it!!!!!!!

Seriously though.....Who's going out this weekend?

I plan on going to The Hill Saturday morning, but have to leave by 1pm because the kids have things going on in the afternoon.

I'm also trying to get out to Siro's race on Sunday. Next month is the Tamiya Cup Challenge and the 3-Hour Endurance Race. I won't be here for the Tamiya Cup but will be at the Enduro if I can put together a team. I have two drivers right now. I will need at least one more (a beginner is still needed also). Igy? Ethan?

Paul are you going to put togther a team this time?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.