R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 03-04-2010, 04:17 AM   #451
Tech Regular

Got the last six Zippies in today and so far so good. All six check out, all cells are reading 3.85v and the charging is going well. Of the 10 packs I bought only one was a little different, it showed one cell about .2 of a volt lower than the other. Did a balance, charge, discharge and then a full charge/balance and it is spot on. I had a chance to run two sets of these last weekend and I am convinced @ $27 each it is the best value around. They powered the MMM 2650kv all day and never failed to provide all the juice I wanted.............now I get to solder 6 more Deans Plugs
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
bando711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:59 AM   #452
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bando711 View Post
Got the last six Zippies in today and so far so good. All six check out, all cells are reading 3.85v and the charging is going well. Of the 10 packs I bought only one was a little different, it showed one cell about .2 of a volt lower than the other. Did a balance, charge, discharge and then a full charge/balance and it is spot on. I had a chance to run two sets of these last weekend and I am convinced @ $27 each it is the best value around. They powered the MMM 2650kv all day and never failed to provide all the juice I wanted.............now I get to solder 6 more Deans Plugs
...and I thought they were a good deal at $46, ha ha ha.

They received my bad battery, and are going to ship out a replacement for free. Problem now is that they are out of stock!!! ARRGH!

I use these in pairs, so I hope the repacement they give me is the same style case as what I already have...

Finally sorted the long big bore shocks for the rear of the Vorza and D8. After discovering the shafts on one of the pre-built sets were actually different sizes, I ordered a bunch of spare parts and decided to build them OCD Paulie-style. I ordered so much stuff, I actually ordered the stuff I needed twice! Good thing I did though, cause some of the parts were not usable - scorn shafts, etc. When it was all said and done, I was able to build 4 pairs. I'm keeping two pairs for the rear of the Vorza and D8, and I'm selling the other two pairs (Igy?).

I also got my second wing mount in for the Vorza, and a few wings as well.

So now I can test out the longer rear shocks by removing just the shock tower, and install the new tower with longer shocks and wing already pre-installed, saving a bunch of wrench time at the track.

Still waiting on that 1 other part though that shipped First Class Mail on 2 Mar. Hopefully I'll get it soon, and I'll be out there soon enough.

I really wish the stand was out there...any words on that yet?

- Paulie
pgeldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:39 AM   #453
Tech Regular

Paulie, refresh my memory, did you get the 5000mah 30C with the wires coming out of the end? If so I have 2 set aside in reserve. I can front you one until your replacement comes in if you need it.
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
Old 03-06-2010, 03:53 PM   #454
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to YDBD

bolts, I'll buy the bolts....just get the stand there...

looks a bit rainy today, prolly won't make it out there...

Unless you are into aerial tricks stay away from the right side of the triple...needs work....tho it's pretty entertaining to see what cars can do in the air and *possibly* recover....
YDBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #455
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDBD View Post
Unless you are into aerial tricks stay away from the right side of the triple...needs work....tho it's pretty entertaining to see what cars can do in the air and *possibly* recover....
Yep, the run up on that side is jacked up, but atleast the face of the jump is still good.
igyrigged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:08 PM   #456
Tech Adept

All,

The EX-1 was like night and day yesterday with your help on the Servo, steering adjustment and tire change.

On the upside Iam becoming much more consistent and faster.

on the down side, I broke a steering turn buckle (just got the new upgrade ones from caster) and also broke the keeper pin for the front CVD (holds the ball in the cup)

does anyon ehave a pin I can get until my new ones get here?, RCP does not have anything to replace it.

Thanks again for all the help,

Robert
XTM Mammoth
Tamiya TT-01E
chemfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:14 PM   #457
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bando711 View Post
Paulie, refresh my memory, did you get the 5000mah 30C with the wires coming out of the end? If so I have 2 set aside in reserve. I can front you one until your replacement comes in if you need it.
My wires come out of the short side of the case, in the center, not the corner like the picture on the website shows...

I do have several other batteries I can use, but I hope than when my replacement battery does get here, it's the same as what I already have.

Thanks though Ken.

Yeah, the weather does look crappy today. I'll probably head up to RC Paradise (if I can get out of my house with the marathon going on) and run my Mini-Z's.

I went there late last night after I got everything done and get this...I left my batteries at home! I was in such a hurry to get there, I took my batteries out of the charger and placed them into their storage case, put the chargers in my bag and headed out to the track, leaving my batteries in their own case on my table at home.

ARRGH!

I did see Robert and Anthony though there. Oh, and Nick shattered the MR-03 record by .19 seconds. The new record is 13.01. Kenji's best is 13.20, and mine was 13.25. I worked a bunch on set up last night, and the car is now lightened a great deal, so we'll see how it does today.

About that drivers' stand at the Hill - Robert said the bolts should be here early this week, and hopefully the'll get to working on it again soon. Thh base is already completed from what he said - just need more hardware to finish it up. Maybe by the time it's done, I'll have my 8th scale parts and I can finally make my way into the dirt.

- Paulie
Old 03-06-2010, 04:16 PM   #458
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemfrk View Post
All,

The EX-1 was like night and day yesterday with your help on the Servo, steering adjustment and tire change.

on the down side, I broke a steering turn buckle (just got the new upgrade ones from caster) and also broke the keeper pin for the front CVD (holds the ball in the cup)

does anyon ehave a pin I can get until my new ones get here?, RCP does not have anything to replace it.

Robert
Robert,

When I wa sat RC Paradise yesterday, I looked around for a pin, and they had a Mugen CVD with spare pin inside. I'm sure it's very close to what you needed. It was under 1,000 Yen.

Did you see that? If it does work, maybe you could pick that up and then sell the CVD to Igy for a spare since he has Mugen cars...

Just a thought.

- Paulie
Old 03-06-2010, 04:27 PM   #459
Tech Adept

Jon,

I went to look for the DIY shop last night,

you said go to Gate 5, and make a left (it is the yellow lion DIY?)

is it close to A-price? or am I in the right area?
XTM Mammoth
Tamiya TT-01E
Old 03-06-2010, 04:33 PM   #460
Tech Adept

Paulie,

We looked at that CVD last night but when Nick measured it, it was off a little, I may take my dig micrometer and the pin from the other side to compare.

Thanks for keeping an eye out.

Anthony's EX-1 looks sweet, to clean though...
XTM Mammoth
Tamiya TT-01E
Old 03-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #461
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, got the Orion Vortex Experience 2 in the XXX4. This thing is fast...too much top end for off-road. Maybe I'll swapt it for the Velineon and put the Vortex in the 23t car.

The Slash is ready to go. Too slow in stock form as Ken is fond of saying, but fun and easy to drive.

I'm sold on the Futaba 3PK 2.4 FASST. Need to donate a bunch of FM and AM gear...

Mike

The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan-xxx4.jpg

The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan-slash.jpg

The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan-slash-2.jpg
raycerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:17 PM   #462
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Question for the KO guys.

Guys, on the KO Rx, is the signal wire toward the inside or outside of the receiver? Thanx.

Mike
raycerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #463
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemfrk View Post
All,

Robert
Robert I have extra front CVD's, you are more than welcome to one until you get a replacement.
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
Old 03-06-2010, 08:36 PM   #464
Tech Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to ZebraFace
Talking

It seems like there aren't to many crawlers out here. I have been crawling spots all over the island and it is great to see there is a track here on base.

I haven't been to the track yet but I am excited to see it. I hope to bring new people to the hobby over at the crawler section. I only do crawlers. So hopefully there will be some people there to challenge me. It's also great to get together with other friends of the hobby.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:49 PM   #465
Tech Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to ZebraFace

Also, I went through a lot of the pages here looking for some pics of the crawler section and I did not see any. Does anyone have some they can link me to? I would go look in person but I have a broken foot at the time and I can not drive. I am really excited to help in any way that I can. I talked two of my friends into buying some intro crawlers to get the section going.