R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 02-13-2010, 04:26 PM   #331
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Damn! The Vellineon motor won't fit on the XXX4 G-Plus. Or maybe I just need to grind the ridge that's under the endbell. Why is the can on this thing so much longer tha on my other BL motors? It's a 1/10 motor right?

Mike
raycerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #332
Tech Adept

Default RC Rallycross!

OK, for guys like Jon who has lost the mojo for onroad, how about doing RC rallycross with our TCs? Just slap on some drift tires and rally body, and throw in some jumps and bumps on the track and we be good to go!

Mike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRukTByY3Cg
Old 02-14-2010, 02:19 AM   #333
Tech Regular

So.......did anyone go to the track today?
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
bando711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:43 AM   #334
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know Jason was there. I will be there tomorrow if the rain stops.
igyrigged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:02 AM   #335
Tech Apprentice

I thought it was gonig to rain all weekend, so I didnt head up there. Is anyone going to be there on Tuesday?
HASTINGSRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:10 AM   #336
Tech Addict

Probably be there Tues. also.
igyrigged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:45 AM   #337
Tech Adept

Send a message via Skype™ to Murdadock

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycerZ View Post
OK, for guys like Jon who has lost the mojo for onroad, how about doing RC rallycross with our TCs? Just slap on some drift tires and rally body, and throw in some jumps and bumps on the track and we be good to go!

Mike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRukTByY3Cg
Those are not drift tires, they are rally tires and they might as well be drifting. I think it would be fun but I wonder what those guys are running.

The track today was awesome. It was a little dryer but sticky too. Perfect condition. Ran into another guy from kinser who had dug his 1/8 nitro out of storage when he seen the article in the paper. We'll see more of him. He is a Flyer who said he knows Ethan. His boy was there with a 1/10 Buggy playing around.

To those who tried to help fix the firestorm yesterday, thanks. I tore it down again and just sorta poked it like a curious animal. Didn't do anything. Put it together and hald the axle cups with pliers and it worked fine. Got it to the track and it was screwed up again.
I felt REALLY stupid when I realized that the wheel nut backed off an the Wheel hex was stripped a bit and was making the thumping sound that sounded like a busted Diff.

New problem is the motor runs hot. It maintained a 170-193F temp during use. Surprised because I am running a 19T pinion and 23T motor. It seems to be running the same speed as Kens. Oh well, guess I'll have to slow it down.

Ken,
What are those tires your running on your LOSI ST?
Axial Scorpion, TRXS Slash
TA-05 (Sticking w/ Beginner Class BTW)
Murdadock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:55 AM   #338
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdadock View Post
Ken,
What are those tires your running on your LOSI ST?
Pro-Line Badlands 2.2" M3 All Terrain Tires, I got them from A main hobbies

I still plan on going out Monday, weather permitting
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
Old 02-14-2010, 04:01 AM   #339
Tech Adept

Default HELP!

Anyone have a 16 or 17t American 48-pitch pinion to sell? None of my metric pinions will mesh properly with the slipper gear on the Losi XXX-4.

Mike
Old 02-14-2010, 05:50 AM   #340
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdadock View Post
New problem is the motor runs hot. It maintained a 170-193F temp during use. Surprised because I am running a 19T pinion and 23T motor. It seems to be running the same speed as Kens. Oh well, guess I'll have to slow it down.
I could just slow down for ya if your having trouble keeping up

Are still running the stock 87 spur? Sounds like you need to drop down a couple on the pinion, I think that truck came with a 15t motor.....so that 23t may be working hard.

this is what you really need to keep up.........this and Geri said she could give you driving lessons on Tuesday nights
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-2wd-Truck-Kit
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
Old 02-14-2010, 06:41 AM   #341
Tech Addict

Well, it ws a pretty interesting day for me with R/C stuff...

First off, I HATE NiMhs...

I planned to head out to Yomitan to give the new brushless EVO 5 MS a whirl. That didn't happen. In the time it took to performmy NiMh battery maintenance to 4 packs of race cells (discharge to .9v per cell, charge, quick discharge at 20A, then final discharge again to .9v per cell to balance, then final charge at 4.2A), it was downpouring outside!!! ARRGH!!!

Then I figure I'll rebuild the shocks in my DB01 (since I didn't get to it last weekend), but that didn't go smooth either. I originally was going to do the rebuild since I had to replace a shock shaft since it broke. Well, the shaft broke flush with the shock end, and there is no way to get it out to re-use the shock end. No one has them on the island and I didn't want to wait either, so I ended up buying another set of the Tamiya Aeration dampers. At least I have a full set of spare parts if I should break again. DB01 is all back together and butter smooth. Ken and Jason, if you want my set up sheet let me know.

Lastly, I figured I'd reset the voltage cut off in the Vorza to 3.2V per cell, instead of 3.1 I had previously. I plug it all up, and it says new software is available. Cool, download that, and it went fine. Plugged up the ESC, and it says new firmware is available for the device, cool. Problem is it keeps failing when I try to install the new firmware. No biggie, I'll just leave the firmware as is and adjust the cutoff to 3.2v per cell. Ah, no. ESC went totally unresponsive!!! ARRGH!

I had this bright idea of trying to install the previous firmware I already had, and THAT worked - the ESC took my new settings no problem. So now, the software is new (V3.25), but the firware is the same as before. I could care less because it's working perfect, but it does irk me that now everytime I start the Castle Link, I get the box come up telling me new firmware is available (which if I try to update it, it'll fail, and I have to install the old firmware to get everything to work again).

I guess tomorrow if it's dry out, I'll head up to Yomitan and try and set up the Tekin RS to Yomitan's track. If not, it'll be a Mini-Z wrenching day, as I have a whole host of goodies to install on the MR-03. Then if it rains, I could at least practice my on-road reflexes with the Mini-Z at RC Paradise. I'm sure I'm a little rusty and Mini-Zs are the perfect practice for Yomitan, without all the hassle of setting up a tent, ect.

Anyhoo, that's what I've been up to today...

- Paulie
pgeldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:51 AM   #342
Tech Regular

I decided to take a stab at the AMB20. What could it hurt right? Well I am good. I can get that system all setup and going again, but one problem. Ken ordered the wrong batteries!!! He ordered the "GP 80BVH" when he should have ordered the "GP 80BVH with tabs". So now I have to order the batteries. He tried to pull a Antoni and go cheap. The normal "80's" are $1.85 and the with tabs are over $4 each. I guess I can disassemble the transponders while I wait for the batteries to arrive.
TEAMS: Team Terribles, Team P.O.R.N. (www.pacificoffroadnitro.4t.com)
RACERS: Caster Fusion, Tamiya TA-05R, TA-05, M-03M, Caster K8-T, and many more!!!
crymynal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:08 PM   #343
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crymynal View Post
I decided to take a stab at the AMB20. What could it hurt right? Well I am good. I can get that system all setup and going again, but one problem. Ken ordered the wrong batteries!!! He ordered the "GP 80BVH" when he should have ordered the "GP 80BVH with tabs". So now I have to order the batteries. He tried to pull a Antoni and go cheap. The normal "80's" are $1.85 and the with tabs are over $4 each. I guess I can disassemble the transponders while I wait for the batteries to arrive.
Aren't those tabs soldered on?
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
Old 02-15-2010, 12:28 AM   #344
Tech Regular

Alright, I'm sorry Paulie. I thought you were full of [email protected]#% when you said you ordered the Flightmax batteries with the wires coming out the side and not the top.

I can now confirm that the 30C's do come out the top and not the side as pictured at HK.
TEAMS: Team Terribles, Team P.O.R.N. (www.pacificoffroadnitro.4t.com)
RACERS: Caster Fusion, Tamiya TA-05R, TA-05, M-03M, Caster K8-T, and many more!!!
crymynal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:19 AM   #345
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crymynal View Post
Alright, I'm sorry Paulie. I thought you were full of [email protected]#% when you said you ordered the Flightmax batteries with the wires coming out the side and not the top.

I can now confirm that the 30C's do come out the top and not the side as pictured at HK.

No worries. Not sure why you thought that though...I had the batteries in my Vorza all day...you could have just looked at them to confirm, instead of having to order some...

- Paulie
pgeldz is offline   Reply With Quote