Old 01-11-2010, 04:40 AM   #16
Tech Regular

My vote for Monday
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
bando711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:42 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I vote Saturday, as it is the soonest choice you gave.
igyrigged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:00 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I vote for saturday and monda...cuz i'll prolly be there both days anyways!
Z01-T JG O'Donnell SS.21 Powered---FOR SALE
HPI Blitz
Mr. Bojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:28 AM   #19
Tech Regular

My vote is for Monday. You probably won't be getting many locals though. It's a regular work day for them.

Sunday is the on-road race at Yomitan. Igy?, Jon, Ken, Paul?, Jason?, and I will probably be racing.

Here is a thought for all of you.....What do you say we set a certain time for locals to meet someone at the gate every weekend (Saturday and Sunday) for those of them that want to use the track. We could possibly use RCP to pass the word. If someone is going out on those days then we let Nic and Kenji know and they can put the times on a board or something. Say every hour on the hour starting at 9am and last sign on being noon.
TEAMS: Team Terribles, Team P.O.R.N. (www.pacificoffroadnitro.4t.com)
RACERS: Caster Fusion, Tamiya TA-05R, TA-05, M-03M, Caster K8-T, and many more!!!
crymynal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:51 AM   #20
Tech Regular

sounds like a good idea, we could also pass out a phone numbers......if it rings and you can't understand them they are at the front gate!!

I have no language skills, although I don't do bad in Korean after a kettle of Soju

Anthony, sent you a PM
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV
Old 01-11-2010, 07:06 AM   #21
Tech Adept

I will probably be there Sat and Monday as well, so either day works for me,

The meeting at the gate sounds great, we take turns at the gate on the hour, waiting for 10 min or so incase someone is late...

once we get a regular crew, i am sure they will all show around the same time anyway.

The guys at RCP will probably be more than glad to help since it is good track time for them as well....

If Sat is good, then let's get the word out so RCP and others can spread the word, as for the rest of us and those that can make it on Monday we will coordinate that seperately with a rough show time,,,,
XTM Mammoth
Tamiya TT-01E
chemfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:30 AM   #22
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Murdadock

Locals on the track on the weekends, great idea. lots of planning maybe. How many ppl can one person sign onto base? If 10 or so, then I propose weekend duty of some sort. I sign up for a weekend of standing at the gate from 0900-0930 to sign on locals and someone else takes the next weekend. Throwing it out there. Otherwise it will be the same person every weekend.
Axial Scorpion, TRXS Slash
TA-05 (Sticking w/ Beginner Class BTW)
Murdadock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:17 PM   #23
Tech Initiate

I'll be there Saturday and Monday...
brs3842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:16 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to YDBD

I will be there Monday...I hope...

I am at an impasse in my RC life now...with The Hill being done, I find myself wanting to tune my off road cars and put the on road's on the shelf for a while. This may be due to I am switching class from LT to GT and have less likely of a chance to even be in the A main or even the B main.

Think Ken is in the same boat with off-road, especially with the outstanding tracks we have at The Hill driving is more exciting (yes Paulie, admit it, airing it out is more fun) than going around an on road track.

I gotta switch out motors and stuff for on road but would rather switch set ups for the Fusion and DF-03 which will be my two main rides for The Hill.

Honestly, I like driving the Slash on the Blues Bay SCT Track rather than the 1/10 track at The Hill. IMO it is kinda smooth for all that suspension on a SCT.

Anyone else feeling my pain here?
YDBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:10 PM   #25
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDBD View Post
Honestly, I like driving the Slash on the Blues Bay SCT Track rather than the 1/10 track at The Hill. IMO it is kinda smooth for all that suspension on a SCT.

You feel pain because you have a nicely groomed 1/10 scale track AND a basher SCT track to drive on????? I understand what you are feeling. When everything is all spread out, there is less chance for bumper to bumper racing. It is also almost to easy to navigate a smooth track with a slow SCT, and when there is no challenge, there is less interest. Nothing like having big rocks jutting out of the ground to make things interesting. Go out there and add some rollers to the straight along the parking lot closest to the barracks.
igyrigged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:58 PM   #26
Tech Adept

Blues Bay is an awesome track, and I thank you again for letting us all run on New Years.

However, unless you sponsor track days at your place ...we are all going to have to make due with the nicely groomed, well layed out, large SCT.

the best part about the hill, we can change, add, improve it any way we want...

If you all watch real world SCT racing or have participated in Off-road or desert racing,(laughlin Leap, etc) you will see that right after the start, there is a large jump/drop down usually heading into a corner (off camber)

the track narrows at this point forcing some fender rubbing and hurt feelings.

then a set of whoops, a turn or two and then another technical section.

I would suggest we add a jump/drop at/before the first left corner after the start, then a small rumble strip/rollers along the back straight closest to the parking lot before the 180 going into the large whoops.

the rest of the track allows for some good speed and seperation.

Once we come along the section closest to the drver stand area, we add a small jump coming out of the corner that will carry you across the finish line
Attached Thumbnails
The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan-crandon_rc_track.jpg  
XTM Mammoth
Tamiya TT-01E

Last edited by chemfrk; 01-11-2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: corrections
chemfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:41 PM   #27
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDBD View Post
I will be there Monday...I hope...

I am at an impasse in my RC life now...with The Hill being done, I find myself wanting to tune my off road cars and put the on road's on the shelf for a while. This may be due to I am switching class from LT to GT and have less likely of a chance to even be in the A main or even the B main.

Think Ken is in the same boat with off-road, especially with the outstanding tracks we have at The Hill driving is more exciting (yes Paulie, admit it, airing it out is more fun) than going around an on road track.

I gotta switch out motors and stuff for on road but would rather switch set ups for the Fusion and DF-03 which will be my two main rides for The Hill.

Ok, where to start here...

I too find myself itching to run off-road as well, but I only think that's because we have a new facility dedicated to that, and the fact that I really haven't got a good chance to run my offf-road vehicles all that much.

Using NiMh's in on-road instead of LiPo's also makes it easier to just run off-road (did I ever mention how I HATE to perform NiMh battery maintanance?).

With all that said, this year brings a new dimention in on-road. I think when you guys see the speeds of the brushless set ups, combined with the new timing advanceable ESC's, you will be amazed. The new speed will be the challenging part for me and I'm looking forward to it. As far as fun factor, I do love airing it out with off-road, but there is just nothing, nothing like the feeling you get when you get it "right" in on-road. Jockeying for position, going tow-to-tow...it's just awesome. Maybe part of it is because I think the racing is closer in on-road. There is such a difference of skill level with all the off-roaders I've seen here that I feel like the racing won't be as close as it is with on-road. I'm sure once we work the kinks out with qualifiers and heats, etc it'll all balance out though. I do like the fact that it's much harder to string together perfect laps in off-road...track conditions change, etc.

As far as Slash/SC racing goes at The Hill, I think all of you guys got it wrong...

Forget the 1/10 scale track...use the BEGINNER TRACK! It would make it so much more fun. Much closer racing, and there aren't as many obstacles to navigate. I think it would make for MUCH better racing than the 1/10th course, at least for Short Course racing. Afterall, it is called "Short" Course for a reason.

The 1/10th scale course is phenominal though for 1/10 scale buggies, etc. Igy, kudo's to you for that wonderful design. I had an absolute blast with my DB01, and look forward to some great competition on that track.

I wish I could comment on the 8th scale course, but I haven't got a chance to drive on it yet. I hope it flows as well as it did in my mind when I designed it. Time will tell I guess.

- Paulie
pgeldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #28
Tech Initiate

Last Saturday I actually took a slash onto the beginner's track, and it was a blast. I think if there were 4-6 on them on there, that would make for some tight races. Just my opinion...

Brian
brs3842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:07 PM   #29
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs3842 View Post
Last Saturday I actually took a slash onto the beginner's track, and it was a blast. I think if there were 4-6 on them on there, that would make for some tight races. Just my opinion...

Brian
That's what I'm sayin'...

- Paulie
pgeldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:35 PM   #30
Tech Regular

Jon, the last thing I want to do is agree with you. But you did grag me into this by dropping my name in your post. On-road has been an up and down ride for me...... it started as a stop gap until we found a place to run off-road. At some point last year (the week I did well and won the A-main) it became fun..........didn't last long. I don't want to get into the high competition level of the 23t and in my opinion it is the only fair qualifiers that they run at Siro. All other classes are not qualifing heats but a mad dash to see who can exit the first corner without being hacked. If they ran a staggered start you would trulely be running against the clock for qualifing position. For that reason I am having a tough time warming up to race this w/e.......but I am going. If I have to make a choice, I am and always be an off-road guy.
EX-1.5R Pro, MMM 1800KV