R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #2881
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4
Default "The Hill"

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Hey is "the hill" still around on courtney? I went to that base today and drove around looking for it but couldn't find it. Went to the skatepark instead and ended up breaking a shock
It was next to the Chow Hall across from the barracks when I was there 2 years ago....
RCMilitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #2882
Tech Master
 
YDBD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Posts: 1,051
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to YDBD
Default

The Hill at Camp Courtney is pretty much done. There maybe some space to drive there, but the driver stand was destroyed in last years typhoon and the four guys that were still interested have little time to maintain the track and drive.

I cannot find a way to edit this threads title, so if someone wants to start a new thread, please do. I haven't driven in 5 months, and that was just crawling, just got too many obligations and so many drivers left as well as the indoor track and shop RC Paradise closed down.

I still have cars, just not the time to dedicate to driving.
__________________
Jon
RC and Beer Brewer
the only way to DUI!
YDBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #2883
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMilitia View Post
It was next to the Chow Hall across from the barracks when I was there 2 years ago....
ahh yeah I seen a lot there that could have possibly been a track at one time...
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #2884
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDBD View Post
The Hill at Camp Courtney is pretty much done. There maybe some space to drive there, but the driver stand was destroyed in last years typhoon and the four guys that were still interested have little time to maintain the track and drive.

I cannot find a way to edit this threads title, so if someone wants to start a new thread, please do. I haven't driven in 5 months, and that was just crawling, just got too many obligations and so many drivers left as well as the indoor track and shop RC Paradise closed down.

I still have cars, just not the time to dedicate to driving.
bummer! so there isn't a single dirt track left on this island?
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #2885
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4
Default

Well maybe if we get enough guys together we can fix and reopen the one on Courtney....I'll be there in July/August

Last edited by RCMilitia; 12-06-2013 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Additional Information
RCMilitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:40 AM   #2886
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Posts: 3
Default

Around 4 months ago I was at chibana and could have sworn I seen a track by the dog park. Sure enough I was right. So myself and another guy ordered some parts to fix our cars up and will go out as soon as we get it all in. My stuff is due in next week. Is the chibana track utilized much?
ihavenoeffort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:57 PM   #2887
Tech Master
 
YDBD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Posts: 1,051
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to YDBD
Default

Don't think so, when X Hobby was open they ran races there, nitro and electric. Post when you go, my road cars are ready, just need to charge batteries.
__________________
Jon
RC and Beer Brewer
the only way to DUI!
YDBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:07 AM   #2888
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YDBD View Post
Don't think so, when X Hobby was open they ran races there, nitro and electric. Post when you go, my road cars are ready, just need to charge batteries.
Assuming my stuff gets here this weekend...I'll be going with another person or two this weekend.
ihavenoeffort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:51 PM   #2889
Tech Apprentice
 
HPIFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 79
Default

is the hill at camp courtney ever going to get fixed up? or has it been already? id put in the effort to help if there are others interested
HPIFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #2890
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPIFreak View Post
is the hill at camp courtney ever going to get fixed up? or has it been already? id put in the effort to help if there are others interested
I would be willing to help, though I don't get back on island until July. I am all for it though if you use you help maintain it. I can't wait to get back on island! Where do you guys get your LiPos from on island?
RCMilitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:37 AM   #2891
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Posts: 3
Default

I finally got my car all fixed. I'll hopefully be at chibana tomorrow around 3pm.
ihavenoeffort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:35 PM   #2892
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 5
Default

I ordered a lipo from promatch racing online and somehow it made it through customs. A co worker ordered one from there as well and it made it.

Where is the track in chibana you all are talking about? You should post some photos if you go!
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:33 AM   #2893
Tech Apprentice
 
HPIFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
I ordered a lipo from promatch racing online and somehow it made it through customs. A co worker ordered one from there as well and it made it.

Where is the track in chibana you all are talking about? You should post some photos if you go!
its an old abandon RC track on a double tennis court. its a nice track but its very hard on cars. its like driving on sand paper

HPIFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:20 AM   #2894
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 5
Default

Thanks, I just bought a tamiya tt-01ed over the weekend so I can't wait to try it out there. It's gotta be smoother/easier on the tires than pavement.

This is my first drift car and I didn't realize the pavement was just going to destroy tires.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:22 AM   #2895
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Okinawa, Japan
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Thanks, I just bought a tamiya tt-01ed over the weekend so I can't wait to try it out there. It's gotta be smoother/easier on the tires than pavement.

This is my first drift car and I didn't realize the pavement was just going to destroy tires.
That place is pretty bad for drifting too. Like he said, rough on cars. Sticky tires are ok but the track is dirty too.

There is a drift track out in Awase that also has an offroad track for 1/10 buggies and SCTs. It too needs a bit of maintenance but is decent. The drift track is pretty nice. It is small like everything else on this island. I still stay strong on RC but it's tough with the support around here.

Like Jon said more politely, the RC scene has really went to shit since RC Paradise shut down and a few guys left. We relied so much on civilian employees to maintain stuff that once they left it went to crap. I wish I had more time to work on a track but every service on this island has an optempo like we deploy every month.

Anyways, there is still the Murasaki Mura track in Yomiton that siros maintains (nicely) but I am not sure about running on non-race days.
MurdaD0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Courtney Marine Corps Base Off-Road Track Okinawa Japan YDBD Track Locator Forum 922 03-20-2010 02:53 AM


Tags
japan off-road, okinawa military rc, okinawa off-road, okinawa rc, remote control okinawa


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:41 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net